10 Best War Movies???

The addition of several scenes. None of them are particularly good or important to the story. If you can watch the movie and avoid the Redux version, you're better off.

Thanks!

Too late, I flicked back and forth during the Redlegs last night.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks!

Too late, I flicked back and forth during the Redlegs last night.

As long as you missed all the stuff at the French plantation, you're doing great. It was something like an extra 20 minutes or so and it's REALLY BORING.

Patton is probably my favorite, but I also like many others including Sands of Iowa Jima (ok spelling whatever), Seargent York, Kelly's Heroes, the Dirty Dozen, and another that may not be considered a war movie...War Horse. I really saw War Horse as one of those movies showing the harsh realities of war, and the changing landscape of technology and the war circa WW1.

Just saw that The Great Escape is on AMC, don't know if it was mentioned yet or not. Steve McQueen and James Garner are in it, McQueen is pretty cool in this movie. (Wait is saying Steve McQueen is cool, redundant?)

Speaking of McQueen, does "The Sand Pebbles" count as a war movie? It's not really about a specific war and there isn't much in the way of actual fighting in the film... but it does take place on an American gun boat in China in the 1920s as China was in the process of casting out the Western imperialist powers.

And it's a great, great movie.