Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Wiggins.........

Featured Replies

A lot of rumblings on both premium UNC Rivals & Scout boards that Wiggins to UNC. They are saying it could be known as early as tomorrow. I know there aren't many insiders in this recruitment but maybe Gametime or Spindoc can add their input. Any truth to this?

 

Matt Jones supposedly stated on KSR today (I haven't listened yet) that a source tells him Wiggins will go to Kansas. I believe it's the same source that told him Randle would go to UK. Of course, Jones then stated he felt like Wiggins would go to UNC.

 

I honestly don't believe anyone at this point. I don't know that I can recall a more tight-lipped camp than the Wiggins camp.

  • Replies 522
  • Views 77.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Matt Jones supposedly stated on KSR today (I haven't listened yet) that a source tells him Wiggins will go to Kansas. I believe it's the same source that told him Randle would go to UK. Of course, Jones then stated he felt like Wiggins would go to UNC.

 

I honestly don't believe anyone at this point. I don't know that I can recall a more tight-lipped camp than the Wiggins camp.

 

I've been telling you guys for at least a year this one was going to be impossible to "guess". Even the major national guys are sitting back and waiting for decision day because they have never been dialed in at the usual level. There isn't a "leak" and none of the staffs involved have a clue as to how this will end. That is the simple but hard to grasp part of this. There are no leaks. A decision hasn't been made and a whole lot of people are trying to look smart guessing which fuels this silly "fan" backlash...

I've been telling you guys for at least a year this one was going to be impossible to "guess". Even the major national guys are sitting back and waiting for decision day because they have never been dialed in at the usual level. There isn't a "leak" and none of the staffs involved have a clue as to how this will end. That is the simple but hard to grasp part of this. There are no leaks. A decision hasn't been made and a whole lot of people are trying to look smart guessing which fuels this silly "fan" backlash...

 

And there we go. :thumb:

A lot of rumblings on both premium UNC Rivals & Scout boards that Wiggins to UNC. They are saying it could be known as early as tomorrow. I know there aren't many insiders in this recruitment but maybe Gametime or Spindoc can add their input. Any truth to this?

How many times have UNC insiders said this? Three? Four?

Blah, blah, blah.....it's just laughable at this point.

 

"He's just a kid"

 

"All command patience but none can endure to suffer" Who the hell is Thomas Fuller?

 

"He's just a different kind of kid"

 

 

What. Ever. Poor kid. UK, Kansas, UNC, FSU.

 

 

What should I do? I'm going to be there one year and I want to make sure I pick the right place. Hell, he'd even enjoy his one year at FSU even though basketball is the #4 sport at the school.

 

Sorry. I don't feel sorry for the kid.

Blah, blah, blah.....it's just laughable at this point.

 

"He's just a kid"

 

"All command patience but none can endure to suffer" Who the hell is Thomas Fuller?

 

"He's just a different kind of kid"

 

What. Ever. Poor kid. UK, Kansas, UNC, FSU.

 

What should I do? I'm going to be there one year and I want to make sure I pick the right place. Hell, he'd even enjoy his one year at FSU even though basketball is the #4 sport at the school.

 

Sorry. I don't feel sorry for the kid.

 

Tell us how you really feel.

Blah, blah, blah.....it's just laughable at this point.

 

"He's just a kid"

 

"All command patience but none can endure to suffer" Who the hell is Thomas Fuller?

 

"He's just a different kind of kid"

 

 

What. Ever. Poor kid. UK, Kansas, UNC, FSU.

 

 

What should I do? I'm going to be there one year and I want to make sure I pick the right place. Hell, he'd even enjoy his one year at FSU even though basketball is the #4 sport at the school.

 

Sorry. I don't feel sorry for the kid.

 

Who said he wanted someone to feel sorry for him?

 

I amazed at the backlash he gets for taking his time to pick a school. He is not on TV all the time. He is staying away trying to decide. I spent over a year trying to decide if I wanted to apply for a job that was coming open. I think he can spend a while to decide his future.

Randy when did Pat Paterson announce? I know it was like the last day you could at that time.

 

I think May 16th.

Who said he wanted someone to feel sorry for him?

 

I amazed at the backlash he gets for taking his time to pick a school. He is not on TV all the time. He is staying away trying to decide. I spent over a year trying to decide if I wanted to apply for a job that was coming open. I think he can spend a while to decide his future.

 

Your situation and his doesn't compare. I'd hope that you'd take all the time necessary and needed to make a career decision. This kid is in college for one year of his hopefully long and prosperous life. He may not ever graduate from college. It's one year. One year that will mean very very little in his life. It's not that serious.

Your situation and his doesn't compare. I'd hope that you'd take all the time necessary and needed to make a career decision. This kid is in college for one year of his hopefully long and prosperous life. He may not ever graduate from college. It's one year. One year that will mean very very little in his life. It's not that serious.

 

I know he is a cant miss prospect but there have been players that hurt their stock by the school they attend. It maybe only a year but he needs to decide which school and coach will better prepare him for the NBA.

I think May 16th.
Thanks. The Wiggins announcement or lack there of so far reminds me of Pat's.
Blah, blah, blah.....it's just laughable at this point.

 

"He's just a kid"

 

"All command patience but none can endure to suffer" Who the hell is Thomas Fuller?

 

"He's just a different kind of kid"

 

 

What. Ever. Poor kid. UK, Kansas, UNC, FSU.

 

 

What should I do? I'm going to be there one year and I want to make sure I pick the right place. Hell, he'd even enjoy his one year at FSU even though basketball is the #4 sport at the school.

 

Sorry. I don't feel sorry for the kid.

You might be arguing your point with someone else off this board if anyone is looking to draw out sympathy for Wiggins. I am not seeing any calls for that but maybe you inferred it somewhere along the way but I am not seeing it. The kid has basically stayed muted through the whole process and fan bases are screaming for an answer as if he owes it to them. People are turning his silence in to some kind of jaded indictment because he yet to announce his decision, whether he has made it or not. And since he has remained silent you get the people saying, "Oh, we don't need a guy like that. He is just concerned with himself and is a prima donna." Bologna. Basically fan bases are saying, "we do not want this guy because he has kept his recruitment silent and has not announced yet." I liken it to your wife or girlfriend giving their husband or boyfriend the silent treatment. You have no idea what is stewing in her mind but only negative thoughts occupy your brain.

 

Wiggins is doing what most Americans do with their taxes. They know what they owe, but wait until the last day to file :D

You might be arguing your point with someone else off this board if anyone is looking to draw out sympathy for Wiggins. I am not seeing any calls for that but maybe you inferred it somewhere along the way but I am not seeing it. The kid has basically stayed muted through the whole process and fan bases are screaming for an answer as if he owes it to them. People are turning his silence in to some kind of jaded indictment because he yet to announce his decision, whether he has made it or not. And since he has remained silent you get the people saying, "Oh, we don't need a guy like that. He is just concerned with himself and is a prima donna." Bologna. Basically fan bases are saying, "we do not want this guy because he has kept his recruitment silent and has not announced yet." I liken it to your wife or girlfriend giving their husband or boyfriend the silent treatment. You have no idea what is stewing in her mind but only negative thoughts occupy your brain.

 

Wiggins is doing what most Americans do with their taxes. They know what they owe, but wait until the last day to file :D

 

That's a fair analogy. I, uh, waited until 4/14/13 to file mine. No argument there.

Wiggins is doing what most Americans do with their taxes. They know what they owe, but wait until the last day to file :D

 

Great analogy! This process isn't something he has been enjoying, instead it has been the opposite. It's something to dread, so why should it be any different for him than it is us putting off some of the things we dread doing?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.