Most Influential Changes of the last 10 years.

I am truly not trying to be insensitive to the challenges that you mention, but to be honest they are just excuses. Does having a car, not having to work, and having a personal trainer make it easier to be successful? Maybe. But success can be achieved without those things. We live in a world were virtually anything is possible.

Personal Trainer: Sure, it's nice, but players can run and train without one. In fact, I could argue that a player running on his own and doing non-convential workouts with ropes, chains, and sacks of horse feed would be in better shape then those going to a personal trainer.

Car: Sure, it's nice and makes traveling (and dating) easier, but a player can ride a back to practice. Now I do realize that some would have to travel quite a distance, but for most is is possible. I used to ride a bike to work 10 miles and it was a great workout and doable, not because I had to, but because I wanted to. This also goes with the trainer.

Having to work: Sure, it makes it harder to work out and get better, but many players around the state do work and it can be done. Good exercise depending on the work, and the player will appreciate it later in life.

Things make it harder to achieve, but it is still doable.

Ummm...I think people would be surprised to learn that most of Trinity's team are just like kids at any other school. They work, many ride the bus or carpool. Personal trainers? :lol:

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Again, debatable. No money for coaches? Good volunteer coaches can be obtained. Is it easier? No. That is why some schools don't do it. Facilities? Beechwood and Highlands have bragged for years that they do not have good facilities. Have they found a way to be successful without spending money on facilities? Yes. Again, not the easy way, but it can be done.

If it were easy, everyone one would be doing it. But some do not want to do the work. People get mad at Highlands when they say they work harder. Maybe they do. I don't mean the team, I mean the program. Maybe the program works harder and does the things that others don't want to do.

Highlands facilities are worse than some grade schools, they do it through the players buying in to the tradition. They want to say they won state like their peers before. Beechwood used to be able to play the poor facilities card, but not anymore. They have a awesome field and a new fieldhouse/weightroom that rivals some colleges. Everyone brings up NewCath and Holy Cross like they have dominated forever. NewCath has 4 state titles and Holy Cross one.

As for most influential changes since 2002 I would have to go with field turf. No more rainouts.

The most negative change by far has to be the addition of 2 classes. They should of consalodated to 3 classes.

I am truly not trying to be insensitive to the challenges that you mention, but to be honest they are just excuses. Does having a car, not having to work, and having a personal trainer make it easier to be successful? Maybe. But success can be achieved without those things. We live in a world were virtually anything is possible.

Personal Trainer: Sure, it's nice, but players can run and train without one. In fact, I could argue that a player running on his own and doing non-convential workouts with ropes, chains, and sacks of horse feed would be in better shape then those going to a personal trainer.

Car: Sure, it's nice and makes traveling (and dating) easier, but a player can ride a bike to practice. Now I do realize that some would have to travel quite a distance, but for most it is possible. I used to ride a bike to work 10 miles and it was a great workout and doable, not because I had to, but because I wanted to. This also goes with the trainer.

Having to work: Sure, it makes it harder to work out and get better, but many players around the state do work and it can be done. Good exercise depending on the work, and the player will appreciate it later in life.

Things make it harder to achieve, but it is still doable.

If there are five kids across the state of Ky who do this, I want to meet them. Times have changed, my friend. Nobody walks 10 miles to school, uphill both ways, anymore. Let's live in the now, and the now says this is folly.

If there are five kids across the state of Ky who do this, I want to meet them. Times have changed, my friend. Nobody walks 10 miles to school, uphill both ways, anymore. Let's live in the now, and the now says this is folly.

My point exactly. They may not do it, but they could. The Highlands fans have talked about their players riding bikes to practice for the workout alone. Maybe they do work harder.

My point exactly. They may not do it, but they could. The Highlands fans have talked about their players riding bikes to practice for the workout alone. Maybe they do work harder.

If you know anything about Ft. Thomas, it's not very spread out. A bike ride to practice in Ft. Thomas would be very different from one to a school in Pike County, for example. Heck, HHS kids can probably take the TANK bus, if necessary.