July 14, 201313 yr No, pretty sure he didnt say coon. And the pic you posted is wrong too. Zimmerman's acquittal had nothing to do with stand your ground. Well some of your companions are equally confused because they keep pointing out self defense which is outlined in the Stand out ground law. And go read the articles, they knew he said coin at first until the first trial.
July 14, 201313 yr Doggone whitey keeps missing the point....now send some more financial aid to Africa cause you suckas just don't get it. I was born in Texas. Why would I send aid to Africa?
July 14, 201313 yr Nobody won in this case. I truly feel bad for the parents and family of Trayvon Martin because they lost their child. No parent should ever have to bury their child. The verdict of not guilty of 2nd degree murder was correct based upon the evidence. Zimmerman was not found innocent in the death of Trayvon, he was found not guilty because he was found by the jury to be defending himself. There is a major difference between the two. Zimmerman should have stayed in his vehicle. He definitely racially profiled Trayvon Martin. I do not understand why people and the media insist on calling Zimmerman a 'white hispanic'? If Zimmerman had a white mom and black dad, would people label him a 'white black' man? Had Trayvon Martin had a white mom and a black dad, would the headline have said, "a 'white hispanic' man shot an unarmed 'white black' teenager?" Semantics of calling Zimmerman a 'white hispanic' is what has driven this into a race issue. Looking at Zimmerman, he is very clearly a hispanic man. Had the media called Zimmerman a hispanic man from the start, would their have been the racial division and outrage? I do not think so. This case became a race issue because it was politically and financially (the media) advantageous to make this about race. So it's k be ignored that his father is a former judge and powerful white politician?
July 14, 201313 yr I was born in Texas. Why would I send aid to Africa? Some blacks will never get it.
July 14, 201313 yr You can't start a situation, follow someone approach them and all and then think everything is supposed to be peahes and cream. And you can't bash a mans head against the sidewalk and then be surprised when he shoots you.
July 14, 201313 yr Some blacks will never get it. Possibly hard to decipher your Starsky and Hutch era lingo.:laugh:
July 14, 201313 yr Possibly hard to decipher your Starsky and Hutch era lingo.:laugh: Huggy Bear would dig it.
July 14, 201313 yr The way I look at this, is we are having good conversation. I don't feel like we have been rude to each other. Its healthy discussion from both sides. I'm not black, I'm actually the whitest white guy you'd ever see. I'm not even going to claim to "get it". But, I know as a fact that there are some minorities that don't "get it" either. IMO, some want to live under the illusion that whites are keeping them down. I just don't get that thought process. To me, that is more of an excuse than it is anything. And I would hope that if I were a minority that I would find this line of thinking as offensive as I do do being a white guy. AGAIN, I am not saying all minorities are like this...just some. And I know that there are some white people who are ignorant as can be that probably do want to "keep them down." This is sad, and I would hope that I would call this person out for what they are...ignorant. I respect this but at the same time there are so many instances in society to disprove your sentiment.
July 14, 201313 yr Details of the black woman who got 20 years in prison for shooting warnings shots to scare off her abusive husband. 20 years. This is why the black community doesn't see things the same way as many of us. Fla. mom gets 20 years for firing warning shots - CBS News
July 14, 201313 yr You can't start a situation, follow someone approach them and all and then think everything is supposed to be peahes and cream. Agree 2000%.
July 14, 201313 yr Saw this regarding the discussion around a civil rights violation: Yet in order for federal charges to be brought against Zimmerman, the Justice Department would need to establish that a hate crime was committed, a legal burden Holder has said in the past would be a challenge to meet. "For a federal hate crime we have to prove the highest standard in the law," Holder said in April 2012. "Something that was reckless, that was negligent does not meet that standard. We have to show that there was specific intent to do the crime with requisite state of mind." NAACP talking to Justice Department about Zimmerman case ? CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs
July 14, 201313 yr Some blacks will never get it. I know. As soon as you admit some whites will never get it then the conversation can begin to become productive.
July 14, 201313 yr A few thoughts... so, there is a series of burglaries in a neighborhood from young black men; GZ sees a young black man and profiles and calls the police. Profiling? You bet. GZ approaches TM, and takes the law into his own hands to investigate. Bad? You bet, from a number of reasons. They end their encounter. At this point, it should have been the end of a situation where GZ was certainly wrong. Then, TM decides that he's going to escalate things and comes back to confront GZ. That, in my view, is just as wrong as GZ's vigilantism in the first place. I take issue with any statements that TM was "innocent" because his coming back takes away any argument that he is innocent. And, TM was just as racist, with statements about GZ being a "creepy cracker." Which, I suspect, had something to do with TM coming back. The racist feelings were two-sided. The jury concludes (and there is dispute about what happened), but giving GZ the benefit of the doubt (since it is apparently the version the jury believed), that TM took the matter physical, and assaulted GZ, GZ is on the ground getting beaten, GZ is heard in the background of the phone calling for help, GZ fears for his life or fears like he's going to be severely injured, shoots TM, killing him. I am not going to condone the profiling because it cannot be condoned. I am not going to condone GZ's vigilantism, because it can't be condoned. But I'm not going to condone TM's coming back to a situation that was wrong to begin with, because it was over and done with and TM had no more business going back than GZ did with starting it, because that can't be condoned. But GZ didn't go out that day and decide to shoot TM because he was black. It is tragic that there was profiling. It is tragic that the event occurred -- it is tragic that a teenager lost his life. I know that we all make mistakes at 17, 18, or 19, without a real world view of the bigger picture. GZ's life is over -- he will never be able to live without fearing that someone will be out to kill him. It is tragic that the justice department decided that they were going to cause people to go down there and stir the pot and generate protests, making a legal issue into a very political event. I see everyone as victims in all of this. Edited July 14, 201313 yr by True blue (and gold)
July 14, 201313 yr And you can't bash a mans head against the sidewalk and then be surprised when he shoots you. You need to go check the medical reports sir.
July 14, 201313 yr Details of the black woman who got 20 years in prison for shooting warnings shots to scare off her abusive husband. 20 years. This is why the black community doesn't see things the same way as many of us. Fla. mom gets 20 years for firing warning shots - CBS News I respect you Clyde.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.