February 10, 201412 yr Wait...are you insinuating no one will come out and support what Smart says he heard because only white people were around? No. Simply that unless questioned specifically about the incident, I don't see the two women on either side of him running to tell someone that he used a racial slur... How many people could have heard him?
February 10, 201412 yr So it's possible then that Smart didn't hear what he thinks he heard? Of course it's possible. But being in front of someone when they speak as opposed to behind them is a significant difference...
February 10, 201412 yr What about the camera guy? He had to have heard it. The one with the head phones on?
February 10, 201412 yr No. Simply that unless questioned specifically about the incident, I don't see the two women on either side of him running to tell someone that he used a racial slur... How many people could have heard him? Who? All the other black people that were around? That certainly made it look like you meant that no one would support Smart's side of things because everyone around was white.
February 10, 201412 yr The one with the head phones on? That's a good point.....does his wire guy have head phones on, ball boys, cheerleaders, official for that matter?
February 10, 201412 yr The one with the head phones on? There were plenty of people in front of them that didn't have headphones on.
February 10, 201412 yr That certainly made it look like you meant that no one would support Smart's side of things because everyone around was white. Who is more likely to make a big deal about a white man yelling a racial slur at a black man.... A group of white people, or a group of black people? That doesn't mean that I think NOBODY would do the right thing in that situation, its just far less likely to happen, IMO.
February 10, 201412 yr There were plenty of people in front of them that didn't have headphones on. Have any of those people confirmed Orr's story? No? Then how can you discredit Smart's claims for the same reason?
February 10, 201412 yr That's a good point.....does his wire guy have head phones on, ball boys, cheerleaders, official for that matter? How many of those people were as close to Orr as Smart was?
February 10, 201412 yr Cheerleaders were. Grip guy was. Point is, there were plenty of people within ear shot, and not one has come out confirming what Smart says he heard. Now, I am not even saying that Smart is necessarily lying. He might actually think he heard it. I do not believe that Orr has to prove his innocence. Deuce you and I are good friends. If you accused me of calling you said word, in hate......I would obviously say that it didn't happen. If others didn't come forward to confirm, I would be condemned at that point?
February 10, 201412 yr Deuce you and I are good friends. If you accused me of calling you said word, in hate......I would obviously say that it didn't happen. If others didn't come forward to confirm, I would be condemned at that point? To some people, yes you would be. And some others you wouldn't, just like we have in this discussion. You also don't have a history of heckling me that would lead folks to believe you might say something crazy. As I've already said, you can't discredit Smart's position because nobody has confirmed his story when nobody has confirmed Orr's either.
February 10, 201412 yr To some people, yes you would be. And some others you wouldn't, just like we have in this discussion. You also don't have a history of heckling me that would lead folks to believe you might say something crazy. As I've already said, you can't discredit Smart's position because nobody has confirmed his story when nobody has confirmed Orr's either. That's unfortunate and is the reason why no one will be satisfied.
February 10, 201412 yr To some people, yes you would be. And some others you wouldn't, just like we have in this discussion. You also don't have a history of heckling me that would lead folks to believe you might say something crazy. As I've already said, you can't discredit Smart's position because nobody has confirmed his story when nobody has confirmed Orr's either. The only bit of evidence, outside of Orr and Smart's own accounts, is the video tape that appears to support Orr's side. It doesn't absolutely confirm it, but it definitely helps his case IMO.
February 10, 201412 yr Have any of those people confirmed Orr's story? No? Then how can you discredit Smart's claims for the same reason? In conjunction with a review of the actions of Oklahoma State guard Marcus Smart by the Big 12 Conference, Texas Tech has completed its own thorough investigation regarding the incident at last night's basketball game involving Red Raider fan Jeff Orr. Texas Tech interviewed Mr. Orr along with numerous fans, photographers and arena personnel that were seated in the area surrounding him. Mr. Orr vehemently denied the accusation that he used a racial slur and no one in the vicinity of Mr. Orr heard such a slur. Seems as if people did confirm his story, at least according to the Texas Tech investigation into it...could be they are all liars though...WE DON'T KNOW
February 10, 201412 yr Seems as if people did confirm his story, at least according to the Texas Tech investigation into it...could be they are all liars though...WE DON'T KNOW Saying "I didn't hear it" doesn't confirm his story... Saying "He did not use a racial slur" would be confirming it...
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.