Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Wiggins.........

Featured Replies

I'm under the belief that he is torn (probably between two schools) and doesn't want to let all of the other 3 schools down. That being said, I don't understand what could possibly be taking so long. I'm pretty anxious for the decision.

  • Replies 522
  • Views 77.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If someone is seeking the spotlight like LeBron as you claim, where is the overflow of media coverage with Wiggins talking to everyone?

 

Are we still implying it is his fault so many fans are hanging on every word he ISN'T speaking?

 

Silly...

 

Why the secrets then? Why would he take so long if he wasn't enjoying the spotlight? Another case of someone who is just playing the game. Nothing wrong with it, but someone who seriously didn't want to draw attention to themselves would have made a choice or at least narrowed down their options by now.

 

Wiggins saying he doesn't want or like attention leads to him getting more attention. Wiggins has become a household name more for his decision than his play. He's playing the game and you know it.

If someone is seeking the spotlight like LeBron as you claim, where is the overflow of media coverage with Wiggins talking to everyone?

 

Are we still implying it is his fault so many fans are hanging on every word he ISN'T speaking?

 

Silly...

 

Agreed.

 

I may get blasted for this but UK is okay without Wiggins. That may be why I haven't followed his recruitment as much as I followed Randles. You'd be crazy not to want a player like Wiggins, but I feel like with the class UK has coming in, he's the cherry on top of the ice cream. He turns what is probably the greatest recruiting class ever into the greatest class ever without a doubt.

 

I understand UNC, Kansas and FSU fans going crazy over this, but not UK fans. He would change the game for the other three programs. Not saying he wouldn't help UK, because he would, he would just help the other schools more. They need him more.

 

Also, he may have made a decision (I think he has). He may still be torn. It doesn't matter, he can drag it out as long as he likes, he doesn't need to announce to please a bunch of adults who are way to caught up in all of this. None of us are in his shoes. It's his life and he can decide and announce when he thinks the time is best.

Why the secrets then? Why would he take so long if he wasn't enjoying the spotlight? Another case of someone who is just playing the game. Nothing wrong with it, but someone who seriously didn't want to draw attention to themselves would have made a choice or at least narrowed down their options by now.

 

Wiggins saying he doesn't want or like attention leads to him getting more attention. Wiggins has become a household name more for his decision than his play. He's playing the game and you know it.

 

Secrets? What kind of made up gibberish is that?

 

It is taking "so long" for two primary reasons. 1) he didn't start the process until late because he was supposed to be in the 2014 class and by the time he decided to do his junior and senior year at a tough academic high school it was already time for his high school season to start. He had done zero thinking about his destination until just a few months ago when he started taking visits. 2) He hasn't made up his mind yet on where he wants to go. Mainly due to reason #1.

 

He's making his life decision on his timetable. He hasn't been in the spotlight because he isn't talking to the recruiting guys and playing this game for attention. He has been the quiet kid he has always been and staying behind the scenes.

 

Again. Silly...

It's just way too hard for people to believe he's not the typical egocentric prima donna.

Whatever.

 

It shouldn't be that hard to pick where you are going to play basketball at for one season. I don't care if he started the process late, allegedly doesn't like attention, blah blah blah. He's going to school for one year. 35 games. Pick a school and be done with it kiddo. It ain't rocket science. This one year of college basketball is such a small part of his life. Get it over with kid.

Whatever.

 

It shouldn't be that hard to pick where you are going to play basketball at for one season. I don't care if he started the process late, allegedly doesn't like attention, blah blah blah. He's going to school for one year. 35 games. Pick a school and be done with it kiddo. It ain't rocket science. This one year of college basketball is such a small part of his life. Get it over with kid.

If he comes to UK they better play more than 35 games!!! Can't go 40-0 playing 35 games :lol2:

I'm glad I'm not the only poor excuse for a UK fan who thinks Wiggins is loving this. For a kid who doesn't like the attention he is making it way harder than it has to be. It's one stinking year of basketball. It's not that serious. I guess next year he'll wait until the very last day of the deadline to decide if he wants to be the #1 pick in the NBA draft or not. Thank goodness he'll have to be drafted to the NBA and that it's no him picking his team. Holy crap.

Starks can you imagine him trying to pick between 30 teams. SHEESH

 

I don't know if he craves attention or not, but he's a game changer and it's

not going to matter where he goes. He will make that team MUCH better.

Whatever.

 

It shouldn't be that hard to pick where you are going to play basketball at for one season. I don't care if he started the process late, allegedly doesn't like attention, blah blah blah. He's going to school for one year. 35 games. Pick a school and be done with it kiddo. It ain't rocket science. This one year of college basketball is such a small part of his life. Get it over with kid.

Your just peeved that Duke ain't on the list.

Your just peeved that Duke ain't on the list.

 

 

:lol:

 

Naw. Not really. I don't care.

 

(18% voice) We don't need him anyways. We have Jabari Parker. No room for Wiggins. :lol:

 

 

 

 

For real though, he better not pick UNC.

Starks can you imagine him trying to pick between 30 teams. SHEESH

 

I don't know if he craves attention or not, but he's a game changer and it's

not going to matter where he goes. He will make that team MUCH better.

 

What a nightmare.

 

Yes he will. I just hope it's at UK.

I'm glad I'm not the only poor excuse for a UK fan who thinks Wiggins is loving this. For a kid who doesn't like the attention he is making it way harder than it has to be. It's one stinking year of basketball. It's not that serious. I guess next year he'll wait until the very last day of the deadline to decide if he wants to be the #1 pick in the NBA draft or not. Thank goodness he'll have to be drafted to the NBA and that it's no him picking his team. Holy crap.

 

I don't see how anyone can say its silly to feel like this. By not doing interviews Wiggins is getting more attention than if he was doing them in many capacities. If he doesn't like attention then he is the least worldly and realistic person on earth because he has created more of a fuss than necessary.

 

I'm sorry I'm not buying the hates attention crap. His decision isn't hard any of the four are good and all provided different challenges and advantages. You mean to tell me he never thought about a school until a few months ago?

Agreed.

 

I may get blasted for this but UK is okay without Wiggins. That may be why I haven't followed his recruitment as much as I followed Randles. You'd be crazy not to want a player like Wiggins, but I feel like with the class UK has coming in, he's the cherry on top of the ice cream. He turns what is probably the greatest recruiting class ever into the greatest class ever without a doubt.

 

I understand UNC, Kansas and FSU fans going crazy over this, but not UK fans. He would change the game for the other three programs. Not saying he wouldn't help UK, because he would, he would just help the other schools more. They need him more.

 

Also, he may have made a decision (I think he has). He may still be torn. It doesn't matter, he can drag it out as long as he likes, he doesn't need to announce to please a bunch of adults who are way to caught up in all of this. None of us are in his shoes. It's his life and he can decide and announce when he thinks the time is best.

 

Randle is player I wanted the most out of this class. I agree with you if we get Wiggins OK, if not UK will still have a outstanding class. The other schools need him more than UK does.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.