RESPECT - Find out what it means to me

I'm still trying to figure out why his thread was started. Conner is getting plenty of recognition after playing 19 games already. I've yet to see where anyone claims that they aren't... Am I missing it somewhere?

Conner's girls program is respected and acknowledged by everyone not in Ft. Thomas.

Edited by jolmstead

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Conner's girls program is respected and acknowledged by everyone not in Park Hills or Ft. Thomas.

Ft Thomas? Who?

I think the two Ft Thomas posters have said they are a good team. But we hear the Conner folks on multiple media outlets (and outside talk) saying how good they are and they deserve respect. Not just on here. Maybe it's because they had been overshadowed in their district the last couple years. I don't have a Twitter account, but I do hear there's a lot of talk on there. We know they are good!

I think triple sevens outlined why folks would have questions and he's not from either place! I would have to think that's where it's coming from, not necessarily his feelings, but I think he is saying what others are talking about.

Its not an attack on Conner, I think it would make for nice discussion if someone "in the know" had some stats, facts, schedule, etc to add. As one poster said, if we are talking about them, they must be good. Are they tested? Not sure, but they will be able to prove themselves soon enough.

And if I'm not mistaken, you're the guy that said the 9th region teams are about to get their bubble burst by Simon Kenton...on a different thread.

Ft Thomas? Who?

I think the two Ft Thomas posters have said they are a good team. But we hear the Conner folks on multiple media outlets (and outside talk) saying how good they are and they deserve respect. Not just on here. Maybe it's because they had been overshadowed in their district the last couple years. I don't have a Twitter account, but I do hear there's a lot of talk on there. We know they are good!

I think triple sevens outlined why folks would have questions and he's not from either place! I would have to think that's where it's coming from, not necessarily his feelings, but I think he is saying what others are talking about.

Its not an attack on Conner, I think it would make for nice discussion if someone "in the know" had some stats, facts, schedule, etc to add. As one poster said, if we are talking about them, they must be good. Are they tested? Not sure, but they will be able to prove themselves soon enough.

And if I'm not mistaken, you're the guy that said the 9th region teams are about to get their bubble burst by Simon Kenton...on a different thread.

You nailed it with the bolded script. I may have been misunderstood. In my post about Conner's 5 best opponents, I only offered an explanation as to why some people might still be skeptical. I was proving why some might be skeptical, NOT why Conner doesnt deserve recognition. I think Conner is getting recognition. I think the level of recognition they are getting is equal to the body of work they have done so far, but it must not be enough for some. Having top twenty rankings without one game or win against a top twenty team so far seems like pretty generous recognition. Time to relax and be happy. Conner's chance for more will come VS. Highlands, SK and ND.

Sorry, but I'm still confused about the purpose of this thread. Was is started because Conner is getting too much respect, or not enough? And from who? Seems like everyone on here respects these young ladies and the local media is giving them a fair amount of recognition/respect.

Look, I'm from Hebron and I don't feel there is any disrespect from anyone. There's always going to be parents from other teams that think their daughter's team is better than the school that's ranked higher; it's just the nature of the sport, especially girls basketball.

Any of the top 5 teams could beat each other on any given night depending on injuries and matchups. We're getting into the meat of the season and I'm looking forward to some quality basketball! I'm sure the debate will continue, but it will all be resolved soon. In the meantime, let's start a thread on another school. How about Highlands?! :thumb:

Sorry, but I'm still confused about the purpose of this thread. Was is started because Conner is getting too much respect, or not enough? And from who? Seems like everyone on here respects these young ladies and the local media is giving them a fair amount of recognition/respect.

Look, I'm from Hebron and I don't feel there is any disrespect from anyone. There's always going to be parents from other teams that think their daughter's team is better than the school that's ranked higher; it's just the nature of the sport, especially girls basketball.

Any of the top 5 teams could beat each other on any given night depending on injuries and matchups. We're getting into the meat of the season and I'm looking forward to some quality basketball! I'm sure the debate will continue, but it will all be resolved soon. In the meantime, let's start a thread on another school. How about Highlands?! :thumb:

:laugh:

Respect is givin to those who play a tough schedule, if you're good you seek out other good teams out of the area to play, maybe Conner didnt respect itself when the schedule was made. The weak out if area schedule it put together leaves a lot to be desired. I found the overall records for the opponents of teams and strength of schedule for some of the areas best teams.

Conner 150-142 SOS 9.9

ND 132-83 SOS 21.5

Highlands 192-120 SOS 19.6

Ncc 190-111 SOS 18.1

SK 158-129 SOS 9

Brossart 157-140 SOS 10.2

Holy Cross 119-113 SOS 9.6

Boone Co 160-101 SOS 21.2

Ryle 143-94 SOS 17.3

Looks to me like the teams that play the toughest schedules (out of area) seem to be getting the most respect, win or lose. Conner has a really nice team but until they take on the best they will struggle to gain respect. It is what it is, perception is everything.

Not really impressed with the out of area schedule of St Patrick, Trimble Co, Tates Creek, Madison Southern, Harrison Co. Australian National Team, Lawrenceburg IN and McNicholas OH. They need to beef it up to get the respect some are asking for. Again Conner has a nice team and are well coached but until they play, win or lose, the best true respect will be hard to get.

Easy now, the Highlands coach has already been blessed with a thread.

We can't talk about them if it's all good!!! Just kidding.

I think the two HHS posters on here are critical enough of HHS! Go back and read some of our posts! We tell ya when they do good and we tell ya when they played bad. HHS can be a frustrating team to be a fan of. One night they look like they can contend for a state championship and the next makes me think they may not get out of their district. I'm sure if the HHS coaches read some of our posts, they would have some questions for us! And by the way, we always give credit to the other team, even in a loss!!

I'll start the HHS conversation and you all can jump in, but I'm sure outside of one other poster on here, I've seen more of their games than anyone on here and there won't be anyone more critical than sweeperboy or myself. And unlike some on here (not the Conner folks), we actually like to hear the feedback. We are good in football, our bball needs some work!

I was kidding about switching to a Highlands thread. I just thought it would give a few of you a laugh!

Honestly, as a parent, I don't like to see "barber-shop talk" like this because it puts a lot of un-needed pressure on these young ladies (including my daughter). Although coaches ban the girls from reading sites like BGP, I know they hear what's being posted.

I do enjoy reading the game summaries and respect the opinions of most of you on here.