December 8, 201312 yr I've read about the best athletes not being on the field enough especially on defense. How does Highlands staff decide which side gets the best athletes? I've heard that Dale takes the best athletes for the most part and leaves Brian W the rest, is that true? They usually just flip a coin...:thumb:
December 8, 201312 yr Am I wrong? Depends on how you say it. I'm making an observation without beating around the bush. Am I wrong? I agree...Stay Classy PP, don't bring that here...Just sayin
December 8, 201312 yr I'm saying this defense had a hard time against predominately black teams. That's exactly what I am saying. We can sit on here and act like it's never been discussed privately or somebody can prove my theory wrong. UC sent key players both ways and we all know that contributed to the downfall of a team regardless of their predominance of athletes. You have to two platoon against a team like Highlands. That theory has been proven. Now what happens when you can two platoon with people they can't keep up with? Gets a lot tougher doesn't it? I had (code word) alot of respect for you until this...Sorry my friend, you are waaaaaay out of line
December 8, 201312 yr As a white guy, there is nothing racist about that...just a very honest opinion. As one who is a fan of everything Highlands, it has some strong merit.so, it's not racist to believe black kids are just better athletes than white kids? So, I guess by that standard it's not racist to say that Asian kids are just smarter than black kids, right?
December 8, 201312 yr so, it's not racist to believe black kids are just better athletes than white kids? So, I guess by that standard it's not racist to say that Asian kids are just smarter than black kids, right? So it's racist to see more blacks run faster, jump higher and perform athletically at a level that a majority of white people can't? That's racist?
December 8, 201312 yr I just looked up the definition of racism, and yes, what you mentioned would 100% fit the definition of racism.
December 8, 201312 yr So it's racist to see more blacks run faster, jump higher and perform athletically at a level that a majority of white people can't? That's racist? Would you pls stop...You are embarrassing yourself and the BG football program Sir...
December 8, 201312 yr I just looked up the definition of racism, and yes, what you mentioned would 100% fit the definition of racism. Forgive me. I thought it was more stereotyping than being racist. I stereotype a lot. I don't hate anyone for the color of their skin so to me it's not racist. It's an observation. For example, I can tell you why Asians, and whites for that matter, appear smarter than blacks and that is largely because the focus in a large majority of black communities isn't on education. Asians and whites pay way more attention to education than the black community and put themselves in a position to succeed in life based on obtaining as good of an education as possible. That is racist?
December 8, 201312 yr Would you pls stop...You are embarrassing yourself and the BG football program Sir... I am a fan of the program. I have no ties to the program other than past football players. I know race can be a sensitive subject for some. For me it isn't. My posts may be brutally honest but they are respectful. I'm sorry they bother you but I have had this conversation with multiple people and I wondered if it has any merit. Do you feel like people don't discuss things like this? Or should conversations like this always remain private?
December 8, 201312 yr Perhaps Collins won the game, not because they have black kids, but because they had a very good team that executed a good game plan against Highlands? Highlands has beaten Holmes, Cincy Withrow and Cincy St. X in the recent past, and they have a lot of black kids on their rosters. Conversely, Ryle and Elder have been the only teams to beat HHS recently up until Saturday and they are mainly white kids.
December 8, 201312 yr I am a fan of the program. I have no ties to the program other than past football players. I know race can be a sensitive subject for some. For me it isn't. My posts may be brutally honest but they are respectful. I'm sorry they bother you but I have had this conversation with multiple people and I wondered if it has any merit. Do you feel like people don't discuss things like this? Or should conversations like this always remain private?[/QUOTE] Not for me big boy... But then again I guess this is why this got moved...Just sayin Good Luck to BG tomorrow. The Purples are special this yr...:thumb:
December 8, 201312 yr Perhaps Collins won the game, not because they have black kids, but because they had a very good team that executed a good game plan against Highlands? Highlands has beaten Holmes, Cincy Withrow and Cincy St. X in the recent past, and they have a lot of black kids on their rosters. Conversely, Ryle and Elder have been the only teams to beat HHS recently up until Saturday and they are mainly white kids. Gotcha. That helps my question. I'm not saying Collins won because they have black kids but I am saying it definitely helped. I don't think we can deny that this season's Highlands defense wasn't as athletic as some in the past. I think that makes a difference. I could be wrong. When Mercer County and Harrodsburg merged Mercer County became a much more diverse school and that diversity brought speed that Mercer County had never had before. It makes a difference anyway you want to slice it. When you can add great coaching with great athletes along with a tremendous game plan and the ability to two platoon then you have the ingredients to defeat Highlands. Highlands puts together such great teams and has such great coaching that even when they don't have the athletes superior to teams like Tilghman, John Hardin and Warren Central they still find a way to win. When a team like Collins has a good mixture of all of the above then they possess the blueprint to defeating Highlands.
December 8, 201312 yr I am a fan of the program. I have no ties to the program other than past football players. I know race can be a sensitive subject for some. For me it isn't. My posts may be brutally honest but they are respectful. I'm sorry they bother you but I have had this conversation with multiple people and I wondered if it has any merit. Do you feel like people don't discuss things like this? Or should conversations like this always remain private?[/QUOTE] Not for me big boy... But then again I guess this is why this got moved...Just sayin Good Luck to BG tomorrow. The Purples are special this yr...:thumb: I ain't mad at that. Racial conversations aren't for everyone and I'll talk about anything. Obviously. Take care, sweep. :thumb:
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.