Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

slobberknocker

10 Post Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by slobberknocker

  1. John is a football school. Most male athletes come for football with the winter and spring sports benefiting. We have several basketball starters each year that are football players.
  2. Khalil Frazier RB John Hardin to Georgetown College.
  3. What do you think about Neuman's stats? Where they decent, outstanding, or do you think he struggled like you claimed Elam did. You are right about these awards, they usually go to the kids who get press. But hating on these players and trying to down play their accomplishments is foolish. If a athlete is able to improve his stock by attending camps and combines and put his name out there more power to him. I feel bad for the kids that don't get those opportunities, especially if they are capable of playing at the next level. In Elam's case he didn't have to go that route. Colleges came knocking on his door. What gets you noticed for these awards more than anything is college offers.
  4. Sounds like your talking in circles. I asked you to tell us about all the other great defense players out there you referred to. I'm sure you can name many Linebackers that had more tackles but please tell us about some linemen that had as big of an impact for teams than Elam did. Do you know how many teams had to game plan around him? Saying he isn't worthy of being nominated or winning some of these awards is pretty dumb. Personally I like Fant for Mr. Football.
  5. Feel free to tell us all about the others since your so knowledgeable about defensive lineman. I would like to hear about them.
  6. Matt Elam's stats for the year. 84 tackles, 15 for loss, 4 sacks. Also Matt has the school record for blocked field goals and punts which he has many each year. Keep in mind he did this getting double teamed on most plays. Not to shabby for a d lineman in my book. Call me crazy I guess. :jump:
  7. What a game. Congrats to Bowling Green on the win. I'm very proud of the way our boys fought their way back into this game. I believe everyone at the start thought it would be a repeat blowout like the 2011 game. Our boys sure showed a lot of heart in this game. Congrats to Coach Lewis on his successful first year as head coach. Bowling Green I would wish you luck in the state game but I don't think you will need it. I'm starting to think you guys brew up the luck in that purple drink you guys keep talking about. Can you pass the recipe our way? Lol.
  8. We were a big underdog going into the game last year, and nearly pulled off the upset. I don't expect it to be as close this year especially if Elam doesn't play. However, there is a reason you play the game. You never know when the football gods may smile down on you and things go your way. John Hardin is due for one of those games. Good Luck to both teams!
  9. It won't be much of a game. First round playoffs games are usually dull. I say John wins 46-0.
  10. Both teams are 2-2. John has losses to Desales and Highlands. PRP has been beat by Scott County and Manual. Who wins this Dixie Hwy showdown?
  11. Elizabethtown NewsEnterprise coverage of the game. PREP FOOTBALL: Highlands holds on over John Hardin, 33-26 (09/15) | TheNewsEnterprise.com
  12. Great game. Highlands uptempo offense is pretty over whelming. I thought it was the difference in the game. Congrats to Highlands on the win!
  13. Our local paper coverage for the game tomorrow from the Elizabethtown NewsEnterprise. PREP FOOTBALL: Highlands presents a mountain-sized challenge for John Hardin (09/13) By Chuck Jones Friday, September 13, 2013 at 12:34 am PREP FOOTBALL: Highlands presents a mountain-sized challenge for John Hardin (09/13) The John Hardin Bulldogs realize the stakes couldn’t be higher than they will be Saturday night. They understand the mountain-sized challenge in front of them. The Bulldogs, ranked fifth in the latest Associated Press Class 5-A poll, host the Fort Thomas Highlands Bluebirds, the top-ranked team in 4-A, at 6 p.m. at Bulldog Stadium. The Bluebirds have won 22 state championships, including the 2009 5-A title over John Hardin. “It’s a huge test for us,” John Hardin senior Patrick Anderson said. “They are a really good team. They play great defense. Everybody gets to the ball. They have a good offense. It’s a challenge for us.” Chuck Jones can be reached at 270-505-1759 or [email protected]. PREP FOOTBALL: Highlands presents a mountain-sized challenge for John Hardin (09/13) | TheNewsEnterprise.com
  14. The difference between last year and this year is depth. We had a big talented Senior and Junior class last year. This year the classes behind the Seniors haven't developed like years past. We have several Seniors playing both ways because they have too. We don't have the luxury to platoon as we like. Even though some are playing both ways they are still very talented and can and will get it done against most. We do expect to meet Bowling Green in the state semi finals again this year. We knew when scheduling Highlands it was going to be a daunting task but need a tough physical team to play to help get us ready for the playoffs. Directions: From 71 take 65 south to the Ft.Knox-Radcliff Exit 102 (Joe Prather Hwy or Ky 313). Go about 8-9 miles to the corner of Dixie Hwy and Joe Prather. A Five Star and McDonald's sets on the corner. Make a left onto Dixie. Go up three lights (about a mile) and make a right onto A Jenkins Road. Papa Johns sits on the corner at this light. The school will be 3rd school on the right (Elementary, Middle, and High School are next to each other). The stadium is around back of the school. We have a huge parking area in front of the stadium you can use for tailgating. It does fill up quickly for the game. I would say since Highlands is coming it will fill up quicker than usual. The stands are all on the same side of the field. Visitors sit to the left when facing the field. We are expecting a full house since its a Saturday game. Food: For a cheap good meal I recommend Cheddars. If you go straight and stay on Dixie instead of turning on A. Jenkins road Cheddars is 1/4 mile down on your left next to Ihop. There are many other options another 1/4 mile down in Elizabethtown (Raffertys, OCharlies, Panera Bread, Steak n Shake, Tumbleweed, Long Horns, Captain D's, Red Lobster). I hope this helps and we wish safe trips to the Highlands faithful and team! Go Dawgs!
  15. Congrats to Desales. They will be tough to beat in 2A. It will be interesting to see how they fair against Warren Central next week. Desales has a nice mobile QB and two good Rb's. Desales lineman did a nice job of keeping Matt Elam in check. Three turnovers in the game by us. One on a long pass that our receiver caught and fumbled on the 3 yard line. It went into the end zone for a touchback with 25 seconds left in the game. I thought hitting the ground might have caused the fumble but I was to far away from the play to know for sure. I believe we relied to heavy on the run only going to the pass when forced to at the end of the game with two minutes left and down by 5pts. Our next three games (Meade County, Highlands, PRP) are going to be real challenges for us. We have a lot to improve on.
  16. Lots of proven experienced players on this team. Defense shouldn't miss a beat from years past. Offense has a lot of holes to fill. O-line, WR, RB are the question marks going into the season. John has always produced outstanding backs to carry the brunt of the offense. According to Hoss403 the tradition should continue this season. Several players will have to play both sides of the ball. If everyone can stay healthy I expect an 8-2 record and another trip to Bowling Green to face the purples at semi state.
  17. I think our very own Matt Elam has a great shot at winning Mr. Football. He is currently ranked as a 5 Star and 10th overall player in the nation by 247 sports. He currently holds offers from Alabama, Notre Dame, Ohio State, Louisville, Kentucky, Western Kentucky, Eastern Kentucky, Indiana, Purdue. His stock recently blew up after dominating the big boys at Alabama's Ellite Prospect Camp. Saban called him the best defensive lineman prospect in the nation. Barker and Matt have both been invited to play in the US Army All American game. I believe it definitely comes down to these two athletes. However, Im pulling for another defensive guy to win! It's time for the big guys to get some love! :ylsuper:
  18. DT Matt Elam was selected to play in the Army All American game today. He also picked up another offer from Ohio State. I would say he had a pretty good day. Go Dawgs! :ylsuper:
  19. Like any fan of their team I have hopes of beating both Highlands and BG, however we will be underdogs in both games. The one loss in my regular season prediction would be to Highlands.
  20. After this year I believe our Dawgs will have a rebuilding year or two. Finding replacements for the likes of Collins, Holtsclaw, Ray, Brown, Doss, and Fleming will be tough but not impossible with the Seniors we have. There is also a shot of some transfers from out of area like years past due to Ft. Knox being near by. Maybe will get another big time player that way. Let's keep the fingers crossed.
  21. John will make it back to the state semi finals in my opinion. QB/DB Patrick Anderson must stay healthy for this to happen. The team will live and die by his play. It's a lot of pressure on him but he will handle it fine. The defense will be strong again just like years past. All State DL and D1 athlete Matt Elam will lead the defensive charge. New Coach Chad Lewis is a good man and will do just fine in replacement of Mark Brown. It should be business as usual For the Dawgs. No worries other than facing Highlands at home and finding a way to beat Bowling Green at their house this year. I predict a 9-1 regular season.
  22. It should be another reload year for the Dawgs. I expect us to make it back to semi state facing Bowling Green in BG. Adding Highlands and PRP to the schedule should better prepare us for the playoffs.
  23. I would also like to see him at UK also. I'm sure if Matt would like some UL interest he would just need to attend a camp. I heard UK wants to play him at Offensive Tackle. I know he loves defense but with his ability to move for his size that may be a great spot for him.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.