Alan Jackson's Daughter Gets Arrested

Wireman

Who is Alan Jackson and why should I care if his daughter gets arrested ?

I was thinking the same thing. I'm assuming all of these quotes are from his songs?

I would have played the who am I card to anyone and everyone. Maybe if she waited for the judge he was not a Country fan. I just don't think she delivered it properly.

I think there is more to this story. Her bail is $35,000 ???? She must have been a real treat. Pretty sure poking a cop in the chest is not a good idea.

Yeah, and those guys are out on patrol writing tickets ... never?

Id love to see where I said that.

With that said, while its probably rare I actually know a police officer who is also a lawyer. He was out patrolling writing tickets less than a year ago.

Id love to see where I said that.

With that said, while its probably rare I actually know a police officer who is also a lawyer. He was out patrolling writing tickets less than a year ago.

Why? That seems like a waste of a law degree, or at least a waste of money spent pursuing such degree. Please put me in touch with him so I can ask him why he would pass up the $$$$ associated with the law profession to go out and be a patrolman, because there's nothing that makes sense about that.

But my point still stands. Other than your lone, inexplicable example, the only "cops" I've ever heard of that are lawyers are DAs. And again, they're not out writing tickets.

Why? That seems like a waste of a law degree, or at least a waste of money spent pursuing such degree. Please put me in touch with him so I can ask him why he would pass up the $$$$ associated with the law profession to go out and be a patrolman, because there's nothing that makes sense about that.

But my point still stands. Other than your lone, inexplicable example, the only "cops" I've ever heard of that are lawyers are DAs. And again, they're not out writing tickets.

Perhaps its something he wanted to do. Believe it or not it ain't all about money all the time. Also law enforcement experience and a law degree could be useful in the future as a defense attorney.

It's inexplicable to you...I don't think it's a big deal. The guy I know personally was a lawyer for a few years and wanted to try something different. He chose law enforcement. He doesn't practice anymore but he's still a licensed attorney.

I've heard of a few other people in law enforcement who obtained a law degree as well. I'd say its more common than you think. But you would never admit that.

Perhaps its something he wanted to do. Believe it or not it ain't all about money all the time. Also law enforcement experience and a law degree could be useful in the future as a defense attorney.

It's inexplicable to you...I don't think it's a big deal. The guy I know personally was a lawyer for a few years and wanted to try something different. He chose law enforcement. He doesn't practice anymore but he's still a licensed attorney.

I've heard of a few other people in law enforcement who obtained a law degree as well. I'd say its more common than you think. But you would never admit that.

Maybe it is, but I just don't see the point in taking that path to get there. Police work tends to be one of those jobs people know pretty early on they want to do, and in many cases it runs in families. If you knew all along you wanted to be a cop, why waste hundreds of thousands of dollars going to law school if you're not going to use it? Again, it just doesn't make sense.

Maybe it is, but I just don't see the point in taking that path to get there. Police work tends to be one of those jobs people know pretty early on they want to do, and in many cases it runs in families. If you knew all along you wanted to be a cop, why waste hundreds of thousands of dollars going to law school if you're not going to use it? Again, it just doesn't make sense.

I've already explained one reason why some people do it. And who says they're not going to use it? As far as I know they can still practice as a civil attorney and like I said before, law enforcement experience would certainly help as a defense attorney.

This will be my last post on this as we have gotten too far off topic.

An old TO told me once being a police officer is a front row seat to the greatest show on her earth. And it is. Ya certainly don't get into it for the money, but if you apply yourself, get on at the right place and have a good work ethic, you can make a pretty good living.