Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

George Zimmerman is found Not Guilty

Featured Replies

Prosecution overcharged from Day 1 and to me it bit them. I'm not sure they could've convicted him on manslaughter, but by over charging they didn't focus on the elements of manslaughter as much and it cost them any chance of a conviction in my opinion.

 

No winners here.

 

Seems like I read that manslaughter was still a problem if self-defense existed.

  • Replies 363
  • Views 25.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
A few thoughts :

 

Jury got it right....but it still feels bad.

 

Key piece for me that showed it was self-defense was the fact that there was a span of about 4 minutes before the killing that Trayvon was not with GZ and could have left and nothing would have happened. He came back. We'll never know why and from someone who is not proud to say that has been in a few fights I can't criticize him for it. I sort of get why he came back. It's stupid but I still get it. Sadly it cost him his life and should be an example to all knuckleheads like me that it's simply not worth it if you're not truly defending yourself. Regardless, the fact he came back allowed the jury to look at this as self-defense.

 

GZ may have "won" but , in reality, his life will never be the same and never as good as it was prior to the killing. He profiled a kid who was walking home living the care-free life of a high school kid who's long-term vision is tomorrow. So for anyone to say race wasn't a factor in the incident is either being done out of pure ignorance or simply being obstinate. HOWEVER, the verdict had nothing to do with race NOR should it.

 

Lastly, you may not understand the sadness of or the lashing out by the black community but don't criticize. Even as a white male I get it. I heard a black woman tonight say that jury got it right by the law and the facts presented but STILL.... I get that and it saddens me. Yes, it's "better" than it was in 1968. It's better than it was when Emmett Till was killed and it's better than when it was in Mississippi in 1963 when Medgar Evers was killed. Everyone of all colors will agree with that. However, the black community still remembers those days because not only have they either lived it or heard about it they still see trace evidence of it today. They look at a 17 yr old black kid walking home talking to some girl on his phone being approached for no other reason than he is black and...they think "yeah it's better but it's still a problem" And they're 100% right. Again, you may not get it but at least show some empathy.

 

No one won today. A guy just didn't have to spend his life in prison.

 

Read this post, white people. Then read it again. Then again. Your -- white people, that is -- cognitive dissonance when it comes to racial issues makes me want to hurl. I get real tired of white people who surround themselves with other white people asking "what's the ruckus?" while not bothering to look beyond the borders of their lily-white neighborhood.

 

Well done, Clyde.

Let the civil suit begin.

 

Any chance something actually turns out of this? Zimmerman's attorneys discussed this question from the press and seemed they would be pursuing some form of immunity for GZ in this event.

Any chance something actually turns out of this? Zimmerman's attorneys discussed this question from the press and seemed they would be pursuing some form of immunity for GZ in this event.

 

I didn't follow that "immunity" comment.

Any chance something actually turns out of this? Zimmerman's attorneys discussed this question from the press and seemed they would be pursuing some form of immunity for GZ in this event.

 

No such thing as immunity in the civil courts.

Bottom line' date=' the law sucks. You can stalk someone, start a fight, get your butt kicked and while that is happening kill the person you instigated the fight with. All the prior stuff is irrelevant legally in Florida (and Kentucky). The jury had to decide if he was defending himself from bodily harm or death. With no eye witnesses, really hard to say because no one really knows. Therefore, there is a highly likely chance that there is reasonable doubt. The jury could have thought Zimmerman was wrong in all the prior stuff, but the law only deals with self defense. People can blame the jurors and prosecutors, but the law failed the kid. This is so sad on many levels. Zimmerman was asking for a butt whippin' and got it, then killed the person he stalked and attacked. Something just isn't right there IMO. But until the law is changed and that should be the focus, not the jury, this will happen again. Regardless of what anyone thinks, a kid is dead and shouldn't be no matter who is at fault. So sad.[/quote']

 

There's no evidence Zimmerman started the fight

Without a person saying "I saw this person kill him" good luck convicting someone of murder in this country.

There's no evidence Zimmerman started the fight

 

Started the fight/instigated the incident ... what's the difference? Are you really going out of your way to defend this guy? Stick with real cops.

I didn't follow that "immunity" comment.

 

No such thing as immunity in the civil courts.

 

Yeah, I didn't know if it existed or not so I more or less assumed it was possible. Can't find the footage of the exact time he said it but here is one of the tweets discussing it when the reporters were interviewing the defense attorneys:

 

Martin family could file civil suit against Zimmerman but O'Mara says he will seek immunity if that happens: Dafna Linzer (@DafnaLinzer).

Read this post, white people. Then read it again. Then again. Your -- white people, that is -- cognitive dissonance when it comes to racial issues makes me want to hurl. I get real tired of white people who surround themselves with other white people asking "what's the ruckus?" while not bothering to look beyond the borders of their lily-white neighborhood.

 

Well done, Clyde.

 

I'm white and read it, but guess what, I wasn't born in the 60s, so I have no clue about what it was like and neither do a lot of other blacks who are wanting to cause problems. It is an excuse to riot and blame race.

It's not even news if GZ killed a white guy and not news if Obama don't open his mouth.

If TM had ran and not tried to be Billy Bad, he would be alive.

Yeah, I didn't know if it existed or not so I more or less assumed it was possible. Can't find the footage of the exact time he said it but here is one of the tweets discussing it when the reporters were interviewing the defense attorneys:

 

 

Didn't OJ get sued after he was let go? I have never heard of immunity in a civil action.

Started the fight/instigated the incident ... what's the difference? Are you really going out of your way to defend this guy? Stick with real cops.

 

TM is the cause of his own death.

 

Didn't OJ get sued after he was let go? I have never heard of immunity in a civil action.

 

He did and lost in civil court I'm almost certain.

 

Started the fight/instigated the incident ... what's the difference? Are you really going out of your way to defend this guy? Stick with real cops.

 

What are you talking about? I'm not defending anyone, much less going out of my way to do so.

 

What's the difference? If he started the fight I think he would have been convicted. There's absolutely not one shred of evidence of that though.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.