Worst Parent of a player you have ever witnessed

Once a pile up happened after a lose ball and one parent came done to fight the player and then a parent from the oppsing team intercepted him before he got there and he challenge him and the parent who came to fight went away running calling for help.

I know Brossart had a few doozies last season. They played at our place on a Saturday night and it was a very small crowd. One guy was very loud, and that happens at every game but I just about lost it at the end of the 1st quarter. I believe SK trailed by 2 and they had possession under the basket with a fraction of a 2nd left. The time keeper failed to start the clock once the ball was caught by Josh Hurd of SK. It took at least a second for Hurd to gather and put the ball up, it went in and was counted. Now one of the Mustang fans ran his mouth and the score keeper stood up and asked him if he could do a better job. The guy said yes and proceeded to make his way down to the floor. He then sat down at the desk. I know my face turned red, very embarrassing. The next thing you know the PA man is calling for the police officer, the officer, engaged in conversation didn't here until the PA man called the 2nd time. Nothing happened to the fan but it was quite funny from my perspective.

9th Region Class 'A' Tourney at Newport 1999. Holy Cross vs. Heritage. Star player for Heritage (who will remain nameless) gets into a shoving match with big stocky guy for Holy Cross. Daddy, Daddy, dear ole Daddy of star player for Heritage (who will remain nameless) jumps out of the stands and onto the floor like a mad man rushing over to come to the aid of his son. Let's see, pretty strongly built grown adult rushing the floor. What did he think that he was going to do, take out the 17 year old Holy Cross player? Anyhow, refs contained 'Dear ole Dad' and tossed him out of the gym. I can see a parent getting emotional about what he saw taking place on the floor, but to make the scene that he did was WAAAAYYYYY out of line. Does anybody remember the incident that I speak of ??? Remember, the star player for Heritage who was also the older brother of another star player for Heritage will remain nameless. ;)

Sometimes I just have to laugh at the way parents act. My favorite are the disgruntled parents about "little Johnny's" playing time. I wonder if they ever look back on how they acted and realize that they are only embarrassing their son/daughter, or if they feel they were always in the right?

9th Region Class 'A' Tourney at Newport 1999. Holy Cross vs. Heritage. Star player for Heritage (who will remain nameless) gets into a shoving match with big stocky guy for Holy Cross. Daddy, Daddy, dear ole Daddy of star player for Heritage (who will remain nameless) jumps out of the stands and onto the floor like a mad man rushing over to come to the aid of his son. Let's see, pretty strongly built grown adult rushing the floor. What did he think that he was going to do, take out the 17 year old Holy Cross player? Anyhow, refs contained 'Dear ole Dad' and tossed him out of the gym. I can see a parent getting emotional about what he saw taking place on the floor, but to make the scene that he did was WAAAAYYYYY out of line. Does anybody remember the incident that I speak of ??? Remember, the star player for Heritage who was also the older brother of another star player for Heritage will remain nameless. ;)

Didn't see this particular incident but I certainly know of who you speak and have witnessed other behavior out the above mentioned father and sons that should never be tolerated.

Sometimes I just have to laugh at the way parents act. My favorite are the disgruntled parents about "little Johnny's" playing time.
I wonder if they ever look back on how they acted and realize that they are only embarrassing their son/daughter, or if they feel they were always in the right?

:thumb: Nope, I doubt it..They are selfish and only care about them and theirs...If they only knew how foolish they look.

Sometimes I just have to laugh at the way parents act. My favorite are the disgruntled parents about "little Johnny's" playing time. I wonder if they ever look back on how they acted and realize that they are only embarrassing their son/daughter, or if they feel they were always in the right?

On the Heritage player... I think we can figure out who that was....

As a coach I had my first experience last week with a parent complaining about their son's playing time. My 5th grade team has gone undefeated 2 yrs in a row, we just win the championship on Saturday and the parents/players are all excited and it happened. I am putting the balls in the bag and a parent comes up to me and shakes my hand and with a smartellic look just looks me in the eye and tells me that he "wishes his son could have played more in the game". I smiled back, informed him that his son started the game, played 4 minutes and was not particularly who I wanted in there throughout the tight game. I needed ballhandlers and rebounders and his son did not posess those skills. I told him I was sorry he felt that way and have a great day as I walked on to greet other happy parents. The funny thing is that the boy played a lot during the year, started most games and because he wasnt as involved in the championship game I had hear that. Oh, and it didnt seem to bother his son as much as I watched him jumping up and down over the victory. Seems it hurts the parents more than the kids. Oh well, you gotta have tough skin to be a coach I guess.

Last summer, my child played in a summer league. Mother of a NKY player was yelling from the top of the bleachers. Referee who was the league director, blew the whistle, walked to the stands and called her down till she came. Gave her the whistle and told her to go out it.

When she was out of place, he let her know it. She saw how hard it was.

IT WAS GREAT. No comments to the officials rest of the summer.

On the Heritage player... I think we can figure out who that was....

As a coach I had my first experience last week with a parent complaining about their son's playing time. My 5th grade team has gone undefeated 2 yrs in a row, we just win the championship on Saturday and the parents/players are all excited and it happened. I am putting the balls in the bag and a parent comes up to me and shakes my hand and with a smartellic look just looks me in the eye and tells me that he "wishes his son could have played more in the game". I smiled back, informed him that his son started the game, played 4 minutes and was not particularly who I wanted in there throughout the tight game. I needed ballhandlers and rebounders and his son did not posess those skills. I told him I was sorry he felt that way and have a great day as I walked on to greet other happy parents. The funny thing is that the boy played a lot during the year, started most games and because he wasnt as involved in the championship game I had hear that. Oh, and it didnt seem to bother his son as much as I watched him jumping up and down over the victory. Seems it hurts the parents more than the kids. Oh well, you gotta have tough skin to be a coach I guess.

Limited hearing is a good way to describe it to.

I had a coaching friend tell me once that the best coaching job is at an orphanage.

The "Baby Boomer Generation" (of which I'm a member) has done a terrible injustice to our children..No one is allowed to correct little Johnny or Suzie anymore and the kids and grandkids we have are very difficult to coach. We have turned them all into little head cases. IMO.