Nerlens Noel tears ACL; done for the season.

Original Rookie

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Where did you see this info oh his knee? I was listening to College Sports Radio and it was stated that his X-Rays were negative and they either were having an MRI done or were waiting on info from the MRI. That was about 2:45pm this afternoon.

Nevermind, I was just sent info from UK's athletic site stating torn ACL, out for year.

If this UK team had a heart and soul, Noel was it. I always liked his effort and determination this season. Lord only knows what UK does from this point forward. Best of luck but I hope the Cats don't turn into, say, Gerogia. I'm hoping the players step up.

If this UK team had a heart and soul, Noel was it. I always liked his effort and determination this season. Lord only knows what UK does from this point forward. Best of luck but I hope the Cats don't turn into, say, Gerogia. I'm hoping the players step up.

It's like Cal said at the press conference, Nerlens got hurt busting his butt back on an effort play. That's about the worst thing about it - he got hurt because he was trying so hard and couldn't stop in time.

I don't remember what game it was but didn't Noel have a little scare and go down for a little bit? I remember he was hobbling around right after for a few trips up and down the court. I wouldn’t be surprised if he slightly tore it a little in that game and didn't realize it, then had a full tear last night. I feel like that happens and goes undiagnosed.

I feel like I remember it happening twice (not sure if it was the same knee) and the last time was only a couple of games ago. I don't really think there is any way to know if this theory is true, but it wouldn’t surprise me at all if it was.

I was talking about this right after it happened. He had two falls that I remember where I thought he was hurt bad then. He had a brace on that knee already so I'm thinking it must have already been slightly tore or stretched out pretty good. Hate to see it.