Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Why did Collins defeat Highlands?

Featured Replies

But you're very well spoken.

 

Beautiful. That is perfect. :D

  • Replies 144
  • Views 16.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm shocked that so many people are shocked by this... Maybe because me and PP are "athletic" we notice it more.

Agree. If I have the tv on a basketball and I'm in the kitchen and can't see the screen, I have a 99% chance of knowing what they're saying with "gym rat", "deceptively quick", "gets the most out of his abilities", "cerebral player".

"Floor general", "Possession receiver", "manages the game (QB)", "lacks quickness"

Athletic = black players? Wow. I live in, what most consider Eastern Kentucky, and I have never seen that word used to mean a race. Wow.

 

I have some questions: What does "fast" mean? What does "good player" mean? What does "college prospect" mean? What do you call "White" players that are good? What do you call other race players that are good? What do you call black players that are bad?

I'm with you on this. I was kind of disturbed by the notion some were saying meaning Athlete=Black

 

I've watched a lot of "Athletic" players who were white, or at least what I thought "Athletic" meant. Maybe I just don't know the definition.

I'm with you on this. I was kind of disturbed by the notion some were saying meaning Athlete=Black

 

I've watched a lot of "Athletic" players who were white, or at least what I thought "Athletic" meant. Maybe I just don't know the definition.

 

I don't think it's always something synonymous with one player. If someone is trying to describe to me that a team that I haven't ever seen play is "really, really athletic", it's not always hard to pick up on what they mean.

I don't think it's always something synonymous with one player. If someone is trying to describe to me that a team that I haven't ever seen play is "really, really athletic", it's not always hard to pick up on what they mean.

 

Like Dallas Carter vs. the Permian Panthers.

"Floor general", "Possession receiver", "manages the game (QB)", "lacks quickness"

 

Agree. When's the last time you have heard a black kid who isn't a coach's son described as "gym rat who is like a coach on the floor and gets the most out of his abilities"?

I'm shocked that so many people are shocked by this... Maybe because me and PP are "athletic" we notice it more.

 

I'm as white as you can get and have always recognized it.

Agree. When's the last time you have heard a black kid who isn't a coach's son described as "gym rat who is like a coach on the floor and gets the most out of his abilities"?

 

Saul Smith? Wait …

I'm shocked that so many people are shocked by this... Maybe because me and PP are "athletic" we notice it more.

 

:lol:

I don't think it's always something synonymous with one player. If someone is trying to describe to me that a team that I haven't ever seen play is "really, really athletic", it's not always hard to pick up on what they mean.

Maybe I'm just sheltered. I go back to last year for instance, when someone would ask me about a certain senior at Cooper H.S (AJ Collins) I would describe him as very athletic. AJ Collins in my eyes is as athletic as you'll find. I guess I'm just different than most. I always described players by what they were, either athletic or not lol.

Maybe I'm just sheltered. I go back to last year for instance, when someone would ask me about a certain senior at Cooper H.S (AJ Collins) I would describe him as very athletic. AJ Collins in my eyes is as athletic as you'll find. I guess I'm just different than most. I always described players by what they were, either athletic or not lol.

 

I don't think you are sheltered. It's just a difference in how some people dance around the issue with terms that only indirectly get at what they are trying to say while others just come out and say it.

 

Also, I was referring to how people describe teams more generally, whereas you were talking about specific individuals.

 

In any event, usually if there's a kid whose white and really athletic, the fact that he's white will eventually come up because it seems like such an exception. This may not be something that's explicitly mentioned, but take a guy like Rex Chapman, for instance, and notice that people called him "exceptionally athletic" or something similar.

 

Different terms have different connotations in different situations, but you can probably see where people are coming from on this one.

 

 

I can also see the point of people calling teams "athletic" and "fast"... well, because they actually are 'athletic' and 'fast' in reference to what the words actually mean.

Austin Collinsworth is pretty athletic as is/was Jeff Shepherd

 

Sherray Thomas(code word) was not athletic.

I'll just put this out there. I firmly believe that on average blacks are much better athletes than whites. Does that make me racist? Like anything there are exceptions to the rule, but I believe that in this case the stereotype came to be because there is a lot of truth to it.

 

In my opinion all you have to do is pay attention to the make up of rosters within the NBA, NFL, major D1 athletics and you will see quite a bit of proof to my point. Out of all the NBA all-stars last year, David Lee and Brook Lopez were the only non-black players selected to the team.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.