Should Jadeveon Clowney sit out the 2013 football season?

theguru

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's your definition of under-sized? 6-6' date=' 270 for a DE really isn't under-sized at all. On that note, this is the reason I was really opposed to him sitting out this year, teams begin to question his commitment and then after that will follow more concerns involving his consistency when he's playing. Not going to lie though, if you're a GM with the attitude "anyone who takes him 1st is insane." And you need a DE you would probably be fired. He has by far the most potential of any defensive player I've ever seen. The only way they'd let you get out of that is if your team is set on DE's, which the Giants kind of are. Don't think Clowney would be a good fit there. But again, the draft is all about potential, as is every pro sports draft. You're drafting the player that can hopefully be the face of your franchise in the top 10, and Clowney is by far the leading candidate. Even with his issues right now, I couldn't justify taking one of the QB's over him in the draft unless you're the Jaguars.[/quote']

If you think the Giants are set at DE you haven't been paying attention. Tuck will likely be gone next year. JPP isn't the same JPP from two years ago and Kiwanuka hasn't done much either.

Heard an interesting report over the weekend. Evidently at least one NFL GM, who requested anonymity, has stated that Anthony Barr is gaining on Clowney for the #1 overall spot. He was quoted as saying "Clowney is better when he wants to play, but Barr plays all the time." Indicating that the perception is growing that Clowney takes plays, and games, off.