Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Bowling Green vs. John Hardin Predictions

Who wins? 24 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins?

    • John Hardin
      0%
      0
    • Bowling Green
      100%

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Will National Power Bowling Green keep on rolling or will their Jack and Jill twin John Hardin finally break on through to the other side?

My prediction is that the Purples beat John Hardin rather convincingly. Last year, if there was ever a game that our QB "struggled" it was this game. I know John Hardin had something to do with that, but no way does Devin struggle like he did last year (I still would take Hayes on his bad days, not many ...). This game presents (IMO) the last possible challenge for the Purples. I say whoever is in Finals from other side of state gets a running clock against them.

 

Purples at home (last home game for special senior class)

Decent weather

Emotional crowd

All local teams and coaches at game with their season over

PurpleHaze on sideline

 

These all spell out: Purples on a Mission

 

John Hardin will be going in "revenge" mode (I was at game last year, Purples won in a absolute football miracle). Rather than revenge mode, Hardin better be in, "keep Hayes and the weapons on the sideline mode."

 

Purples 48

JH 13

What do we know about Matt Elam's injury?

This doesnt surprise me one bit to see JH in this game.

 

This will be a war imo but BG just too fast imo. :thumb:

 

JH has speedsters just not as many, BG will roll in the end

What do we know about Matt Elam's injury?

 

Nothing yet. He said last night he was ok, but I don't know if he's had an MRI yet. It did not look good last night. He couldn't put much weight on it. Hope he is ok. I seriously doubt he plays against BG either way.

Nothing yet. He said last night he was ok, but I don't know if he's had an MRI yet. It did not look good last night. He couldn't put much weight on it. Hope he is ok. I seriously doubt he plays against BG either way.

 

BG by a bunch, they have too many weapons for the JH Bulldogs to keep paces with. Might be close early, but BG by at least 4 TD's when it's all said and done. Hope the Elam boy is ok.

Bowling Green 34-13.

What do we know about Matt Elam's injury?

He's scheduled to get an MRI on Monday. Like Hoss said, I would be surprised if he plays this week.

You bet Mrs PH and I will be down on the track next to the cheerleaders and in front of the Bleacher Bums!!:lol2:

 

I don't think that the Purples will forget last year's game and how close they came to getting beat. Even though they are the prohibitive favorite, I think that they will have the mindset that they will have something to prove. This will be especially true for Devin, who I think is the best dropback passer in the Commonwealth. I feel bad for Elam, and I hope that he can play, but without him and as many players who played great for their defense last year, I don't see how they can bottle up the awesome Purple offense this year, especially with their improved offensive line. I agree that it may be tight at first, but the Purples just seem to be like a stone rolling down hill, gaining momentum as the game goes on. They've been that way all season.

 

The Big El will be rockin' come Friday night!! By the way, the JH fans are among my favorite fans. I know that some of their players are military dependents at Ft Knox. Being retired Air Force, I get along great with their fans. The last time they beat us in BG, their fans AND their players guessed correctly that I'm disabled military (must be the missing legs, I don't know...:lol2:). The majority of them were congratulating me on a good game as well, and the well mannered military dependent players were calling me sir. They were equally gracious in defeat in E-town last year as well. Great fans and great people!!:thumb::thumb::thumb:

 

As for the other schools' players and fans in Warren Co...Y'all come! It's a community thing now...I'd love to see the seats and the track filled up with football fans Friday!:D

We were a big underdog going into the game last year, and nearly pulled off the upset. I don't expect it to be as close this year especially if Elam doesn't play. However, there is a reason you play the game. You never know when the football gods may smile down on you and things go your way. John Hardin is due for one of those games. Good Luck to both teams!

This isn't the first dance for these two. For at least the past 3 years, they have met in this game. The familiarity alone helps JH.

I feel bad for the Elam kid, as he's likely the leader for their team. IMO it will be as much of an emotional loss as physical, as he's important just being out there. This game does scare me much more so than the Final (with no disrespect to Anderson County or Pulaski County - they will have much more to overcome than JH IMO - More on that in a later thread). It definitely will be close early; it will be cold and look for BG for turn it over early.

 

BUT this team is on a mission and too loaded on offense. The thing that gets most overlooked on BGs team is their defense. They typically give up some points early, but make great adjustments and shut you down after that (i.e. Graves scored first and kicked a FG at the end of the half - they never scored again).

 

Too much of PP92's Purple Hot Chocolate in this one! Purples 42 - JH - 17

Purple Hot Chocolate. I like that. :thumb:

 

Any info on Elam? It really sucks he may not play and if he does that he won't be at 100%. I hope and pray his injury isn't serious.

Ben Roberts @NextCats

Coach Chad Lewis told me Elam is "very doubtful" for Friday's state semifinal playoff game. But they're thankful Elam's MRI showed no tears.

From the News Enterprise today it said Matt Elam has a partially dislocated patella and swelling around his meniscus, but no ACL or MCL tear. This is great news for the young man. I don't see him playing Friday but I am still relieved nothing is torn.

From the News Enterprise today it said Matt Elam has a partially dislocated patella and swelling around his meniscus, but no ACL or MCL tear. This is great news for the young man. I don't see him playing Friday but I am still relieved nothing is torn.

 

That's great new Hoss! Am really sorry he's not 100% for the game, but long term he should be fine.

All year you have said JH is the only team in 5A that can beat BG. What do you think about this game?

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.