EKU 2014 recruits

Colonelblitz

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats to our KY kids.

Three kids from KY signed. That's amazing actually.

Good job "Eastern WE TAKE MOSTLY KIDS FROM EVERYWHERE ELSE OTHER THAN Kentucky University"

Hey, three this year, maybe four next year. It's progress. lol

There is a belief in most college football programs within the state (excluding NAIA), that Kentucky players really are not good enough. I remember back in the late 80's I worked a college football camp where a young man by the name of Mo Williams a FR/So in High School here in Kentucky, and he had a sister that ran track at EKU. The family moved his Jr year in High School to Georgia. Scary to know that he was only recruited by a few schools, but he ended back up at UK. If he had not gone to camp he would have not been discovered. (Point is there are plenty of GREAT PLAYERS that go unnoticed), but when you are losing you listen to someone else about who 5 stars are and do not decide for yourself. (Roy Kidd's staff recruited the Heart and Soul from Kentucky, but got players from everywhere. While Florida has always seemed to be the scapegoat, many great players like John Klingel, Dave Miller, Murphy, Spdifino, Victor Parks, and on and on came from the North. High School Football in this state is much better than it was 30 years ago. Gone form around 2,600 to around 7,000 playing the game. Just give them a chance.

9 Kentucky kids signed FCS scholarships yesterday with schools other than EKU. Maybe EKU was in on and had offered all of those 9 kids and just got beat out, but I doubt it.

In other words there were 12 FCS kids in his state last year at least and EKU got 3. Thats a bad batting average.

9 Kentucky kids signed FCS scholarships yesterday with schools other than EKU. Maybe EKU was in on and had offered all of those 9 kids and just got beat out, but I doubt it.

In other words there were 12 FCS kids in his state last year at least and EKU got 3. Thats a bad batting average.

According to the list in the High School Football Forum these were the kids that signed scholarships with FCS schools yesterday:

Lex Sowards, OL Ryle Indiana-State

Kagen Skidmore, OL Somerset-Eastern Kentucky

Donald Styles, DB Central-Austin Peay

Scott Daniels, WR Scott County-Eastern Kentucky

R.J. Taylor, WR Tates Creek-Wofford

Dylan Boone, DB Murray-Murray State

Chris Porter-Bunton, WR Warren Central-UT-Martin

Deion Jackson, WR/DB Mayfield-Murray State

Kameron Crim, OL Scott-Eastern Kentucky

Austin Askin, OL St. Xavier-Eastern Illinois

Lyndon Rowe, RB Ballard-Georgia State

Brannen McDonald, OL Boone-Eastern Kentucky

I count 12 total signees and 4 of those went to EKU. Of the 8 that did not 3 are wide receivers. EKU is set for the next couple of seasons at WR, especially with the signing of Scott Daniel from Scott County. Also, the 2 Murray State signees are from Murray and Mayfield so it sounds like they chose to play closer to home. They got a third of the Kentucky players that signed FCS scholarships, 4/10 that weren't right in Murray State's backyard. The Colonels had a very nice recruiting class overall.

Yeah, we are right. Maybe EKU could go back to winning playoff games like they used to.

4 of the out of state players were a direct connection from former Colonel football players.

I would love to see us win a playoff game or two , much like you would love to beat Western or the Ville.

Mods are constantly updating the list. When I posted it was 3. Sorry. No way EKU could use Lex Sowards, OL Ryle Indiana-State, Donald Styles, DB Central-Austin Peay, Austin Askin, OL St. Xavier-Eastern Illinois, or Lyndon Rowe, RB Ballard-Georgia State I'm sure.