Elijah Pittman (Holmes- JUCO- Marshall) Updates

Walter

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

EP dropped 20 yesterday on UK in his return home. Also had a couple nice dunks.

To be honest he didn't play that well. His outside shooting was really poor.

Often times he had Archie G on him but couldn't take advantage of the size difference.

He was OK at best.

To be honest he didn't play that well. His outside shooting was really poor.

Often times he had Archie G on him but couldn't take advantage of the size difference.

He was OK at best.

I felt he forced some shot from outside. He did some of the same things against UC last week as well. He was rebounding really well at the beginning of the year as well and now doesn't go in the paint unless he has to.

I was surprised he was on Goodwin. Expected him to be matched up with Wiltjer or Poythress majority of the game. Had he went in the paint more against Goodwin, he would've had a field day.

Playing bad and still getting 20 isn't a bad day at the office. Definetly needs to work on shot selection...I agree with that.

I felt he forced some shot from outside. He did some of the same things against UC last week as well. He was rebounding really well at the beginning of the year as well and now doesn't go in the paint unless he has to.

I was surprised he was on Goodwin. Expected him to be matched up with Wiltjer or Poythress majority of the game. Had he went in the paint more against Goodwin, he would've had a field day.

Playing bad and still getting 20 isn't a bad day at the office. Definetly needs to work on shot selection...I agree with that.

He could have had 30. He doesn't fight for position, and doesn't fill the lane on fast breaks. He had Mayes on him a couple of times and either didn't recognize the mismatch or didn't care to go down low. He has it physically, his bball IQ is going to cost him millions.

• 2 weeks later...
Elijah had 17 in a 53-51 loss to Delaware St tonight.

I was there. He was solid at the FT line, had a nice dunk in transition and a meaningless putback dunk as time expired, but I have to say, I just saw the worst college basketball game that has ever been played. Awful. After 30 minutes of play, Marshall had 31 points. Pittman was the best offensive player on the floor and he wasn't very good tonight. Kane didn't play and they stunk. Manning started at PG, no offensive threat whatsoever. Took 2 three point attempts I believe, after missing them, passed on every other opportunity. He did guard well however. This is the worst Marshall team I've seen in several years. Terrible.

I believe there were at least 9 shot clock violations. A result of ugly offense more than solid D.

I was there. He was solid at the FT line, had a nice dunk in transition and a meaningless putback dunk as time expired, but I have to say, I just saw the worst college basketball game that has ever been played. Awful. After 30 minutes of play, Marshall had 31 points. Pittman was the best offensive player on the floor and he wasn't very good tonight. Kane didn't play and they stunk. Manning started at PG, no offensive threat whatsoever. Took 2 three point attempts I believe, after missing them, passed on every other opportunity. He did guard well however. This is the worst Marshall team I've seen in several years. Terrible.

I believe there were at least 9 shot clock violations. A result of ugly offense more than solid D.

I went to the game when they played UC in Charleston. If they aren't shooting well from outside, Marshall struggles. Only reason they were in that game was because of the outside shooting of Scarver early and how well PIttman was playing.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...