July 14, 201313 yr Clyde, at no point did Zimmerman report a black male, until asked by the 911 operator. GZ's response, "He looks black." What am I missing here? Hellbird said that he wasn't profiled and said that GZ didn't know what color he was. He knew he was black. Do we have to hear him say "I called the police because the kid was black" to know that he called the police because the kid was black? No.
July 14, 201313 yr Getting ready to go to Mass, Going to pray for Martin's family. No one should ever have to bury a child. Going to pray for Zimmerman. His life is over. We all know that once the Jessie's and Al's of the world decide they can get their faces out in the public they don't care who they destroy to make a name for themselves. Their respect for the American system is only present when it enhances their agenda. Going to pray for the morons on social media who are making statements like the jurors should kill themselves, that Zimmerman is a dead man, etc. And finally I'm going to pray for America. This case is a classic illustration of just how divided we are and how there are people in power on both sides (although I would argue the left is much more guilty here) are using this tragedy to fuel their political agenda. What a hypocritical post. You're going to mass to do all that praying and in your last paragraph you speak of America being divided and then you cast blame to the left. You need to pray for yourself.
July 14, 201313 yr What am I missing here? Hellbird said that he wasn't profiled and said that GZ didn't know what color he was. He knew he was black. Do we have to hear him say "I called the police because the kid was black" to know that he called the police because the kid was black? No. Well, how he said, "He looks black." That's telling me he is not certain. It's not until Martin walked up to Zimmerman's vehicle that he could say with any certainty whether he was black for sure.
July 14, 201313 yr WOW I guess that all of us evil white people need to go out for a session of self-flagellation. I get real tired of self righteous people of any race who try to smugly show their moral superiority by decrying the sins of ALL (insert group here). I get real tired of white people who just don't get it but think they do.
July 14, 201313 yr Honestly I'm truly hurting inside. I know what it feels like to be racially profiled, and I can also entertain the thought that this could've been any of my family members, or even myself and to try to begin to comprehend that nothing happened in the court of law to a mixed Hispanic-white man who shot an unarmed black teen is truly baffling and evokes all types of feelings in my heart.
July 14, 201313 yr Getting ready to go to Mass, Going to pray for Martin's family. No one should ever have to bury a child. Going to pray for Zimmerman. His life is over. We all know that once the Jessie's and Al's of the world decide they can get their faces out in the public they don't care who they destroy to make a name for themselves. Their respect for the American system is only present when it enhances their agenda. Going to pray for the morons on social media who are making statements like the jurors should kill themselves, that Zimmerman is a dead man, etc. And finally I'm going to pray for America. This case is a classic illustration of just how divided we are and how there are people in power on both sides (although I would argue the left is much more guilty here) are using this tragedy to fuel their political agenda. Put in a good word for the Reds as well.
July 14, 201313 yr Honestly I'm truly hurting inside. I know what it feels like to be racially profiled, and I can also entertain the thought that this could've been any of my family members, or even myself and to try to begin to comprehend that nothing happened in the court of law to a mixed Hispanic-white man who shot an unarmed black teen is truly baffling and evokes all types of feelings in my heart. I don't claim to know the facts of this case like many here do AT. And I can tell you most assuredly I can't begin to understand how you've been profiled in the past. But I don't think this case, as I understand the facts, is as cut and dried as you make it. I have to wonder if Martin had been missed by GZ, merely grazed and not murdered, if the outcry would have been the same. Of course it wouldn't. However, I'd argue that it should if folks truly believe the stuff they are typing here.
July 14, 201313 yr I get real tired of white people who just don't get it but think they do. I get tired of everything involving a African American and another race always has to be a race thing. Where are all the same folks in an outrage when it's black on black or black on white crime? Why does it always have to be about race only when the victim is black and the suspect isn't?
July 14, 201313 yr What a hypocritical post. You're going to mass to do all that praying and in your last paragraph you speak of America being divided and then you cast blame to the left. You need to pray for yourself. Re-read my last sentence and then jump down off your high horse of moral superiority.
July 14, 201313 yr I don't claim to know the facts of this case like many here do AT. And I can tell you most assuredly I can't begin to understand how you've been profiled in the past. But I don't think this case, as I understand the facts, are as cut and dried as you make it. I have to wonder if Martin had been missed by GZ, merely grazed and not murdered, if the outcry would have been the same. Of course it wouldn't. However, I'd argue that it should if folks truly believe the stuff they are typing here. Unless you are black you will never understand. But regardless, in your mind you truly believe Zimmerman isn't guilty of anything? The case may not be as cut and dry as I "made it" but morally it is. At the end of the day if Zimmerman truly felt threatened he could have drove off and waited for the police but instead he wanted to be a vigilante and now an innocent child no longer walks the earth. A question for you: if the roles were absolutely reversed, honestly how would you feel and would the black shooter be arrested?
July 14, 201313 yr I get real tired of white people who just don't get it but think they do. If I replied with what I was really feeling I would be accused of racism so I won't other then to say if I made a blanket statement like this about blacks you would be the first one to jump back up on that moral superiority high horse and blast me. You called my a hypocrite in your last post aimed at me. I would suggest you look in a mirror.
July 14, 201313 yr I get tired of everything involving a African American and another race always has to be a race thing. Where are all the same folks in an outrage when it's black on black or black on white crime? Why does it always have to be about race only when the victim is black and the suspect isn't? Exactly Hellbird! The same folks over and over again stirring up the racial divide for their own monetary gain. That is what sickens me. 6 jurors, all women, found the defendant not guilty. They heard the testimony and know more than all of us on this board put together and that is the conclusion they came to. Sorry Rev. Al. Sorry MSNBC.
July 14, 201313 yr I get tired of everything involving a African American and another race always has to be a race thing. Where are all the same folks in an outrage when it's black on black or black on white crime? Why does it always have to be about race only when the victim is black and the suspect isn't? Funny I saw just as much outrage when the black guy in New Jersey beat up the white mother in front of her kid about a month ago. That whole thing began on Facebook and it even took it a week before it made it to BGP. There was a nationwide hunt for that fella and I can't even begin to describe how that situation became on of the most racist events I have ever seen. The racial comments people made on Facebook about that sorry excuse of a human being were some of the saddest things I have ever seen in my life. I'm sure you had your head in the sand then. You probably don't have Facebook or never saw it until it was on here where for the most part BGP has sense. Tons of outrage about that situation. You know why there isn't outrage when a black guy does something to the white guy? Because the black guy is arrested immediately and he's found guilty as charged. What is there to outrage about? Justice was served. Again.
July 14, 201313 yr Unless you are black you will never understand. But regardless, in your mind you truly believe Zimmerman isn't guilty of anything? The case may not be as cut and dry as I "made it" but morally it is. At the end of the day if Zimmerman truly felt threatened he could have drove off and waited for the police but instead he wanted to be a vigilante and now an innocent child no longer walks the earth. A question for you: if the roles were absolutely reversed, honestly how would you feel and would the black shooter be arrested? No it isn't. Would I do what Zimmerman did, no but that doesn't make it a crime. If bad decision making and judgement were a crime there would be no one outside of jails.
July 14, 201313 yr Exactly Hellbird! The same folks over and over again stirring up the racial divide for their own monetary gain. That is what sickens me. 6 jurors, all women, found the defendant not guilty. They heard the testimony and know more than all of us on this board put together and that is the conclusion they came to. Sorry Rev. Al. Sorry MSNBC. What sickens me is how most people are shooting down the fact that race absolutely played in part in this.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.