Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Marcus Smart shoves fan

Featured Replies

That's irrelevant to this IMO.

 

It's actually very relevant but lots of America suffers from head-in-the-sand syndrome.

  • Replies 469
  • Views 54.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's actually very relevant but lots of America suffers from head-in-the-sand syndrome.

 

So because we aren't just blindly accepting Smart's version of the incident our heads are in the sand?

Deuce, we typically agree on a lot of things on here, but it seems to me you're convinced he said what Smart says he did, and nothing is going to change your mind. The only person that knows 100% if he said it is Orr. You've already dismissed his denial. The numerous people sitting around him have said they never heard him say it, you're now dismissing their denial of it. Outside of Smart coming out and saying he was wrong and it wasn't said, what is it going to take for you to believe that he didn't use a racial slur?

 

I'm going to try and keep this post just short of B-Ball-Fan levels, but here goes.

 

I've heard, with my own two ears, a white fan yell the "N-Word" once in my life, and the athlete he said it to reacted like I had never seen...until this incident. He snapped and went after the guy, and luckily was restrained preventing an incident like this, and the fan, when confronted by several around him, made a bee-line for the door. I have NO IDEA what that fan said to Smart, but watch his face sitting on the floor, he hears (or, to be fair, thinks he hears) something way over-the-top. He literally snapped. Is that proof of the "N-Word", no, but it is proof that he heard, or thought he heard, something way out of line.

 

I've posted a number of times on my frustration with fans in general, that they think they can yell anything they want at athletes because they bought a ticket. I have reminded fans on a number of occasions, if you wouldn't say it to his face, standing on a street, don't yell it. You look dumb. I've also soap-box'd about white dudes using the term thug interchangeably for the "N-word", and that reared its head with Jackson from UC this week....drives me crazy. The labels and name calling is so beaten to death, hopefully as a society we can evolve at some point, but I'm still waiting. Every drunken fan that yells "you f-ing punk / thug" at a player should have to hang around after the game to be introduced.

 

All of that said, I have no idea what old dude said to Marcus Smart, but I'd bet you my portfolio it wasn't just "piece of crap".

Last post on the subject from me...

 

I think Orr said something worse/more derogatory than "piece of crap". However, I don't think he used a racial slur, for numerous reasons stated already in this thread. The biggest piece of evidence IMO, that leads me to that belief is Smart's apology. IMO, if Orr truly used a racial slur, there's no way Smart apologizes to Orr. None. I don't care if OKState told him to. The bottom line is Oklahoma State needs Smart a lot more than Smart needs them. If he used the slur, I can't imagine a scenario where Ford and the school don't have his back in that regard. JMO. But I have my head in the sand, so what do I know. :idunno:

So because we aren't just blindly accepting Smart's version of the incident our heads are in the sand?

 

Probably a good time to end this debate. I don't like being accused of such things for no reason. Apparently a different opinion, as logical as it

may seem to you and I, is nothing more than us having our heads in the sand.

The biggest piece of evidence IMO, that leads me to that belief is Smart's apology. IMO, if Orr truly used a racial slur, there's no way Smart apologizes to Orr. None. I don't care if OKState told him to.

 

If OSU told him to apologize or he wouldn't play, he apologizes. No question in my mind.

So because we aren't just blindly accepting Smart's version of the incident our heads are in the sand?

 

Funny how you think that is directed at you.

Last post on the subject from me...

 

I think Orr said something worse/more derogatory than "piece of crap". However, I don't think he used a racial slur, for numerous reasons stated already in this thread. The biggest piece of evidence IMO, that leads me to that belief is Smart's apology. IMO, if Orr truly used a racial slur, there's no way Smart apologizes to Orr. None. I don't care if OKState told him to. The bottom line is Oklahoma State needs Smart a lot more than Smart needs them. If he used the slur, I can't imagine a scenario where Ford and the school don't have his back in that regard. JMO. But I have my head in the sand, so what do I know. :idunno:

 

With this post, yes, you actually do.

Funny how you think that is directed at you.

 

I said I didn't think it was relevant, and you made that comment. Seems pretty clear you were talking about anyone who didn't think it applied.

I've said it a thousand times and I'll take it to my grave. It's a black thing. You wouldn't understand.

I said I didn't think it was relevant, and you made that comment. Seems pretty clear you were talking about anyone who didn't think it applied.

 

Halfback made the post that I said it is relevant. Post 418 and then post 421.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.