Beechwood/Simon Kenton Predictions August 24th 6PM at SK

uk#1fan

Who wins?  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

I

Until I see the kid in street clothes and not playing, I don't believe anything. Sounds like SK is solid this year so Beechwood will need to play with few mistakes. I am still picking BW in this one 22-21 final.

I will have some crow ready for you and everyone else picking Beechwood. :D

I honestly do not know what to expect out of the Tigers tonight. That is a rare thing in Ft. Mitchell. There are so many new faces on this team there is no way to know how it comes together under the Friday night sunset (it is a 6:00 start :D). I waver between optimistic and hopeful. Playing a top notch Conner team tough in the first scrimmage and first starting varsity action for nearly all these players gives optimism. Inconsistent play in the two scrimmages on both sides of the ball causes doubts. Only way to find out is lace 'em up and go get 'em. Good luck to the Tigers!!

SK is relatively healthy, Beechwood is not. SK has played in game competition, BW only scrimmages. SK offense appears to be developing. I expect BW to turn the ball over a couple of times. SK 24-14.

All true and very possible. Unless there are big plays and turnovers that lead to easy points, I see a low scoring game. I believe both teams' have a better defense than offense at this point in the year. We may see another low scoring SK/Danville type game -maybe 14-10 or something in that range.

All true and very possible. Unless there are big plays and turnovers that lead to easy points, I see a low scoring game. I believe both teams' have a better defense than offense at this point in the year. We may see another low scoring SK/Danville type game -maybe 14-10 or something in that range.

I can see that as well. One of the advantages to early scrimmages is that you can "coach them up" at the point of occurance (mistakes/missed assignments) as opposed to a live game where the immediate concern is the next play. Not that this outweighs live game experience but it might minimize the errors by Week 1.