Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

westsider has passed away

Featured Replies

Sad to learn this morning that Joey Fosko HS beat writer for the Paducah Sun died of a heart attack. I think it is ok to disclose that Joey was a long time member and friend to BGP.

 

Big loss for KY hs sports. Prayers for his family and friends.

  • Replies 100
  • Views 16k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Huge shock to hear this. As soon as I saw this thread I was hoping it was a mistake. I had the pleasure of meeting Joey at the Sweet 16 2 years ago and caught up with him again this year. A sad day for BGP.

 

westsider hasn't been here on BGP as much as he had in the past but he was always a friend of BGP and he will be sorely missed not just on BGP but in life in general.

 

 

Rest in peace, Joey. You will be missed.

Oh man, that is terrible news. Joey was a really great guy, I have met him many times and consider him a good friend. I always looked forward to spending time with him at the football finals. This is a huge loss for KY high school sports, especially in WKY.

 

Joey was one of those guys who could really rub you the wrong way on a message board, but was a big teddy bear in person. Joey knew his stuff well and he wasn't afraid to speak his mind on here even if it ruffled feathers. But like I said, you could not pick a better guy to hang out with.

 

Prayers going up for Joey's family and friends. RIP my friend, you will be missed.

Oh wow. It's really hard for me to envision this site without him. There wasn't anyone's opinion on sports this side of the state that I trusted more. A terrible loss.

 

Echoing others, RIP and prayers for family and friends.

I hardly know what to say. I hate to hear the news. I only spoke to Joey a couple times since the sweet16, but never talked to him without asking about his health. And by all accounts he was in good shape. I first met Joey face to face after his bout with cancer. I never spoke with him without asking about it. I know he had a lifestyle change after that, and I never in a million years suspected that MI would be his fate. I absolutely hate it. I can't imagine watching the boys sweet16 not right beside him. I got to meet his gf and her kids there this year. I can say without hesitation, Joey was the most connected and one of the most respected HS authorities in our state and he will be sorely missed. KY HS sports has taken a hit, that's a fact, but more than that, I hate losing a good friend. RIP Joey Fosko. We never watched a game courtside that he wasn't streaming a soccer game keeping tabs on it, so where ever you may be Joey, I hope you've got a good seat watching a good soccer game right now.

Boy, I sure hate to hear this. crying-sad-waving-bye-smiley-emoticon.gif

Oh, no. This is terrible news. I listen to Joey every week on the local radio show. His knowledge on sports in general, but in particular High School sports and MLB I put up there with anyone. He was such a great contributor to his trade and a loyal friend of BGP. Joey a.k.a. westsider will be missed deeply.

I always caught up with Joey at the Sweet Sixteen. Very knowledgable about sports in general. I am beyond shocked. He will be missed.

He was a close personal friend and the voice of the Paducah Sun. No one knew or was as dedicated to sports in this part of Kentucky.

Terrible news.

May the road rise to meet you...RIP. Prayers to his family, girlfriend, friends, and all who mourn his passing.

This is terrible news. My prayers are with all of his friends and family.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.