Why did Collins defeat Highlands?

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think anyone that says anything other then "Collins was the better team" is an excuse maker. All other factors were equal, or slanted in the favor of Highlands.

No, I'm not a Highlands hater, they are easily one of the best programs in the state every year, Collins was better this year.

Were the Birds flat as some say? Was it the defense? What really happened today in Bowling Green? Was the cold weather a factor? Is Collins really a better team than Highlands? Just doesn't make much sense...:idunno:

A lack of a good defense is what cost Highlands. I don't buy the flat excuse. Never have and never will. Don't you think that the RB from Highlands was giving it everything he had during the game? You know he was. IMO they could have used him more on defense.

Collins was the better team.

Both offenses had some huge drives. Collins seemed to put more pressure on Houliston and seemed to be a pretty big factor and Collins covered the pass better. Highlands moves the ball through the air also but had to come up with some great catches by recievers who seemed to be covered a lot better than HHS defense against the pass.

Great game by two great teams.

Collins was the better team.

Other than that, something that isn't mentioned much is how big a part matchups play. I think Collins just matched up better against Highlands. Their D line out played highlands OLine and their OLine matched up favorably to HHS DLine I thought.