RESPECT - Find out what it means to me

Well, there has been alot of debate about the queen of NKY basketball and CVGWHEATS says that every poll know to man is dissin the Lady Cougars.

As RCC9 has stated, "show us the numbers, the schedule strength etc and Conner will get some respect...

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Conner is a very good team, top 5 in region 9 for the second year in a row. They get at you on both ends and coach Stamm is becoming one of the top coaches in the region. IMO Jordan Scott is a player of the year candidate in the 9th. Also IMO opinion Conner needs to focus on beating Boone, Ryle and Cooper, get top seed and win the district and then focus on the 9th.

Conner is a very good team, top 5 in region 9 for the second year in a row. They get at you on both ends and coach Stamm is becoming one of the top coaches in the region. IMO Jordan Scott is a player of the year candidate in the 9th. Also IMO opinion Conner needs to focus on beating Boone, Ryle and Cooper, get top seed and win the district and then focus on the 9th.

Junk, you are just makin way too much sense...

CVG, others and myself just think that Conner is much better than their current ranking and they deserve some respect from the sports writers and people on this blog.

They are ranked in the top 20 in the state, 3rd in one poll and 1st in another in the region, this is about those who say they are not worthy of that recognition.

Agreed. I just think some out in Hebron are tired of taking a backseat to names like ND, Highlands, NewCath and others.

Conner is a really good bb team and they have some outstanding athletes and as you stated they should stay focused on winning their next game. :thumb:

Two good wins: Boone and NCC. (No clue how good bad McNick is)

Problem is that there aren't a lot of strong 9th region teams this year so unless you play a tough non-9th schedule then you don't have a tough schedule.

We all agree Conner is good. I lean towards NDA at #1. Conner gets HHS on the 19th so that will give us a better idea.

Two good wins: Boone and NCC. (No clue how good bad McNick is)

Problem is that there aren't a lot of strong 9th region teams this year so unless you play a tough non-9th schedule then you don't have a tough schedule.

We all agree Conner is good. I lean towards NDA at #1. Conner gets HHS on the 19th so that will give us a better idea.[/quote

Actually 17 good wins in the grand scheme of things. 9th is certainly questionable but wins are wins.

Conner and Highlands should be a dandy on Sat...

Question...what are the 5 toughest games on Conners schedule? Here is my pick in the order they play them on the schedule.

Gallatin Co, PRP, Highlands, SK, ND - They are 0-2 so far with 3 still to play.

If you had to go to the 9 toughest opponents I would add the 2 NCC and the 2 Boone games - They are 2 - 2 so far in this group.

I probably made some folks mad bringing this up and pointing this out, but I don't mean to. I am bringing it up because I think it is why some folks are still a little skeptical. Conner will get their chances with Highlands, SK and ND coming up.

I believe in the two loses they were without a key post player so they were not full strength, also I was told that Scott fouled out of the Gallatin game with 3 minutes to go. They lost by six and believe were in the game into the final minute. I would like to see them play Gallatin and PRP with Meyers.

I find it facinating that so many people are trying to build cases and make comments that they do not deserve recognition. Must mean they have a lot of people worried! Keep feeding the fire in these girls and give them the fuel to do what some say they can't.

WTF... As someone said they are No. 1 in one poll (nkyfan.com) and No. 3 in another (NKY COACHES poll in the Enquirer) .. it has nothing to do with sportswriters... nkyfan.com is sportswriters and the Enquirer poll once again is COACHES ...

I'm still trying to figure out why his thread was started. Conner is getting plenty of recognition after playing 19 games already. I've yet to see where anyone claims that they aren't... Am I missing it somewhere?

Conner is rated high. In another thread someone asked "based on what?" That's the purpose of this thread.