Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

westsider has passed away

Featured Replies

He was a close personal friend and the voice of the Paducah Sun. No one knew or was as dedicated to sports in this part of Kentucky.

 

Oh, no. This is terrible news. I listen to Joey every week on the local radio show. His knowledge on sports in general, but in particular High School sports and MLB I put up there with anyone. He was such a great contributor to his trade and a loyal friend of BGP. Joey a.k.a. westsider will be missed deeply.

Actually I will go on and say that he knew more about HS Sports in Kentucky than anyone on BGP and would rival anyone across the state beyond BGP. He knew more than any other person I have ever met. He had such a great passion about it as well.

  • Replies 100
  • Views 16k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

RIP Westsider !!! Prayers to his family.

There are no words to express the shock that I feel right now over the loss of my friend. His knowledge of sports and his ability to craft it into words was paralleled by few and envied by many (myself included). Most of all, he had the respect of the coaches he covered and the writers he scooped on a regular basis. The press box will be a bit lonlier this year.

Hate to hear that. I always loved reading his posts on here.

Very sad to hear. Although I had never met him it seems like he was a great and knowledgeable guy. Prayers to his family and friends.

Goodness this is awful. I'm no media member but we became friends through a mutual friend and I spent many a nights on press row at the All A Classic talking with Joey (although rarely about the game in front of us). We've chatted often on Facebook about western Kentucky teams and he'd give me the truth about them, which I then echoed on BGP to make myself look smart. I will miss him so much.

So sorry to hear of his passing, will keep his family and friends in my prayers. The downside to BGP is that even though you may not have met someone, you come to think of other posters as friends and it hurts when we lose someone.

Prayers for his family and friends...such a loss and still so young.

Prayers for his family and friends. Joey was a very good man and will be missed. Just in shock.

Really shocked and saddened to hear this news this morning. I had the pleasure of meeting Joey at the Sweet 16 in 2011. Spindoc and I watched the whole tournament with him from press row. A great guy. RIP my friend:

Really shocked and saddened to hear this news this morning. I had the pleasure of meeting Joey at the Sweet 16 in 2011. Spindoc and I watched the whole tournament with him from press row. A great guy. RIP my friend:

 

He was simply amazing. He never forgets a thing. He remembers players, coaches, winners, losers from games years and years ago.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.