Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Wiggins.........

Featured Replies

But after two college seasons, not one.
And so will Poythress. The difference being, in this draft Harrison Barnes would be a lock for a top 3 pick, maybe even first. And I guarantee he'd be in this draft as a freshman.
  • Replies 522
  • Views 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
And so will Poythress. The difference being, in this draft Harrison Barnes would be a lock for a top 3 pick, maybe even first. And I guarantee he'd be in this draft as a freshman.

 

As he should be/should have been. As I said earlier, Barnes was ranked higher & more was expected from him than Poythress.

OK... so haven't I been saying it's all relative?

I mean, here's a list of accolades and expectations for Alex Poythress coming in to 2012:

 

Preseason All-Freshman

Preseason 2nd team All-American

Preseason All-SEC

Was seen as a lottery pick in draft evaluations.

 

So, less decorated than Harrison Barnes, but let's not pretend that Poythress was seen as a project or something. Relatively speaking, he was just as big a flop.

While the bolded is true I'm going to say 99% of the guys Cal has sent to the pros were going there regardless of who they played their college ball for.

 

True, I guess I meant he is the best at getting them there fast and drafted low (or high whichever is better).

I mean, here's a list of accolades and expectations for Alex Poythress coming in to 2012:

 

Preseason All-Freshman

Preseason 2nd team All-American

Preseason All-SEC

Was seen as a lottery pick in draft evaluations.

 

So, less decorated than Harrison Barnes, but let's not pretend that Poythress was seen as a project or something. Relatively speaking, he was just as big a flop.

 

Yea he has been so far but the Barnes comparison works because you are comparing him to the TOP guys Cal has had. Wall, Cousins, Knight, MKG, Davis, Noel... all elite level recruits, all one year in college, all top 5 picks (besides Knight who went 7th).

OK... so haven't I been saying it's all relative?

 

You said if Poythress had gone to Duke, you thought he'd be on his way to the NBA. I don't believe that is true. I think it has little, if anything, to do with the school he attended & most to do with his inconsistent intensity.

 

I mean, here's a list of accolades and expectations for Alex Poythress coming in to 2012:

 

Preseason All-Freshman

Preseason 2nd team All-American

Preseason All-SEC

Was seen as a lottery pick in draft evaluations.

 

So, less decorated than Harrison Barnes, but let's not pretend that Poythress was seen as a project or something. Relatively speaking, he was just as big a flop.

 

Of the two players, Barnes would have been the one most likely pegged as a one-and-done. I don't disagree that Poythress had a lot of accolades coming in, but they don't compare to Barnes.

They were both pegged as one-and-done.

They were both pegged as one-and-done.

 

Barnes was pegged as the most elite player in his class, Poythress was obviously not tabbed as that kind of impact player.

They were both pegged as one-and-done.

 

I didn't say otherwise. I said Barnes was "most likely" one-and-done in comparison with Poythress.

They were both pegged as one-and-done.

 

You can be difficult if you want, but you know the guys I mentioned are much more comparable to Barnes. (and Wiggins)

Sounds like you watched the McDonald's All-Star game and brought over all of Jalen Rose's philosophy.......especially the part about playing with the best so you may not have your personal weakness exposed. Hope Wiggins was listening too!!

Supposed to meet with Roy next Monday...What a Shame that would be if he goes to UNC...

Supposed to meet with Roy next Monday...What a Shame that would be if he goes to

UNC...

 

One last plea from Roy to try to get him to change his mind about going to UK. Maryland did the same thing with the Harrison's.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.