Nerlens Noel tears ACL; done for the season.

Original Rookie

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What's the chance he comes back? I'm not sure what his family situation is or how badly he needs the money. Maybe he wants a REAL shot at a national championship with that group that's coming in next year.

Wouldn't surprise me either which way. Now if he were to stay would that push Cauley-Stein to go ahead and go... I dunno just hope Noel has a good surgery and can start rehabbing as soon as possible. Hopefully come 2016 we can see him and AD protecting the rim for Team USA in the Olympics.

Another way I started to look at his draft status earlier was although he's hurt he still has a real good chance of keeping his stock pretty high. I know he's likely out of the first few picks regardless but I think he can still stay pretty high on the board (if he doesn't already) even though he won't lace up for the rest of the year. My thinking is NBA guys like him already because of his defense and rebounding. BUT once they see what this Kentucky team looks like without him, it will show them how important he really was to this team. Nerlens turns heads with his d, but most of his work is the type of stuff that doesn't show up in the stat book. I may eat my words and be wrong but I'm not totally buying the concept of this team hitting a switch and getting on a role thanks to the whole win for nerlens type of deal. I hope that happens, but we have saw what this team looks like when he goes out of the game, it should be clear how valuable Nerlens is once the rest of this season plays out. Once they see what kind of difference he made and the impact he had, they are still going to want a guy like that on their teams, even with the injuries.

Here's just to hoping he makes a solid recovery and goes on to achieve the things he's capable of!

Edited by dolamite

Another way I started to look at his draft status earlier was although he's hurt he still has a real good chance of keeping his stock pretty high. I know he's likely out of the first few picks regardless but I think he can still stay pretty high on the board (if he doesn't already) even though he won't lace up for the rest of the year. My thinking is NBA guys like him already because of his defense and rebounding. BUT once they see what this Kentucky team looks like without him, it will show them how important he really was to this team. Nerlens turns heads with his d, but most of his work is the type of stuff that doesn't show up in the stat book. I may eat my words and be wrong but I'm not totally buying the concept of this team hitting a switch and getting on a role thanks to the whole win for nerlens type of deal. I hope that happens, but we have saw what this team looks like when he goes out of the game, it should be clear how valuable Nerlens is once the rest of this season plays out. Once they see what kind of difference he made and the impact he had, they are still going to want a guy like that on their teams, even with the injuries.

Here's just to hoping he makes a solid recovery and goes on to achieve the things he's capable of!

See what I mean vern?

A few more performances like the one we are seeing in Knoxville right now and Nerlens shoots back to the top slot. Super obvious what kind of impact he made and the difference in not having him out there.....