Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Why did Collins defeat Highlands?

Featured Replies

What it comes down to is Highlands is a team that is easy to beat.

 

Alright, now you're even out-doing yourself. :lol2:

  • Replies 144
  • Views 16.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Alright, now you're even out-doing yourself. :lol2:

 

Maybe I should apply for the Ryle job and prove it! :D

Well, to answer the question posed at the beginning of the thread...they scored more points. Whether that's this, that or the other...in the end, that's the answer. :D

Good thing they don't play SK or they would have more losses!

 

MAYBE, SK would have won this year (you can't really be sure one way or the other). But over the last 10 years or so, SK wins no more than once or twice against Highlands.

 

It's hard for me to imagine how one can take so much pleasure in seeing a bunch of teenagers lose a football game.

PP92 is correct on one thing and I've been saying it on here for years.

 

If I see a team described as "athletic" I know they've got a few black players. Without question. Universal.

 

I will say I never used this filter in such a direct manner. To me, 'athletic' could be a team that has skill players players that all run 4.5s, are all at least 6' tall and are well conditioned. Granted few 'all white' teams meet this make-up but I never really tied the term to race.

Just the 'stats'.

 

Collins turnovers - 0

Collins penalties - 2 (vs. HHS 8)

Highlands punts - 6 (vs. Collins 2)

First downs: Collins 25, HHS 23

TOP: Collins 27:25, HHS 20:30

 

 

LexCath failed to force HHS to punt in two games. Collins forced 6 punts in one game. No turnovers, Only 2 penalties.

 

Why did Collins win? Defense, discipline, execution.

Just the 'stats'.

 

Collins turnovers - 0

Collins penalties - 2 (vs. HHS 8)

Highlands punts - 6 (vs. Collins 2)

First downs: Collins 25, HHS 23

TOP: Collins 27:25, HHS 20:30

 

 

LexCath failed to force HHS to punt in two games. Collins forced 6 punts in one game. No turnovers, Only 2 penalties.

 

Why did Collins win? Defense, discipline, execution.

 

Where are these stats from? Collins did in fact have no turnovers. Highlands had 2 I believe. Collins I believe punted 2 or 3 times and Highlands punted 1 time. Penalties were a key factor in this game as well. Collins had 2 blatant penalties that you had to call. No others which is surprising that there would not be a hold or two somewhere in a game where you run the ball as successfully as they did. Seemed like every Highlands penalty was at a crucial time as there were several holds called after a substantial gain.

 

Speaking of penalties, can someone explain to me how a running back can tackle a defender who is getting ready to make a play on the quarterback on the flea flicker that Collins ran deep in their own end and there not be a penalty?

Hahahaha! Seriously, are we not allowed to say black when referencing black kids. Wait, Clyde did. he must be a trendsetter.

What happened to those Collins athletes when Highlands threw the ball? Houlistan had around 380 yards passing to a bunch of Highlands athletes. By the way, that QB for Collins was perhaps the star of the game and he's a heck of an athlete. #85 for Collins is a good athlete and made some nice plays. But they aren't the PP92 type of athlete. I did not see Hghlands' defense get out athleted in the way PP92 is referencing it. Bottom line for me, I see nothing to the assertion that PP92 is making.

Athletic = black players? Wow. I live in, what most consider Eastern Kentucky, and I have never seen that word used to mean a race. Wow.

 

I have some questions: What does "fast" mean? What does "good player" mean? What does "college prospect" mean? What do you call "White" players that are good? What do you call other race players that are good? What do you call black players that are bad?

Athletic = black players? Wow. I live in, what most consider Eastern Kentucky, and I have never seen that word used to mean a race. Wow.

 

I have some questions: What does "fast" mean? What does "good player" mean? What does "college prospect" mean? What do you call "White" players that are good? What do you call other race players that are good? What do you call black players that are bad?

 

You should come to the basketball forum more often.

Athletic = black players? Wow. I live in, what most consider Eastern Kentucky, and I have never seen that word used to mean a race. Wow.

 

I have some questions: What does "fast" mean? What does "good player" mean? What does "college prospect" mean? What do you call "White" players that are good? What do you call other race players that are good? What do you call black players that are bad?

 

 

Fast=black

 

Good=white

 

College prospect-what position and I can likely guess the skin tone

 

Other races that are good-need more info but again, depending on the adjectives I can likely guess the skin tone

 

Whites that are athletic-freakishly athletic is usually the term that stands out to me

 

Blacks that aren't athletic-possesses a high IQ

 

Blacks that aren't good-PP92

Athletic = black players? Wow. I live in, what most consider Eastern Kentucky, and I have never seen that word used to mean a race. Wow.

 

I have some questions: What does "fast" mean? What does "good player" mean? What does "college prospect" mean? What do you call "White" players that are good? What do you call other race players that are good? What do you call black players that are bad?

 

After reading this I typed "athletic" into the BGP search engine. First high school thread? SK v Louisville Butler. Butler , said more than one, is "athletic."

 

Happens more than most realize.

Agree. If I have the tv on a basketball game and I'm in the kitchen and can't see the screen, I have a 99% chance of knowing what they're saying with "gym rat", "deceptively quick", "gets the most out of his abilities", and "cerebral player".

Edited by JokersWild24

Fast=black

 

Good=white

 

College prospect-what position and I can likely guess the skin tone

 

Other races that are good-need more info but again, depending on the adjectives I can likely guess the skin tone

 

Whites that are athletic-freakishly athletic is usually the term that stands out to me

 

Blacks that aren't athletic-possesses a high IQ

 

Blacks that aren't good-PP92

But you're very well spoken.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.