Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Wiggins.........

Featured Replies

I know it's gettin old. The kid is milkin it bigtime now.

  • Replies 522
  • Views 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I know it's gettin old. The kid is milkin it bigtime now.

 

Pat Patterson announced the last second he could. Personally don't understand the waiting.

Pat Patterson announced the last second he could. Personally don't understand the waiting.

 

If you are not sure why announce before you are sure?

Pat Patterson announced the last second he could. Personally don't understand the waiting.

 

Lots of free publicity I guess. At the end of the day, he isn't hurting himself by waiting. I don't think I'd want to wait because I'd be tired of being asked.

There's a lot of different rumors according to who's board you are reading. North Carolina's fans seem to think they have him in the bag due to comments made by certain sources or family members. Florida State feels he's theirs because of his parent's connection to their school. Kentucky fans can list multiple reasons why they are going to sign him. The only school on his list you don't here much chatter about is Kansas.

 

My personal feelings is he will end up at UK after going back and forth on his decision. He would be practicing against future NBA caliber players everyday. He seemed to have a good vibe with UK's recruits at the McDonald's game, and his host family in Huntington would have a short drive to Lexington to see him play his games. The last reason I believe is what will make the end decision for him.

 

But his coach said a couple of days ago that it would be the middle of May before he decided where he would attend. Got to wait another month.

 

 

According to mapquest that would save them about 8 hours of driving for each game and about 50 dollars as well, assuming their vehicle gets a modest 32 mpg highway.....

 

 

 

 

 

Can you tell I'm bored at work.

Lots of free publicity I guess. At the end of the day, he isn't hurting himself by waiting. I don't think I'd want to wait because I'd be tired of being asked.

 

The Twins, stated on TV tonight that they were glad they announced in the fall. Didn't have to deal with all the calls, social media, ect and could enjoy their senior year.

The way things change in sports these days, I would wait till the last minute to sign that letter.

The way things change in sports these days, I would wait till the last minute to sign that letter.

 

I can see your point on that too.

Maybe he wants to see all of the guys who declare for the draft or maybe he really just doesn't know. It'll happen when it happens.

The way things change in sports these days, I would wait till the last minute to sign that letter.

I would never sign a LOI.

I don't think he's waiting to see who's going to the draft because he's going to be a star wherever he is. I think he genuinely doesn't know. I think right now he is torn between appeasing his parents by going to FSU and Doug what he wants going to UK or UNC. I have a feeling he's going to narrow it down to 2 schools in the end FSU vs the rest and go from there. Can't blame the kid, he's still just 17, this is a fairly big decision to set him up for the future.

I don't think he's waiting to see who's going to the draft because he's going to be a star wherever he is. I think he genuinely doesn't know. I think right now he is torn between appeasing his parents by going to FSU and Doug what he wants going to UK or UNC. I have a feeling he's going to narrow it down to 2 schools in the end FSU vs the rest and go from there. Can't blame the kid, he's still just 17, this is a fairly big decision to set him up for the future.

 

I'm sorry but his parents can't see the forest for the trees. Only one of these places could potentially hurt his draft stock and that's FSU. Not likely but it is possible there if he struggles or if the team struggles. He can't make a bad choice out of UK, Kansas, or UNC, though each has their pluses and minuses. Going somewhere because your parents went there is among the most ignorant reasons to pick a college IMO.

Maybe he wants to see all of the guys who declare for the draft or maybe he really just doesn't know. It'll happen when it happens.

 

 

:thumb:

 

I'm kind of thinking he is waiting to see what McAdoo, Bullock, and those guys do. If they all come back I think he leans real hard toward UNC. If you think about it, it's best of both worlds. High profile program with a chance to win, but also the chance to still be the main man and get the spotlight. Hardcore fanbase, but not as hardcore as Kentucky. Maybe just being pessimistic but I think UNC is a real player, if those guys come back.

 

 

And like you said, he'll announce when he announces.

I'm sorry but his parents can't see the forest for the trees. Only one of these places could potentially hurt his draft stock and that's FSU. Not likely but it is possible there if he struggles or if the team struggles. He can't make a bad choice out of UK, Kansas, or UNC, though each has their pluses and minuses. Going somewhere because your parents went there is among the most ignorant reasons to pick a college IMO.

 

BINGO, you hit it right on the button. People say it doesn't make a difference where a top recruit goes and they'll still be a top pick, guess what, It does. Examples, Harrison Barnes (viewed as the second coming of Kobe out of high school, really hurt his draft stock at UNC) and easily Shabazz Muhammad, he was either going to be the #1 or #2 pick in the draft preseason, now he's more like 7-8. The situation you go to makes a HUGE difference, and you can be exposed, even if you're Andrew Wiggins.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.