RESPECT - Find out what it means to me

Clyde,

I don't disagree, but the point being: who is it that isn't "respecting" them?

Not me Rich. I think Conner is fantastic and I have never once questioned their schedule, where they are ranked in the polls, their coaching, etc, etc.

I started the thread because of another debate going on in the ND vs BC thread. I didnt want to steal any thunder from ND on their great season so I started this thread in an effort not to threadjack theirs.

Heck, I thought I was doing Conner a favor by starting this thread and the general consensus do not want to debate or discuss their season so far, I find that odd imo.

Plus, as RCC9 has stated we have our own issues and problems to deal with at Highlands let alone worry about other programs.

I personally don't know why the Conner posters are having such a fit about this thread, I say when people talk about ya then you are pretty good and they respect you and that should be a good thing. Its when they don't talk about ya is the time one should start worrying because you are not a threat to anyone.

I'am all for a Highlands thread and press...:thumb:

And with winning comes scrutiny, questions and pressure. That is part of the game, boys or girls...

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not me Rich. I think Conner is fantastic and I have never once questioned their schedule, where they are ranked in the polls, their coaching, etc, etc.

I started the thread because of another debate going on in the ND vs BC thread. I didnt want to steal any thunder from ND on their great season so I started this thread in an effort not to threadjack theirs.

Heck, I thought I was doing Conner a favor by starting this thread and the general consensus do not want to debate or discuss their season so far, I find that odd imo.

Plus, as RCC9 has stated we have our own issues and problems to deal with at Highlands let alone worry about other programs.

I personally don't know why the Conner posters are having such a fit about this thread, I say when people talk about ya then you are pretty good and they respect you and that should be a good thing. Its when they don't talk about ya is the time one should start worrying because you are not a threat to anyone.

And with winning comes scrutiny, questions and pressure. That is part of the game, boys or girls...

:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

I'm still trying to figure out who's throwing a fit?

Invented....gives some fodder for Conner to say they are being disrespected, although they haven't been.

They absolutely need to make the Region tournament this year. They haven't done that for a while and have the talent and coaches in place to do so....

Conner has had a spectacular season at 17-2 I don't care what people say about their schedule they have played great team basketball. They did beat NCC and Boone which are both quality teams IMO yes they lost to Gallatin Co and PRP two more quality teams and they were without Meyers. These girls have worked hard this year and right now are just focused on getting out of the 33rd district..Go Lady Cougars

In some earlier threads, some folks, including myself, have questioned Conner's strength of schedule, argued at that time that they haven't really faced a high qualtiy team yet and built a case that there wasn't a real strong case yet to confidently put them in the state top twenty and those same folks were accused of disrespect. In my opinion, it is not disrespecting them, but some Conner fans on here took it that way. I think that is where the "Conner being disrespected" stuff has come from. It was simply from those who took offense and responded to others who questioned Conner in the way explained above. I don't think anyone is scared, as some have accused, nor is any one wishing Conner bad. I think it was just some, that were not emotionally involved in Conner's team, stating that they were more patient to believe the hype until Conner was able to prove themselves further against stronger competition. History has shown that teams can get a lot of wins during the regular season against not as hard competition, only to lose against tougher teams or in tournament time. That being true, why is it disrecpectful to question what Conner will do against stronger teams? I think it is ok and par for the course. I dont disrespect Conner, I hope they keep winning, but until they play stronger teams, they haven't really proved much, or done anything to make some outside their program say WOW Conner is the real deal! If they played, let's say a state top ten team and won, I think that would turn some heads. Until then, why should anyone respond the way some Conner fans seem to want others to respond?As far as I am copncerned, your record doesnt seperate you. Who you play and beat does. If they beat Highlands, SK and ND, then they are well on their way and I will be sure to congratulate, acknowledge and uh.....show "respect". :thumb:

There's no winning a discussion like this. I can pick any team in NKY and pick out flaws in there schuedule. High schools graduate players, injuries happen, and kids move.So how does anyone expect a high school coach to know who's going to be good a year from now. Ryle last year was a top 20 team in the state. This year Ryle is struggling to stay in the top 10 NKY coaches poll.

The issue is with the same haters from about a month ago criticizing CHS on weak sch. Only difference is this time around the Boone, and New Cath fans aren't posting.