The truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth.

As I continue to read the slanderous remarks about Bill Walker, his mother and AAU coach I am both saddened and extremely disappointed in the so-called reliable sources and insiders of this unfortunate situation. Who are these people? And, where if not the school is this info being released?

I am a friend to Bill , his mother and until now a supporter of Rose Hill. Bill's mother is a good and loving mom and only has her son's best interest in mine and does not deserve what you critics are dishing out. A couple of you really seem to feel that the RH administration and coaching staff knew more than they are telling and you are right.

You want the truth; I will give you the truth.

Three years ago a RH supporter called asking if Mayo, Walker, Williams and Taylor would like to attend RH Christian School. And yes they were all on the same AAU team. Bill was enrolled in the 6th. grade at RH along with his teammates Mayo and Williams. Taylor. All but Taylor were held back a year. This was indeed and opportunity to improve there grades and gain a little maturity in this small, christian school enviornment. Shortly after enrollment, Bill was faced with a situation of being wrongly accused of an incident which was later discovered to be a setup to get rid of Bill. His mother pulled him out of RH and enrolled him in a WV middle school. The following year he was enrolled in the 7th. grade at a private school that did not even have a basketball team, so I can safely say that education was the priority for Walker and his mom.

Bill and his teammates missed each other so Mayo, at the beginning of this school year asked coach Hall could Bill come back to school at RH. Bill's mother received calls from two individuals of authority a RH (one being Coach Hall) asking that Bill come back to school at RH. The only catch was that at that time there was not a chair in the 8th. grade (the grade in which Bill belonged) but, she was told, there would be a chair by Oct. 15, 2002 and Bill would get that seat. This promise was made before basketball had even started. Bill then returned to school in WV to wait for his seat at RH. In the middle of Oct. Bill now 6'5" tall with a lot of basketball skill and talent was enrolled in RH, and soon placed on the basketvall squad. It was at this point that all focus was lost on Bill being placed in the grade which he belonged. Instead the focus was playing basketball. Maybe the coach should have recognized that academics should have been considered first not athletics. When BW mom found out that her son was placed in the 9th grade and not the 8th grade, like she was promised, she started calling the administrator and coach Hall. At this time, she expresses her concern that after being made aware of a couple of opportunities to seat Bill in the right grade, why had nothing been done. She was told that because basketball season had started there might be a problem. Bill's mom and other family members, now feeling as though she was getting the Royal Run Around asked for help in the matter from one of his AAU coaches who is not just a coach but a friend for a number of years. The same coach that was initially contacted by the RH supporter from day one. The administrator with Coach Hall set a meeting. During the meeting will coach Hall and the AAU coach there was much discussion about the whole situation and Coach Hall agreed that Bill should not have been kept in the 9th grade, and that he (Hall) would have to meet will the administration to get the error corrected, but that he "would get it done". After the meeting with Hall and his colleagues, it was determined that nothing could be done about the situation at this time because it might send up a red flag if the error was corrected now. Again athletics did indeed rule over academics and it was not the player, his mom or his AAU coach at fault. You see some at RH are Christians and some just wear the mask. Maybe those wearing the mask should really read the book and learn that GOD sees all and knows all. You can fool the forum but you cannot fool GOD!!!!!

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will not speak to all of the post here, because I do not intimately know all the details of what is suggested, but I CAN certianly tell you this. This statement...

Originally posted by A Saint Elsewhere

Shortly after enrollment, Bill was faced with a situation of being wrongly accused of an incident which was later discovered to be a setup to get rid of Bill. His mother pulled him out of RH...

is extreamly offensive to me (I know full well what happened) and WRONG. I was very involved in this situation and I can tell you, A Saint Elsewhere, that this is not an accurate description of what transpired. I will not go into the details for Bill's sake. But if the rest of this post is based on what this phrase is based on, then I would be careful to lend it any credence whatsoever. :argue:

So some of the facts of this situation include:

1. A RH supporter contacts 4 students who just happen to be excellent basketball players and enquires if they would like to attend RH.

2. Three of these four excellent basketball players are held back for "academics" reasons.

3. A player is enrolled in the 9th grade which is what grade you would expect him to be in given his chronological age. He is apparently passing because he is playing basketball and presumably academically eligible. He withdraws from school because he (and his mother) want him to be in the 8th grade.

4. An AAU coach agrees to help the player withdraw from the 9th grade so he can attend 8th grade and play on an AAU team with the other excellent basketball players.

Viewing the situation from a distance, it's hard to believe that basketball isn't the primary motivation for the decisions that are being made by just about everyone involved. I'm sure you're going to tell me that it's not the case but that's what it looks like from the peanut gallery.

i think you left out some very important truths!

(im sure it was an accident)

but answer these questions

1.when bill left rose hill the first time, he enrolled at cammack, what grade was he in?(7th?)

2.after that school year, in the fall of 2001, he was again at cammack, what grade was he in then? (8th?)

3. after that school year, in the fall of 2002, bill enrolled at st joe, in huntington,wva, what grade was he in?(9th?)

4. if bill was in the 7th grade at some "private school that didnt even offer basketball, why did he enrolll at st joe in the 9th grade? if being in the 9th grade was a problem, why wasnt it a problem when he enrolled at st joe?

5.i dont think any school that i know of would take a student that was currently in 9th grade and passing and then let him enroll as a 8th grader? that seems to be a little "strecth"

6. of course, im sure aau basketball has nothing to do with these decisions, but im sure several aau officials are wondering how a player on last years 7th grade national championship team, is now a 9th grader? and bill's decision to be a 9th grader at st jo's had nothing to do with rose hill, your whole premise that your statement is "nothing but the truth" is lacking certain elements

this subject has been beat around enough, and i hope for bill's sake he can find a place to get a good education and continue to

hone his considerable basketball talents, i hope it all works out for bill, but this decision that was made by "others" for bill will haunt him for the rest of his career im afraid

i hope im wrong

guru- i hope i didnt cross any lines here, but i felt st elsewhere brought up some points that needed to be addressed, sorry if i was too specific

Originally posted by shooterx3

i think you left out some very important truths!

(im sure it was an accident)

but answer these questions

1.when bill left rose hill the first time, he enrolled at cammack, what grade was he in?(7th?)

2.after that school year, in the fall of 2001, he was again at cammack, what grade was he in then? (8th?)

3. after that school year, in the fall of 2002, bill enrolled at st joe, in huntington,wva, what grade was he in?(9th?)

4. if bill was in the 7th grade at some "private school that didnt even offer basketball, why did he enrolll at st joe in the 9th grade? if being in the 9th grade was a problem, why wasnt it a problem when he enrolled at st joe?

5.i dont think any school that i know of would take a student that was currently in 9th grade and passing and then let him enroll as a 8th grader? that seems to be a little "strecth"

6. of course, im sure aau basketball has nothing to do with these decisions, but im sure several aau officials are wondering how a player on last years 7th grade national championship team, is now a 9th grader? and bill's decision to be a 9th grader at st jo's had nothing to do with rose hill, your whole premise that your statement is "nothing but the truth" is lacking certain elements

this subject has been beat around enough, and i hope for bill's sake he can find a place to get a good education and continue to

hone his considerable basketball talents, i hope it all works out for bill, but this decision that was made by "others" for bill will haunt him for the rest of his career im afraid

i hope im wrong

guru- i hope i didnt cross any lines here, but i felt st elsewhere brought up some points that needed to be addressed, sorry if i was too specific

:lol: For once you didn't cross the line.:lol:

i dont live in the 16th, so i will be honest and tell you i dont have a dog in this fight but i do have a few questions, how long has rosehill been a private school, how were there teams before they got coach hall, and would any of these threads been started if some of you just cant stand to lose to someone you were beating before.

I only ask this because i know in my region when a team that normally doesnt do well the "usual supects" go nuts because they cant stand to lose to them.

Originally posted by theguru

The truth is what we are after. However, incidents, problems, situations, legal stuff, etc. are things better left unsaid.

It's too bad Bill didn't play in the All A. I wonder how the finals would have turned out?

Guru....with no slight meant to St. Henry, who deserved to win, I believe the results would have been dramatically different. But as the old saying goes "If 'ifs' and 'buts' were candy and nuts....."

As far as St. Elsewhere's post, from what I know there are grains of truth in what was stated, however, shooterX3 included some interesting facts. By the way, for the "Saints" 1st post on BGP he appeared awfully seasoned at it.

There are three sides to every story. In this case...

The Rose Hill side,

the Bill Walker side,

and you can be assured the truthful side lies somewhere in the middle of these two.

My personal opinion is that below the veneer and spin of what everyone wants you to believe, that everybody who has their hands in this mess has some dirt caked on.

airSABU,

Rose Hill has only been in existance for 20 years (about). It hasn't always had a basketball team (though I can't tell you when it started, I think the late 80's). Until 2001-02, they had one winning season and one .500 season. They rarely played public schools and had never won a district game (either Sweet 16 or All-A). Before Coach Hall, they were basically the whipping boy of the 16th. If you happened to read the basketball preview from the DI last year after the season you would have laughed at the passing off of talent that was at RH. But RH won that that wasn't cool to a lot of people. It was a building process, that suddenly exploded and they got real good real fast. But anyway...I hope that answers your questions.