Worst Parent of a player you have ever witnessed

I agree Bigzig!! Doesnt seem like anyone is accountable for there actions & parents allow kids to get by with WAY too much!! I hear kids smart off to parents & back in the day, they would have got there head "chilled." Parents act no better to "authority" figures such as coaches, referees & administration!!

I reffed alot of games up in Zion Illinios while I was stationed up there and I toss a parent for the use of profanitys, everything else I would let roll off my back. I did have to stop one game in particular when the parent started heckling the kids on the other team. One comment in particular got under my skin he yelled Foul number 21 he cant shoot, put him at the line every time down the floor, when the other team started following his instructions I stopped the game informed the coaches he had to leave before the game would resume.

I had one ref as a partner who got so fed up with the stuff he just left and never did ref for that league again. These were 5th and 6th graders playing keep in mind.

scott lewis

USNavy

Bahrain

I agree Bigzig!! Doesnt seem like anyone is accountable for there actions & parents allow kids to get by with WAY too much!! I hear kids smart off to parents & back in the day, they would have got there head "chilled." Parents act no better to "authority" figures such as coaches, referees & administration!!

If you look at the kids who are typically the ones mouthing off... the apple doesnt fall far from the tree. The parents are usually right there with them. It goes hand in hand. You cannot generalize and make statements like all kids today are like this. I have very respectful kids on my team but I have coached against teams that were horrible. One game was almost called because the kids rebelled against the coach and wouldnt listen. The coach told the league director that he wanted to forfeit the game due to this. I couldnt believe it. The director came over and got all the boys in a huddle and must have said something that scared them to death because they finished the game.

There was a parent of a Lloyd player who was cut from the team last year, that at this years Dixie-Lloyd game sat behind the Lloyd bench with a Dixie shirt on and gave the Lloyd coach all he wanted to hear. Some people are just ridiculous. Go to the game support your kid, and go home. If your kid gets into a fight on the floor he probably provocked something to be a part of it. If he doesn't play enough help him get better. Most kids don't get to play after their high school career, don't ruin it for them by bringing attention onto yourself! :madman:

This is a good thread, maybe some of these parents will look at it and say to them selves has my behavior been that bad.

Any how as a 8th grader many many years ago i was the manager for the high school team. We had just gotten back to the school after playing an away game. One of the parents of a player for our team was'nt happy that his son had to ride the bench because he had missed a few days practiceand he let the coach know it. The worst part though was that as the coach was walking to his car the parent (whether he was just trying to intimadate or not I can't say for sure) puts his car in reverse and floors the accelarator as he's backing toward the coach. The coach ran to his car and the parent drove off. All this because the coach wouldn't bend the rules (that applied to all the players stars or not)for this boy.

This is a good thread, maybe some of these parents will look at it and say to them selves has my behavior been that bad.

Any how as a 8th grader many many years ago i was the manager for the high school team. We had just gotten back to the school after playing an away game. One of the parents of a player for our team was'nt happy that his son had to ride the bench because he had missed a few days practiceand he let the coach know it. The worst part though was that as the coach was walking to his car the parent (whether he was just trying to intimadate or not I can't say for sure) puts his car in reverse and floors the accelarator as he's backing toward the coach. The coach ran to his car and the parent drove off. All this because the coach wouldn't bend the rules (that applied to all the players stars or not)for this boy.

You would hope that they would but most will read it and point fingers in everyone elses direction but their own.

This is an easy question. There is/was a Paintsville parent that sits oin the stage at home games behind the opposing teams coaches and whispers sweet nothings in their ears. j/j

The parent behind the bench of the opposing team is not a good situation any way you slice it. May not have been the worst parent, but was one of the worst situations. I don't think it should be allowed IMHO.