Heisman Predictions

JokersWild24

Who will win the 2013-2014 season Heisman trophy?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the 2013-2014 season Heisman trophy?

• Johnny Manziel
    • Braxton Miller
    • AJ McCarron
    • Jadeveon Clowney
    • Teddy Bridgewater
    • Marcus Mariota
    • Aaron Murray
    • TJ Yeldon
    • Marquise Lee
    • Other (Name in Comments)

UK fan and alum, but I really respect Teddy. I think the schedule and lack of national primetime games is going to hurt him. Also, being in the same region as Braxton Miller, who'll take some votes from him, will hurt.

I think the schedule will be an issue. Strong doesn't typically run the scores up on people, so Teddy's number might not be as inflated as they could be. And while UL had the big win against Florida, the national perception of Louisville still isn't one that harbors a Heisman winning QB, IMO.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd love for Teddy to win it. I just feel like the deck is stacked against him.

I not only feel like Teddy will win (or Braxton Miller), but I also think Teddy will be the first pick in the draft. I don't know which wretched team will have the worst record (Jags, Raiders, Jets, etc.), but none of them have a solution at QB at this point.

I not only feel like Teddy will win (or Braxton Miller), but I also think Teddy will be the first pick in the draft. I don't know which wretched team will have the worst record (Jags, Raiders, Jets, etc.), but none of them have a solution at QB at this point.

I look for the Jets to compete for worst record in the league this year. Teddy might want to invest in some cold weather gear. They look like a team who could use a QB, while the Raiders have Pryor and Matt Flynn, and the Jags might be reluctant to pass on someone like Clowney when they spent such a high pick on Gabbert. I do think that the Jags are a real possibility though considering they are under new ownership, Gabbert hasn't shown much so far, and they are probably going to have the kind of record that will put them in the discussion for drafting Teddy. I just don't know if the Jags would pass on Clowney to do so.

I look for the Jets to compete for worst record in the league this year. Teddy might want to invest in some cold weather gear. They look like a team who could use a QB, while the Raiders have Pryor and Matt Flynn, and the Jags might be reluctant to pass on someone like Clowney when they spent such a high pick on Gabbert. I do think that the Jags are a real possibility though considering they are under new ownership, Gabbert hasn't shown much so far, and they are probably going to have the kind of record that will put them in the discussion for drafting Teddy. I just don't know if the Jags would pass on Clowney to do so.

I'm fairly certain after a year with Pryor and Flynn, the Raiders will be in the QB Derby.

The problem is the expectations on Clowney are going to be so high due to the over-hyping from one play, that when he doesn't have 5 sacks and 7 TFL every game, the headlines will be "what is wrong with Clowney?" The kid is in a no-win situation and is stock will do nothing but slide all year.

It's Week 1 and a failed strategy by UNC in the hurry up, an ~2+ hour delay by lightning when SC was firmly in control, and a dominating performance of a nonconference rival by his team. It's early. I still don't think he's overhyped from "the hit". If nothing else, he will play himself into shape.

I still don't think he's overhyped from "the hit". If nothing else, he will play himself into shape.

On your first point, how can you not admit, regardless of how good he is / will be, that "the hit" has caused him to be over-hyped to near mythical levels? Without that singular play you think the nation would have talked about him all summer? With all due respect, that is crazy.

On the second point....please tell me you find that absurd. He has all summer and two-a-days to have himself prepared to play their home opener and he is woefully under-prepared and out of shape. "He'll play himself into shape?" He hasn't been rehabbing a blown knee all summer, why does he get a pass?

I had no idea who Clowney was before that hit...

He looked absolutely exhausted last night. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt on the heat... But did he do ANYTHING in the off season?

He was the #1 recruit in the nation coming out of high school as well.

On your first point, how can you not admit, regardless of how good he is / will be, that "the hit" has caused him to be over-hyped to near mythical levels? Without that singular play you think the nation would have talked about him all summer? With all due respect, that is crazy.

On the second point....please tell me you find that absurd. He has all summer and two-a-days to have himself prepared to play their home opener and he is woefully under-prepared and out of shape. "He'll play himself into shape?" He hasn't been rehabbing a blown knee all summer, why does he get a pass?

First point, fair & accurate.

Second point, he gets a pass for being out of shape because he was injured during the summer and couldn't practice (and thus get in real game shape). Plus, North Carolina's trying to force the tempo was a strategy to try and take him out of the game.

North Carolina's trying to force the tempo was a strategy to try and take him out of the game.

Okay.....he is also going to get game-planned against every week, chipped, chopped, cut, etc. That is the whole point I've been trying to make, even if he was in good shape and appearing to care, which he wasn't, it is going to be very difficult to have a great year statistically.