Who Will Win the Console War?

Who wins?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't like the idea of the Xbox Kinect always being on and always watching watching what you are doing. Call me paranoid, but I don't need to be giving Big Brother a way to watch me in my own house.

I don't like the idea of the Xbox Kinect always being on and always watching watching what you are doing. Call me paranoid' date=' but I don't need to be giving Big Brother a way to watch me in my own house.[/quote']

Microsoft debunked that yesterday.

But they said it was true in their lease show.

Microsoft stresses that "you are in control of what Kinect can see and hear. By design, you will determine how responsive and personalized your Xbox One is to you and your family during setup. The system will navigate you through key privacy options, like automatic or manual sign in, privacy settings, and clear notifications about how data is used. When Xbox One is on and you’re simply having a conversation in your living room, your conversation is not being recorded or uploaded."

Players will also control whether Kinect is on, off or paused. "If you don’t want the Kinect sensor on while playing games or enjoying your entertainment, you can pause Kinect. To turn off your Xbox One, just say 'Xbox Off.' When the system is off, it’s only listening for the single voice command -- 'Xbox On,' and you can even turn that feature off too. Some apps and games may require Kinect functionality to operate, so you’ll need to turn it back on for these experiences."

Microsoft stresses that "you are in control of what Kinect can see and hear. By design, you will determine how responsive and personalized your Xbox One is to you and your family during setup. The system will navigate you through key privacy options, like automatic or manual sign in, privacy settings, and clear notifications about how data is used. When Xbox One is on and you’re simply having a conversation in your living room, your conversation is not being recorded or uploaded."

Players will also control whether Kinect is on, off or paused. "If you don’t want the Kinect sensor on while playing games or enjoying your entertainment, you can pause Kinect. To turn off your Xbox One, just say 'Xbox Off.' When the system is off, it’s only listening for the single voice command -- 'Xbox On,' and you can even turn that feature off too. Some apps and games may require Kinect functionality to operate, so you’ll need to turn it back on for these experiences."

That's all good, but ask Version customers about their phone habits

As far as the console war, the more I think about it I'd be very surprised if the PS4 doesn't have something almost identical to the Xbox One in terms of used game restrictions. They just haven't released the info yet, making Microsoft look like the bad guy. Ultimately I think both systems leave it up to publishers which is why both systems will have it implemented.