westsider has passed away

Oldbird

Very shocked and saddened to hear this news. He and I never met, but we sure sparred in the P&R forum over the years. The guy was very strong in his beliefs and values and I respect that. BGP will be less informed and not as well-rounded without him.

My prayers and thoughts to his girlfriend and family and may westsider be in the peace, light and love of the Lord.

Very, very sad. I too had the pleasure of getting to meet and know Joey. Heck of a fine fellow. Whenever I needed the skinny on a western Kentucky team playing in the state football championship for a game I'd be broadcasting, a simple e mail to Joey was all that was necessary for me to get more information than I could ever want. I could tell he put a lot of time and thought into the information he'd provided me. RIP Joey. Thoughts and prayers for his family and loved ones.

RIP Westsider, my thoughts and prayers are with your family and friends.

My hope is that he can now enjoy sporting events without time and travel constraints, from the KHSAA football championships in KY. to the World Cup in Brazil...

Although I didn't know him, I saw news of his death on facebook this morning when a friend of mine commented on that post. And now I come on here and see it's the same person I read about. It sure is a small world. Prayers go out to his family and friends.