Jenalee Ginn

SSC

She wasn't with the team more than a couple weeks, I understand it can be hard to juggle at times but she played several sports that went very deep into playoffs at WV. I would think she would be a little better prepared than to last a couple of weeks.

If this Jim Ray award is for a girl going on to play college softball I think she should return the scholarship money.

I think she has set her priorities and getting her education is #1. Softball won't put any food on her table but a degree will. Tough decisions have to be made and we move on to another chapter in our lives. I respect her decision and wish her the best.

I think she has set her priorities and getting her education is #1. Softball won't put any food on her table but a degree will. Tough decisions have to be made and we move on to another chapter in our lives. I respect her decision and wish her the best.

That's great if that is the case, no one has said for sure. Do you know that she has remained in school?

I will respect her decision as well, just don't know what it is. Did she quit bc playing softball and going to school was to hard. Did she quit to focus on her education. There are many reasons she might not be playing and I guess they are not saying for sure.

That's great if that is the case, no one has said for sure. Do you know that she has remained in school?

I will respect her decision as well, just don't know what it is. Did she quit bc playing softball and going to school was to hard. Did she quit to focus on her education. There are many reasons she might not be playing and I guess they are not saying for sure.

She is in school and is putting her focus on her education. I don't see why this is such a big deal for some people. A lot of outstanding high school athletes don't continue to play when they go to college. Their priorities change and they make decisions that will benefit them in the "game of life". I guess she realizes what is best for her and decided that softball just isn't a major piece in her "life puzzle". I understand and respect her decision and wish her the best.

She is in school and is putting her focus on her education. I don't see why this is such a big deal for some people. A lot of outstanding high school athletes don't continue to play when they go to college. Their priorities change and they make decisions that will benefit them in the "game of life". I guess she realizes what is best for her and decided that softball just isn't a major piece in her "life puzzle". I understand and respect her decision and wish her the best.

Again that is great. I don't know where any one says it was a big deal. This is a softball message board where she has been talked about a great deal in the past and in local media. So if it is ok to talk about her when it is going good for her when something like this comes up I feel like it is ok to talk about as well.

BTW I would bet anyone a cup of coffee that there is more to this story than she just wants to focus on her education.

Again that is great. I don't know where any one says it was a big deal. This is a softball message board where she has been talked about a great deal in the past and in local media. So if it is ok to talk about her when it is going good for her when something like this comes up I feel like it is ok to talk about as well.

BTW I would bet anyone a cup of coffee that there is more to this story than she just wants to focus on her education.

Assume what you want. And by the way, I like my coffee black!

I say they start making them give the scholarship back!

Why? Aren't scholarships awarded for past performance? If an orginazation determines that person, student, player has earned a gift or prize of a scholarship, then it's their's to use, right? Are there strings attached or stipulations to the Jim Ray Award?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Jim Ray umpired and reffed for years in the 8th region. He died fairly quickly after being diagnosed with cancer. He was well known for having a good relationship with all the kids. The 8th region softball umpires association (I believe Jim was the first assigning secretary), raise money to provide a scholarship to an 8 th region softball player. I knew Jim well. He would have approved of the selection of JennaLee. I don't think her playing softball in college has anything to do with the award.

Sports after High School is not all it is cracked up to be. There is a time and place for each athlete to set that phase aside and get on with life in general. She had a gift on the field and my guess is she will eventually convert that to a talent in the non sports world. I only met her once but she seemed like a really nice level headed young lady with a great future outside of softball.