Is Tebow Showing His True Feelings ?

Clyde

I freely admit you raised a good point and one to consider.

I considered it and saw a difference. To me it's a clear and simple difference.

It's like me sitting in a Catholic church for years despite not fully agreeing with everything said by the Pastor or the church itself. I'm a member and look at a bigger picture than particular quotes/beliefs. Taken as a whole, I support the church despite its issues (and there are plenty). I look at the POTUS as the same. He's a member of the church. Supports the church even though the pastor is a bit radical.

Tebow isn't a member of this guy's church. He's going there as a guest. Unless he is going there to tell the man where he's wrong (and he won't do that IMO) then he is implying that he supports the beliefs.

Simple difference to me.

He's being paid to go there and speak. You have no clue as to what he's going to discuss. So anyone who is ever paid for a speaking engagement must share the same beliefs as those who contract them? That's the most absurd think I've ever heard.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's like me sitting in a Catholic church for years despite not fully agreeing with everything said by the Pastor or the church itself. I'm a member and look at a bigger picture than particular quotes/beliefs. Taken as a whole, I support the church despite its issues (and there are plenty). I look at the POTUS as the same. He's a member of the church. Supports the church even though the pastor is a bit radical.

Tebow isn't a member of this guy's church. He's going there as a guest. Unless he is going there to tell the man where he's wrong (and he won't do that IMO) then he is implying that he supports the beliefs.

Simple difference to me.

Which is why I would not accept the speaking invitation if I'm Tebow.

But by the same token, there's no way I'm going to be a member of a church where I have very sharp differences with their theology and/or beliefs.

Simple difference to me.

What if he goes, gives a message of love and of Christ saved is the only way to Heaven? Then what will you say? He's a chicken for not denouncing this man's beliefs?

What if he goes, gives a message of love and of Christ saved is the only way to Heaven? Then what will you say? He's a chicken for not denouncing this man's beliefs?

That'll mean he agrees with Jeffress. Even though President Obama was a member of Rev. Wright's church and never denounced his anti-American rhetoric until it was politically advantageous to do so....But President Obama gets a pass. :lol:

Seriously, is there anyone that really believes Tebow would turn down any opportunity to share his message of Christ's love, regardless of the audience? I would venture his whole goal is to spread his message to as many people as possible, regardless of their beliefs.

Does anyone seriously think he'd turn down a speaking engagement for a Catholic church/group if asked to share his story/message?

He's being paid to go there and speak. You have no clue as to what he's going to discuss. So anyone who is ever paid for a speaking engagement must share the same beliefs as those who contract them? That's the most absurd think I've ever heard.

You state the obvious that I'm not 100% for sure what he will discuss. I'm willing to bet though that it's his standard fare speech he gives at a church. He is NOT going to go in and criticize the guy's views on Catholics (heck, he might agree on that one), gays, Muslims, Jews, and Mormons. No chance.

So when you associate yourself with an extremist as a guest and you do not challenge that guest's beliefs you open yourself to criticism. We saw it with candidate Obama. We then have to look at other factors to see if we're on the right path. Tebow's family is anti-Catholic. There's a strong chance Tim Tebow is as well. He is now going to speak at a place that is also anti-Catholic.

Seems like an easy jump to make in an assumption.

Which is why I would not accept the speaking invitation if I'm Tebow.

But by the same token, there's no way I'm going to be a member of a church where I have very sharp differences with their theology and/or beliefs.

Define "very sharp."

I will think there are parts that he believes as well.

^If Tebow really believed that Catholicism is a satanic cult, as 75 mentioned, there's no chance he would have ever dated a Catholic girl. None.

As you probably know there are millions of people raised Catholic who no longer are Catholic. We know nothing about this young lady other than she fit the profile of being a celebrity and high-profile.

You state the obvious that I'm not 100% for sure what he will discuss. I'm willing to bet though that it's his standard fare speech he gives at a church. He is NOT going to go in and criticize the guy's views on Catholics (heck, he might agree on that one), gays, Muslims, Jews, and Mormons. No chance.

So when you associate yourself with an extremist as a guest and you do not challenge that guest's beliefs you open yourself to criticism. We saw it with candidate Obama. We then have to look at other factors to see if we're on the right path. Tebow's family is anti-Catholic. There's a strong chance Tim Tebow is as well. He is now going to speak at a place that is also anti-Catholic.

Seems like an easy jump to make in an assumption.

I didn't realize people weren't allowed to have differing views than their family. My parents believe gay marriage is wrong, I guess that must mean I feel the same way, since we aren't capable of forming any beliefs for ourselves.

I didn't realize people weren't allowed to have differing views than their family. My parents believe gay marriage is wrong, I guess that must mean I feel the same way, since we aren't capable of forming any beliefs for ourselves.

Again, supposition on my part which should have been evident by "strong chance." Pay attention.

As you probably know there are millions of people raised Catholic who no longer are Catholic. We know nothing about this young lady other than she fit the profile of being a celebrity and high-profile.

And if he really thought it was a satanic cult, there's no chance he'd ever date someone who was ever associated with it. Zero.