Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Powell-Stringer who you got?

Featured Replies

Looks like NKY has been blessed with two stud sophomore running backs. Both have made a splash in the first three weeks. Both should be in the same backfield but that is a whole different story. Who do you think is better now and who will have a better three years of running the ball?

Looks like NKY has been blessed with two stud sophomore running backs. Both have made a splash in the first three weeks. Both should be in the same backfield but that is a whole different story. Who do you think is better now and who will have a better three years of running the ball?

 

I will say Powell. Just because Stringer's meal ticket is baseball. If I was a betting man I don't think Ethan will play football through his senior year. JMO

I've only watched Stringer play one game and it was at the frosh level where he simply was "too good."

 

Powell is really good and will have two more strong years. My guess is Stringer will do the same.

 

I'm sure it will be a nice debate on BGP over the next two seasons.

Powell has 7 touchdowns this year how many does Stringer have?

Wait a minute, what happened to the kid at Ryle that we read so much about during the summer and Jacob Smith of NCC who was listed among the top 8 runningbacks in NKY. I am sure there are others, but those are two that I can think of right off the top of my head.

As football tailbacks, I'd take Powell. He has speed and, as we all know, can't coach that. Stringer is good and will get better but will never be as quick/fast as Powell.

  • Author
Wait a minute, what happened to the kid at Ryle that we read so much about during the summer and Jacob Smith of NCC who was listed among the top 8 runningbacks in NKY. I am sure there are others, but those are two that I can think of right off the top of my head.

 

Neither have the numbers of Powell or Stringer. To be honest don't even know if the play varsity. I would assume Smith does due to NCC's numbers. As for this season they are not in the same class. Doesn't mean as they continue to mature that they couldn't leap frog them.

Neither have the numbers of Powell or Stringer. To be honest don't even know if the play varsity. I would assume Smith does due to NCC's numbers. As for this season they are not in the same class. Doesn't mean as they continue to mature that they couldn't leap frog them.

 

How can you say they are not in their class when you do not even know if they play varsity and a whopping total of 3 games have been played to date?

Smith is very good. I believe he is hurt though..

As football tailbacks, I'd take Powell. He has speed and, as we all know, can't coach that. Stringer is good and will get better but will never be as quick/fast as Powell.

 

As quick or quicker... maybe? Powell probably has that edge.

I am not so sure it is as cut and dry as you think ... ...

 

I certainly hope that Stringer is not as fast as Powell ... tying bricks to Stringers legs to slow him down probably won't go over very well at practice.

Pretty sure that Stringer ... in a straight line ... is as fast as anyone in NKY.

Keep in mind--I am the guy on this site who usually debunks the "4.4/4.5 legit forty time" knuckleheads ...

Havent seen stringer play this year, based on freshman years, stringer was much better. Lets not overlook powell plays behind a big offensive line and has played a few bad teams early. All of em would look like studs playing in hhs's offense. lets be honest, conner isnt know for their defense and holy cross hasn't been the same since 2011. What would smith or stringer do with that offensive line and competition. Like i said before, lets see what they look like as seniors. If powell is anything like his father, he will be a stud.

Powell scored on a legit X defense in their scrimmage.

  • Author
How can you say they are not in their class when you do not even know if they play varsity and a whopping total of 3 games have been played to date?

 

Well just like you said in your earlier post, "What happened to them". I have to believe if they were doing anything at all on the field close to what Powell and Stringer are doing the Ryle and NCC faithful would be beating their drum. It sounds pretty quiet to me. I haven't heard their names and to be honest I had forgotten about them. Hopefully they are not hurt like some mentioned in a earlier post. Like I said in my post, they are only sophomore. Plenty of years left to mature and get better. I wish them all the best.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.