Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

George Zimmerman is found Not Guilty

Featured Replies

He was in the process of "walking home" when he began to be stalked by Zimmerman. No matter how you look at it, Zimmerman is the aggressor here, which is what is being ignored.

 

Zimmerman was the aggressor at first, then those long four minutes when GZ was going back to his truck and then Travon jumped GZ. Who is the aggressor now? You are acting like Travon did nothing wrong. He made some bad moves and unfortunately paid with his life.

  • Replies 363
  • Views 25.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

 

He didn't say, they always get away and "coon"?

 

No, pretty sure he didnt say coon. And the pic you posted is wrong too. Zimmerman's acquittal had nothing to do with stand your ground.

He was in the process of "walking home" when he began to be stalked by Zimmerman. No matter how you look at it, Zimmerman is the aggressor here, which is what is being ignored.

Initially, I can agree with this. GZ made a bad choice. However, you cannot ignore that Trayvon became the aggressor 3 or 4 minutes later. He made a bad decision too. Again, it is incredibly sad. I am not going to ignore that skin color played a role...because TM fit the profile description of what had been going on in the neighborhood. Is GZ a racist because of this? To this I say, no. IMO, I think he was just trying to be proactive.

Nobody won in this case. I truly feel bad for the parents and family of Trayvon Martin because they lost their child. No parent should ever have to bury their child. The verdict of not guilty of 2nd degree murder was correct based upon the evidence. Zimmerman was not found innocent in the death of Trayvon, he was found not guilty because he was found by the jury to be defending himself. There is a major difference between the two. Zimmerman should have stayed in his vehicle. He definitely racially profiled Trayvon Martin.

 

I do not understand why people and the media insist on calling Zimmerman a 'white hispanic'? If Zimmerman had a white mom and black dad, would people label him a 'white black' man?

 

Had Trayvon Martin had a white mom and a black dad, would the headline have said, "a 'white hispanic' man shot an unarmed 'white black' teenager?"

 

Semantics of calling Zimmerman a 'white hispanic' is what has driven this into a race issue. Looking at Zimmerman, he is very clearly a hispanic man.

 

Had the media called Zimmerman a hispanic man from the start, would their have been the racial division and outrage? I do not think so.

 

This case became a race issue because it was politically and financially (the media) advantageous to make this about race.

It's bothering me as well, but I'm attempting to temper my feelings and thoughts to stay as civilized as possible. And what's even more disturbing is the white people who don't want to get it, or even care to get it, but if roles were reversed they would totally understand.

 

The way I look at this, is we are having good conversation. I don't feel like we have been rude to each other. Its healthy discussion from both sides.

 

I'm not black, I'm actually the whitest white guy you'd ever see. I'm not even going to claim to "get it". But, I know as a fact that there are some minorities that don't "get it" either. IMO, some want to live under the illusion that whites are keeping them down. I just don't get that thought process. To me, that is more of an excuse than it is anything. And I would hope that if I were a minority that I would find this line of thinking as offensive as I do do being a white guy. AGAIN, I am not saying all minorities are like this...just some. And I know that there are some white people who are ignorant as can be that probably do want to "keep them down." This is sad, and I would hope that I would call this person out for what they are...ignorant.

Edited by Lucky Charms

Funny I saw just as much outrage when the black guy in New Jersey beat up the white mother in front of her kid about a month ago. That whole thing began on Facebook and it even took it a week before it made it to BGP. There was a nationwide hunt for that fella and I can't even begin to describe how that situation became on of the most racist events I have ever seen. The racial comments people made on Facebook about that sorry excuse of a human being were some of the saddest things I have ever seen in my life. I'm sure you had your head in the sand then. You probably don't have Facebook or never saw it until it was on here where for the most part BGP has sense. Tons of outrage about that situation.

 

You know why there isn't outrage when a black guy does something to the white guy? Because the black guy is arrested immediately and he's found guilty as charged. What is there to outrage about? Justice was served. Again.

Huge difference PP. no one was claiming racism in that NJ case which is exactly my point.

 

Where is the NCAAP screaming about civil rights violations in that case???

 

You actually proved my point by reminding me about that one. Thanks.

Unless you are black you will never understand. But regardless, in your mind you truly believe Zimmerman isn't guilty of anything? The case may not be as cut and dry as I "made it" but morally it is. At the end of the day if Zimmerman truly felt threatened he could have drove off and waited for the police but instead he wanted to be a vigilante and now an innocent child no longer walks the earth. A question for you: if the roles were absolutely reversed, honestly how would you feel and would the black shooter be arrested?

2 things and I won't go on further because I'm simply not versed enough in the facts to debate the minutiae. But you said above that you can't believe nothing happened to a mixed Hispanic-white man. That begs the question, is it the white part of Hispanic-white that makes you upset racially or would you feel the same if Zimmerman was 100% Hispanic? Secondly, I hate it for the family of both the shooter and the deceased. Lives forever changed at no fault of their own.

No, pretty sure he didnt say coon. And the pic you posted is wrong too. Zimmerman's acquittal had nothing to do with stand your ground.

 

But this is the type of information that is being passed around that black people see that fuels the outrage. Right or wrong this is what people see and causes reaction.

 

Never mind the Stand your Ground law. When you compare these two cases and see the outcome what are your thoughts?

Huge difference PP. no one was claiming racism in that NJ case which is exactly my point.

 

Where is the NCAAP screaming about civil rights violations in that case???

 

You actually proved my point by reminding me about that one. Thanks.

 

 

And once again white man misses the point. I'm going on my cruise now. See you in a week.

Race may have started it. But the reason Trayvon is dead isn't because of his race. Zimmerman is at fault for tracking after him. But if Trayvon wouldn't have come back, none of this would be going on...

And once again white man misses the point. I'm going on my cruise now. See you in a week.

 

 

Doggone whitey keeps missing the point....now send some more financial aid to Africa cause you suckas just don't get it.

I think what we are doing here is people are trying to paint GZ as a racist, when there isn't a lot to go on. Yes, he said, "These a-holes always get away." But what is overlooked is when he says that we have to take into account the events leading up to this event. Its not isolated, its a broader picture than just a Zimmerman phone call to 911 reporting a black male acting suspiciously. Not trying to really argue...cause I think we are saying the same thing just in two differing languages.

 

There is a difference between being "racist" and profiling. I've never once accused GZ of being racist.

Lastly, the reason GM was not guilty wasn't cause he was "white", it was because there wasn't any evidence to prove he wasn't protecting himself

Zimmerman was the aggressor at first, then those long four minutes when GZ was going back to his truck and then Travon jumped GZ. Who is the aggressor now? You are acting like Travon did nothing wrong. He made some bad moves and unfortunately paid with his life.

 

You can't start a situation, follow someone approach them and all and then think everything is supposed to be peahes and cream.

And for the record I hope the DoJ doesn't cave pressure and I hope they don't pursue charges against GZ.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.