Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Wiggins.........

Featured Replies

I don't see how anyone can say its silly to feel like this. By not doing interviews Wiggins is getting more attention than if he was doing them in many capacities. If he doesn't like attention then he is the least worldly and realistic person on earth because he has created more of a fuss than necessary.

 

I'm sorry I'm not buying the hates attention crap. His decision isn't hard any of the four are good and all provided different challenges and advantages. You mean to tell me he never thought about a school until a few months ago?

 

 

Exactly. What kid that good hasn't thought about where he'd like to play?

  • Replies 522
  • Views 77.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

 

Exactly. What kid that good hasn't thought about where he'd like to play?

 

Just how it goes with the high profile guys. After Wiggins thinks about where he wants to go, then his parents think about where they want to place him, then his caretakers think about where they want him a decision is reached. Takes time.

If he was holding weekly press conferences or giving weekly interviews or even leading teams and the media on via Twitter I would buy into the prima donna thing. But for the most part he has been quiet about his recruiting except where pressed by the media to answer a question. I'll give him a pass, it seems everyone else is trying to make something out of his recruitment, while he just goes through the process.

If he was holding weekly press conferences or giving weekly interviews or even leading teams and the media on via Twitter I would buy into the prima donna thing. But for the most part he has been quiet about his recruiting except where pressed by the media to answer a question. I'll give him a pass, it seems everyone else is trying to make something out of his recruitment, while he just goes through the process.

I agree. The only people being dramatic about the situation are those who can't stand the wait. In turn they create these odd scenarios and arguments as to why one has not announced their decision yet. Wiggins is an 18 year old kid. I think people often forget that when they discuss high school kids... they are still just kids. Gifted at their trade and large, but still kids who are every bit as fickle as they were when they were that same age. But we expect them to have a different mindset on life because they are talented at a sport.

If he was holding weekly press conferences or giving weekly interviews or even leading teams and the media on via Twitter I would buy into the prima donna thing. But for the most part he has been quiet about his recruiting except where pressed by the media to answer a question. I'll give him a pass, it seems everyone else is trying to make something out of his recruitment, while he just goes through the process.

 

Yeah don't know why people can't understand that kid is just different. Because of past recruits and their attention seeking, Wiggins gets labled as such. Kids just different, he's not like those guys. He's just your normal average teen who doesn't want to fool with this process just like you or I may dread having to develop a project for work or having to study for a final. He's Just quiet, respectful, reserved, shy, whatever you want to call it. If he did not have to go through this process he probably wouldn't, if somebody else could make the decision for him I'm sure he'd be cool with that as well. In short, he just doesn't really even want to fool with it, but he has to. He's just a normal teen who would rather be playing Xbox or hanging out instead of trying to be a grown up and make grown up decisions. He just so happens to be great at basketball.

 

So just ease up on the kid, he will come to a decision when he is ready to come to a decision.

I agree. The only people being dramatic about the situation are those who can't stand the wait. In turn they create these odd scenarios and arguments as to why one has not announced their decision yet. Wiggins is an 18 year old kid. I think people often forget that when they discuss high school kids... they are still just kids. Gifted at their trade and large, but still kids who are every bit as fickle as they were when they were that same age. But we expect them to have a different mindset on life because they are talented at a sport.

 

:thumb:

"All commend patience, but none can endure to suffer." -- Thomas Fuller

 

I agree. The only people being dramatic about the situation are those who can't stand the wait. In turn they create these odd scenarios and arguments as to why one has not announced their decision yet. Wiggins is an 18 year old kid. I think people often forget that when they discuss high school kids... they are still just kids. Gifted at their trade and large, but still kids who are every bit as fickle as they were when they were that same age. But we expect them to have a different mindset on life because they are talented at a sport.

Most intelligent post in the thread.

Matt Jones feels Wiggins father doesn't want him at UK, probably gonna work for Wiggins but didn't for the Harrison's thankfully.

I agree. The only people being dramatic about the situation are those who can't stand the wait. In turn they create these odd scenarios and arguments as to why one has not announced their decision yet. Wiggins is an 18 year old kid. I think people often forget that when they discuss high school kids... they are still just kids. Gifted at their trade and large, but still kids who are every bit as fickle as they were when they were that same age. But we expect them to have a different mindset on life because they are talented at a sport.

:thumb: Good post, your first comment says it all.

Yeah don't know why people can't understand that kid is just different. Because of past recruits and their attention seeking, Wiggins gets labled as such. Kids just different, he's not like those guys. He's just your normal average teen who doesn't want to fool with this process just like you or I may dread having to develop a project for work or having to study for a final. He's Just quiet, respectful, reserved, shy, whatever you want to call it. If he did not have to go through this process he probably wouldn't, if somebody else could make the decision for him I'm sure he'd be cool with that as well. In short, he just doesn't really even want to fool with it, but he has to. He's just a normal teen who would rather be playing Xbox or hanging out instead of trying to be a grown up and make grown up decisions. He just so happens to be great at basketball.

 

So just ease up on the kid, he will come to a decision when he is ready to come to a decision.

:thumb: I agree with this one as well.

Wiggins will make his decision when he feels it's right for him and at the time that he decides to make it. I am fine with that, am as much of a U.K. basketball fan as anyone one here and I would love to see him pick U.K. as well. Frankly, with Cal's tack record of one and dones then imo Wiggins would be crazy not to. That decision is up to Wiggins and his family.

Believe it or not Kentucky basketball will survive regardless if Wiggins choose another school or comes to U.K.. I get the impression that some on bgp are living and dying with the kids decision. I will be very happy should he announce that he is comng to U.K. I also will not lose one bit of sleep should he choose another school. I honestly think that I will live through it and the sun might even rise on the morning after his decision.

 

Besides...my 3rd cousin on my mothers 2nd cousin father in law side of the family overheard Wiggins telling his great uncle's ghost that he was going to FSU, so it has to be true. :sneaky: and you can write that down :thumb:.....well, maybe. :idunno:

Besides...my 3rd cousin on my mothers 2nd cousin father in law side of the family overheard Wiggins telling his great uncle's ghost that he was going to FSU, so it has to be true. :sneaky: and you can write that down :thumb:.....well, maybe. :idunno:

 

Sadly thats about as solid as everything else that has been coming out lately.

If he was holding weekly press conferences or giving weekly interviews or even leading teams and the media on via Twitter I would buy into the prima donna thing. But for the most part he has been quiet about his recruiting except where pressed by the media to answer a question. I'll give him a pass, it seems everyone else is trying to make something out of his recruitment, while he just goes through the process.

 

I agree. The only people being dramatic about the situation are those who can't stand the wait. In turn they create these odd scenarios and arguments as to why one has not announced their decision yet. Wiggins is an 18 year old kid. I think people often forget that when they discuss high school kids... they are still just kids. Gifted at their trade and large, but still kids who are every bit as fickle as they were when they were that same age. But we expect them to have a different mindset on life because they are talented at a sport.

 

Both spot on!!!!!:thumb:

A lot of rumblings on both premium UNC Rivals & Scout boards that Wiggins to UNC. They are saying it could be known as early as tomorrow. I know there aren't many insiders in this recruitment but maybe Gametime or Spindoc can add their input. Any truth to this?

I have a player that is having a hard time deciding where to sign to play. Granted he is nothing like Wiggins but he is a kid just like him. It is a hard decision for some to decide where they want to play.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.