EKU 2014 recruits

Colonelblitz

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am proud of the decision my oldest made, it was the best for him as decided by him. I dont feel like he was told no, I feel like he was mislead or deceived. As for what my youngest would think about your scenario, you would have to ask him. I have pushed my kids to become independent and I support their decisions. The numbers you present are trending upward. I guess I would have to ask how many were on scholly in 2008 and how many in 2013? Those numbers would be more indicative of the subject.

I felt the same way about the misled and deceived. I want EKU to succeed and do well but I don't like the way our situation went down.

Congrats to our KY kids.

Three kids from KY signed. That's amazing actually.

Good job "Eastern WE TAKE MOSTLY KIDS FROM EVERYWHERE ELSE OTHER THAN Kentucky University"

Hey, three this year, maybe four next year. It's progress. lol

EKU had 36 Kentucky kids on its roster last season. WKU had 26...

EKU had 36 Kentucky kids on its roster last season. WKU had 26...

And this year Western signed like 12? So what? Petrino has been know to recruit KY kids. Louisville numbers will start to go up now. EKU fans can continue to spin, rationalize, and blame others. Their staff has been there for a while. Danny Hope was the same way before that. Next year if WKU signs 3 I'll be the first one to start a thread calling them out.

And this year Western signed like 12? So what? Petrino has been know to recruit KY kids. Louisville numbers will start to go up now. EKU fans can continue to spin, rationalize, and blame others. Their staff has been there for a while. Danny Hope was the same way before that. Next year if WKU signs 3 I'll be the first one to start a thread calling them out.

A point was made that WKU did a much better job of recruiting Kentucky kids than EKU. Add the numbers on the rosters show that simply wasn't true.

I get that YOU are happy that your boy is there. Kudos. Western is ground that you don't want to continue with. They didn't do a good job in KY before Petrino came. Petrino is the reason they have 12 this year. He was there for one year and he is gone. Your coach is a long timer and if he wanted to emphasize it like Petrino he would, but he doesn't. You are making me sad because every fact I throw out you have some ridiculous excuse comeback that is all based on YOU being happy.

There have been high school coaches on this thread who have told how EKU doesn't put much emphasis on Kentucky Kids. There are 2 negative parent anecdotes for every 1 positive about being recruited by EKU. Coach Hood pays lip service to it and they get some. Murray is the same way. Too many FCS kids from Kentucky have to go out of state.

There have been high school coaches on this thread who have told how EKU doesn't put much emphasis on Kentucky Kids. There are 2 negative parent anecdotes for every 1 positive about being recruited by EKU. Coach Hood pays lip service to it and they get some. Murray is the same way. Too many FCS kids from Kentucky have to go out of state.

The list that Ram posted had 4 Kentucky kids signing with FCS teams out of the state of Kentucky. 4. And the WKU response was in direct response to Ram talking about WKU doing such a great job signing Kentucky players. What is ridiculous about the facts that I presented? They are numbers, nothing more. The numbers show that more than 1/3 of EKU's 2013 roster was made up of Kentucky kids. If you want to refute that then I don't really know what to tell you. I'm done with you.

If you have access to how each school spends their scholarship money feel free to post it. It wouldn't be a fair comparison anyway as FBS schools get more scholarships than FCS schools.

The point of the question is to see where they spend their money. I believe they try to get in state kids to walk on