Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

George Zimmerman is found Not Guilty

Featured Replies

  • Replies 363
  • Views 25.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Didn't follow this at all but Facebook just lit up.

Regardless of your own opinion on the verdict, Zimmerman will still have to live with the fact that he killed a kid everyday for the rest of his life whether that action was just or not.

Too many amateur lawyers that don't know the legal system. All they see is a dead black kid with a white/Hispanic shooter, opinions are immediately formed. Unfortunately no matter what you say, you are considered a racist no matter which side your on... All I got to say is thank goodness people aren't tried in the court of public opinion. Still have the best legal system out there.

I'm neither here nor there on this trial, and haven't been from day one. I've not taken sides, but I can't help but wonder how GZ now goes on to live a normal life without dealing with objection from the general public every time he leaves his home.

 

Wonder if he's ever considered renting a pad somewhere in Scandinavia?

So, black kid shot by hispanic guy acquitted by white people. I've never followed this case to be honest.

I'm neither here nor there on this trial, and haven't been from day one. I've not taken sides, but I can't help but wonder how GZ now goes on to live a normal life without dealing with objection from the general public every time he leaves his home.

 

Wonder if he's ever considered renting a pad somewhere in Scandinavia?

 

 

Casey Anthony has even able to hide fairly well. But she wasn't as polarizing as this

So, black kid shot by hispanic guy acquitted by white people. I've never followed this case to be honest.

 

To be fair, both teams of lawyers said this was the best jury you could possibly get for a trial of this magnitude

#IfISeeZimmerman is trending on twitter and they are not pleasant comments...

 

It just shows to me just how stupid some people can be... Our justice system may not be perfect, but it still is the best the world has to offer. And based on the evidence that was presented by both sides, it appears the correct decision was made although we will probably never know the full details of the incident and what exactly happened.

I didn't follow this very closely, but based on what I have heard it seems to me the prosecution shot way too high going for murder. I believe if they had gone for manslaughter and in particular, involuntary manslaughter, from the start, Zimmerman would have been found guilty.

Prosecution overcharged from Day 1 and to me it bit them. I'm not sure they could've convicted him on manslaughter, but by over charging they didn't focus on the elements of manslaughter as much and it cost them any chance of a conviction in my opinion.

 

No winners here.

A few thoughts :

 

Jury got it right....but it still feels bad.

 

Key piece for me that showed it was self-defense was the fact that there was a span of about 4 minutes before the killing that Trayvon was not with GZ and could have left and nothing would have happened. He came back. We'll never know why and from someone who is not proud to say that has been in a few fights I can't criticize him for it. I sort of get why he came back. It's stupid but I still get it. Sadly it cost him his life and should be an example to all knuckleheads like me that it's simply not worth it if you're not truly defending yourself. Regardless, the fact he came back allowed the jury to look at this as self-defense.

 

GZ may have "won" but , in reality, his life will never be the same and never as good as it was prior to the killing. He profiled a kid who was walking home living the care-free life of a high school kid who's long-term vision is tomorrow. So for anyone to say race wasn't a factor in the incident is either being done out of pure ignorance or simply being obstinate. HOWEVER, the verdict had nothing to do with race NOR should it.

 

Lastly, you may not understand the sadness of or the lashing out by the black community but don't criticize. Even as a white male I get it. I heard a black woman tonight say that jury got it right by the law and the facts presented but STILL.... I get that and it saddens me. Yes, it's "better" than it was in 1968. It's better than it was when Emmett Till was killed and it's better than when it was in Mississippi in 1963 when Medgar Evers was killed. Everyone of all colors will agree with that. However, the black community still remembers those days because not only have they either lived it or heard about it they still see trace evidence of it today. They look at a 17 yr old black kid walking home talking to some girl on his phone being approached for no other reason than he is black and...they think "yeah it's better but it's still a problem" And they're 100% right. Again, you may not get it but at least show some empathy.

 

No one won today. A guy just didn't have to spend his life in prison.

Bottom line, the law sucks. You can stalk someone, start a fight, get your butt kicked and while that is happening kill the person you instigated the fight with. All the prior stuff is irrelevant legally in Florida (and Kentucky). The jury had to decide if he was defending himself from bodily harm or death. With no eye witnesses, really hard to say because no one really knows. Therefore, there is a highly likely chance that there is reasonable doubt. The jury could have thought Zimmerman was wrong in all the prior stuff, but the law only deals with self defense. People can blame the jurors and prosecutors, but the law failed the kid. This is so sad on many levels. Zimmerman was asking for a butt whippin' and got it, then killed the person he stalked and attacked. Something just isn't right there IMO. But until the law is changed and that should be the focus, not the jury, this will happen again. Regardless of what anyone thinks, a kid is dead and shouldn't be no matter who is at fault. So sad.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.