Beechwood 42 Cooper 13 (Frosh)

Got this score off facebook.

Beechwood Freshmen 42- Cooper 13. Another great team effort!!

Next week....Cov Cath!!!!

Go Tigers!!

I pulled behind Krogers to look at the scoreboard. Have to say, I was surprised at the margin. By the way, this was the score mid-way through the 3rd Quarter.

Impressive Little Cats, very impressive. Keep it up!

Here is your game report:

Beechwood received the opening kickoff and scored in 4 plays, the TD coming on a 4 yard run by Ryan Bankemper. The XP was missed, 6-0 Tigers 30 seconds into the game. Cooper went 3 and out then the Tigers fumbled the ball back to Cooper. Cooper took advantage of the 39 yard field position and scored on a 1 yard pass from QB Monroe to Torey Cordell, XP blocked, 6-6 with 3:54 to go.

Beechwood put the game away in the second quarter. The Tigers scored on the first play of the quarter on a 1 yard QB sneak by Kyle Fieger. The 2 point conversion was good on a pass from Fieger to Bankemper, 14-6 with 9:57 to go. A Fieger interception gave the Tigers a short field and Stringer soon scored on a 5 yard run, German's XP making it 21-6 at 7:23. The Tigers got another interception when Combs deflected a pass in the backfield and Lucas Benson made a very nice diving grab of the ball. Stringer scored on a 48 yard run, German XP, 28-6 at 5:12. Stringer intercepted another Cooper pass and returned it 70 yards on a very impressive run, 35-6 at 2:16 at that is how the half ended.

Cooper went 3 and out on their first possession and the Tigers marched quickly down field. Braden Combs scored on a 4 yard run, German XP, 42-6. Cooper responded with a nice drive. Monroe hit Elliot Smith with a short TD pass. Cooper went for 2 and failed. That closed the scoring at 42-13. From that point on it was backups getting playing time for both teams and neither team was able to score. Final score 42-13.

Cooper without their 1st & 2nd string QB in this game as I understand. Maybe it wouldn't have made a difference ultimately but some of those INT's probably don't happen.

It was 42 to 13. It wouldn't have made a difference

Cooper without their 1st & 2nd string QB in this game as I understand. Maybe it wouldn't have made a difference ultimately but some of those INT's probably don't happen.

It may have helped the game be more competitive. However, Beechwood did not punt, did not go to the passing game and Cooper could not stop them. Beechwood's first team played just one possession in the second half.

I agree. The 1st and 2nd qb for Cooper being out may have not made a difference in the win/loss column, but they are definitely more competitive with those two in the game on either side of the ball, just ask Cov Cath. Beechwood has an awesome Freshman team and will be strong in the future in their 1A division.

Congrats to the freshman Tigers. One heck of a season. Now they need to finish it off. Cov Cath next week. If they win that, I assume they will play in a championship game. You have to congratulate the new freshman coach, Mr. Proccacino, on an impressive first year. Talk about hitting the ground running in your first year. Still work to be done but a great first season. Good luck the rest of the way to the freshman team.