Pentagon to prosecute soldiers who share Christian faith.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

“What does ‘As long as it does not make others uncomfortable’ mean?” executive director Ron Crews asked Fox News.

He said last year an Air Force officer was told he could no longer keep a Bible on his desk because it “may” appear that he was condoning a particular religion.

•READ: RELIGIOUS PROSELYTIZING IS NOT ALLOWED

“Air Force officers must be allowed to live out their faith in a way that is consistent with their faith,” Crews said. “If the Bible is important, then an Air Force officer should be able to have one on his desk.”

Rep. Louie Gohmert (R-TX) also took issue with the Air Force spokesperson’s use of the word ‘uncomfortable.’

“If that is the standard, then Christianity will be over because there will always be somebody who is uncomfortable no matter what someone’s belief is when it comes to Judeo-Christian beliefs,” he told Fox News. “It appears it is getting more and more difficult to be a Christian and serve in the military.”

Gohmert said it’s a different U.S. military under President Obama.

“Under President Obama’s military you are no longer allowed to share your faith,” he said – noting that the policy is putting Christians in a tough position. “Do you follow President Obama or do you follow God and the teachings of Jesus?”“That’s pretty tough when your commander in chief puts you on the horn for that dilemma,” he added.

The military has made many accommodations for Muslims by recruiting Muslim chaplains' date=' creating Muslim prayer spaces and educating other troops about Islam. Just the opposite for Christians.[/quote']

What you describe sounds like they made accommodations for Muslims equal to what they provide for Christians.

Has the Armed Forces provided:

Christian chapels-check

Christian and Catholic Chaplains, Jewish Rabbis-check

As for the education of troops about Islam, I think that is necessary considering it is not only a religious difference most Christians are undereducated about, but inextricably tied to cultural differences.

But the Christian provisions are being taken away.. Not so for the Muslims.

I thought this rule deals with "evangelization" rather than acts of prayer and worship. :idunno:

But the Christian provisions are being taken away.. Not so for the Muslims.

I don't see where Christian chapels or chaplains are being taken away. Just that there are limits on evangelizing. I would thing that as uncomfortable as you are with Islam and Muslims, you'd appreciate that Christians are being protected by the same provisions that PREVENT Muslims from evangelizing to Christians.

I don't see where Christian chapels or chaplains are being taken away. Just that there are limits on evangelizing. I would thing that as uncomfortable as you are with Islam and Muslims, you'd appreciate that Christians are being protected by the same provisions that PREVENT Muslims from evangelizing to Christians.
Not "uncomfortable" at all with Muslims evangelizing their faith.. Just their religions answer for those who don't accept it..