Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Why did Collins defeat Highlands?

Featured Replies

Were the Birds flat as some say? Was it the defense? What really happened today in Bowling Green? Was the cold weather a factor? Is Collins really a better team than Highlands? Just doesn't make much sense...:idunno:

  • Replies 144
  • Views 16.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think anyone that says anything other then "Collins was the better team" is an excuse maker. All other factors were equal, or slanted in the favor of Highlands.

 

No, I'm not a Highlands hater, they are easily one of the best programs in the state every year, Collins was better this year.

Were the Birds flat as some say? Was it the defense? What really happened today in Bowling Green? Was the cold weather a factor? Is Collins really a better team than Highlands? Just doesn't make much sense...:idunno:

 

A lack of a good defense is what cost Highlands. I don't buy the flat excuse. Never have and never will. Don't you think that the RB from Highlands was giving it everything he had during the game? You know he was. IMO they could have used him more on defense.

I have a theory but I need to do some investigating.

  • Author
A lack of a good defense is what cost Highlands. I don't buy the flat excuse. Never have and never will. Don't you think that the RB from Highlands was giving it everything he had during the game? You know he was. IMO they could have used him more on defense.

 

By defense, what do you mean exactly?

Collins was the better team.

 

Both offenses had some huge drives. Collins seemed to put more pressure on Houliston and seemed to be a pretty big factor and Collins covered the pass better. Highlands moves the ball through the air also but had to come up with some great catches by recievers who seemed to be covered a lot better than HHS defense against the pass.

 

Great game by two great teams.

Collins was the better team this year. Makes perfect sense to most outside of Ft. Thomas.

After exhaustive research I have determined the answer to this question.

 

Why did Collins defeat Highlands?

 

They scored more points, that is why.

 

 

Sorry can't do smileys on the phone.

Collins was the better team.

 

Other than that, something that isn't mentioned much is how big a part matchups play. I think Collins just matched up better against Highlands. Their D line out played highlands OLine and their OLine matched up favorably to HHS DLine I thought.

Collins was the better team today, from coaching down to player desire and intensity. They just seemed to want it more, as cliche as that sounds.

After exhaustive research I have determined the answer to this question.

 

Why did Collins defeat Highlands?

 

They scored more points, that is why.:D

 

Assist by Ram.:D

I'm always hesitant to be direct in here and let me say my answer is not an indictment on any one player or coach. HHS is obviously at a different level than almost every other school in KY.

 

With that:

 

defense.

Collins has better skilled players.

Collins is the better team. Nothing else to say really.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.