Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Bowling Green 33 John Hardin 28

Featured Replies

Final from Bowling Green.

 

What a wild finish.

 

Discuss here.

...And Purples Nation exhales.

...And Purples Nation exhales.

 

Big time. And heads to the kitchen for another beverage.

Wow, what a night of Football!!! I wasn't even at any of the games but the 3 I followed were doozies all won in the last minute or in OT. Wow! Also all 3 of the teams I was rooting for won in those games too :) Pass the purple kool aide, the biggest BG fan outside of BG needs a drink!

Got to go out on the field with team after they were awarded semifinal trophy!

 

Got a big jug of Purple Hot Chocolate and headin home happy. And VERY Thankful!

Was this closer than expected?

John Hardin died by a thousand cuts on that last drive. They consistently found Tisdale or Pillow in the flat and just worked their way upfield. They did get a big play on a middle screen to Tisdale that got them about 30 yards. But it definitely had the field of a team that was afraid to get beat deep (especially by Fant) and were willing to give too much in the short game.

 

Make no mistake though, great game and a great comeback by John Hardin. I left them for dead as soon as they got down 21-0 so quickly, and ultimately were down 27-0. I just didn't see any way John Hardin would be able to come back from that, let alone to take the lead. BG got a defensive stand when they desperately needed it when John Hardin got near the red zone up 1 late, and then got the drive they needed. Champion team, champion drive. They simply do not know how to lose. It's not even in their vocabulary.

  • Author

How effective was Elam in this one? Lots of mention about his injury and being limited in the build-up to kickoff.

Destiny is only word i have. 2 years in a row purples take game from john hardin. Not given game, but they took it. Lincoln Quick for president. If purples are lucky enough to play them next year they better be ready. Wow.

 

Pulaski County i think you are going to run into something you don't want to see.

 

Wow

First of all....I honestly cried for the JH boys. There was one kid in particular from JH that stole my heart. I gave him a hug and tried to cheer him up...I really hope JH knows that they should be proud of the way they played...never once did they give up and they played very well....sometimes too well for me LOL....Great game JH. Be proud!!!!!

 

Now, for our guys....what a heart stopper!!!! I really don't think I could go through that again next year! I am soooo proud and so happy for our guys....in the end, they wanted to win this one and set out and did just that! Wow....Our guys just do not know when to stop and know just when to put the extra heart and energy in to get that WIN!!!! YIIIPPPEEEE!!!!! Way to go Purples

Did John Hardin try to run a hook and ladder?

 

No...No one tried that tonight.

Did John Hardin try to run a hook and ladder?

 

The video on the news looked kinda like it. They were throwing out to a player about 8 yards downfield and it looked to me like there was a guy trailing behind. But Jones (LB) just popped up and picked it off. It looked exactly the same as the Blackman game. He had an INT in the exact same way.

The video on the news looked kinda like it. They were throwing out to a player about 8 yards downfield and it looked to me like there was a guy trailing behind. But Jones (LB) just popped up and picked it off. It looked exactly the same as the Blackman game. He had an INT in the exact same way.

 

I must have missed that play....I might have been in the little girls room LOL It was so cold tonight which made me visit that room a lot!!!

I'd be willing to bet that JH fans and players alike are glad they will never see Blake Pillow on a hs football field again...imagine, he scored the winning TDs late in the games last year AND this year!!

 

I wore my Tactical Air Command cap tonight to show my respect to those fans and players who are military dependents. When this year's heart attack was over, the JH players came off the field, obviously very sad and disappointed. I saluted them with my right hand and offered them my left hand for support and congratulations. The vast majority of the players knew what it meant and were very appreciative of the respectful gesture. Many told me thank you, and I know that they meant it. An older coach of theirs and I had a friendly meeting before the game, and also when we met our last JH player coming off the field. He seemed genuinely impressed with our sportsmanship (not just mine and Mrs PH's), and I think that we have made a permanent friend in a nameless coach who witnessed a genuine act of compassion and well wishes for a young man whose dreams of a state championship came to an end.

 

It is indeed an honor to play John Hardin High School in football and to witness such an event!

 

Footnote: this win enabled BGHS to match their record for most consecutive wins on their home field (including bowl games and postseason games) at 25 in a row from 2010 to current. The record was first set from late 1993 to early in the playoffs in 1996, Kevin Wallace's first team. The last team to beat us before the current streak? Trinity 14-12! Warren Central and Christian County were road losses that year.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.