Dixie 4 Covington Catholic 2

se se..can we get clarification on what is being addressed with TOG? That seems kind of harsh for someone who clearly loves CCH sports and invests as much time in it as he does.

Right and who is anyone to enforce a gag order on someone period. As long as the guy isn't giving away secrets or talking bad about the kids nobody has the right to address anything with him. The guy does more for CCH than probably 90% of all supporters.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Right and who is anyone to enforce a gag order on someone period. As long as the guy isn't giving away secrets or talking bad about the kids nobody has the right to address anything with him. .

Without speaking directly to TOG or CCH the above is not true. Schools/teams/organizations can and sometimes do prevent some from talking ANYTHING about their team online. We had a poster on here who took a job in college athletics and he is not allowed to post online in regards to college sports. He no longer belongs to BGP as a result.

It all boils down to this its hard to win the 9 region in Baseball and Basketball. Even though Covcath was rated #1 doesnt mean they were going to win it every year. Its all about match ups and pitching. Out of the 4 teams that are left they are playing good at the right time. Dixie and Ryle seem like they are always in the hunt in Baseball. Highlands this year have been playing good baseball for the past 2 weeks. Newcath is the school that surprises me every year with Baseball and Basketball cause they are a Single A school they are always in contension with winning the 9 region in baseball and basketball they must get everything they can get out of their kids I always respect that. Good Luck to all the teams left in region.[/quote

Your point is still the same but NC is a 2A school.

NCC is a 1A school in baseball and basketball.

I gotcha. However, there is only A or other, correct? To better get an idea of the school's size I'd use football class as the measuring stick.

You are talking about the All "A" Classic but in the realm of the KHSAA that is not quite true. NCC is in the All "A" Classic by virtue of being one of the 125 smallest enrollment in the Commonwealth but in the KHSAA way of looking at it, they are a 2A size school.

BTW there is no such division in Baseball and Basketball, per the KHSAA.

Remember the Touchstone Energy All "A" Classic is no different than the LexCath Christmas Tourney, the LIT and or the AIT, or any such private tourney ran by anyone other than the KHSAA. It is a great tournament but what it isn't is a KHSAA State High School Championship Tournament.

See below

CLASS 2A

District 1 - Ballard Memorial, Caldwell County, Crittenden County,

Murray, Reidland

District 2 - Butler County, Hancock County, McLean County,

Owensboro Catholic, Todd County Central, Union County

District 3 - Clinton County, Glasgow, Green County, Metcalfe County

District 4 - Bardstown, Christian Academy-Louisville, DeSales, Fort

Knox, Shawnee, Washington County

District 5 - Carroll County, Gallatin County, Owen County, Trimble

County, Walton-Verona

District 6 - Bishop Brossart, Holy Cross (Covington), Lloyd Memorial,

Newport, Newport Central Catholic

District 7 - Danville, Lexington Christian, Middlesboro, Somerset

District 8 - Betsy Layne, Leslie County, Prestonsburg, Shelby Valley

You are talking about the All "A" Classic but in the realm of the KHSAA that is not quite true. NCC is in the All "A" Classic by virtue of being one of the 125 smallest enrollment in the Commonwealth but in the KHSAA way of looking at it, they are a 2A size school.

BTW there is no such division in Baseball and Basketball, per the KHSAA.

It is amazing to me how Northern Kentucky never gets any recognition for their athletes and teams except Cov. Cath. Again,especially in baseball, when Ryle beats 7 out of the top 25 teams at one point this season and was not even listed in the top 25 poll at that time? That includes beating Bryan Station twice (once with their ace Ryne Combs, the kid that is going to UK, on their field , the same team that just beat state ranked #1 Lexington Catholic in their regional semifinals, and various other teams throughout the season that were in the top 10 to top 25 when they played them. I agree Cov. Cath should have been in the top 10 across the state rankings at times, however, what about Holy Cross, Ryle, even Connor beat Cov Cath this season, along with Dixie beating Cov. Cath twice, and Ryle beat them once, Boone County even beat a top 10 team this year. I frankly don't understand the KHSAA and the coaches across the state that do not have a clue of what talent there is up here in Northern Kentucky. There is much more talent in N. Ky besides just Cov. Cath? And a team cannot live on their laurels of the past no matter who it is. I give credit to coach Krumps for being able to create an institute of baseball at Cov. Cath, however, there are other great teams up here too and Cov. Cath fans ought to realize they are not the only ones that have the market on baseball or any other sport in Northern Kentucky even though the rest of the state may think you do. However, all this being said, it sometimes is nice to go in as the unknown team , whoever you are:D .

^ Agree with what you written, TT, but at the same time many of these NKY teams are partly responsible for this lack of respect. Until NKY makes a bit more consistent impact at the state tournament, it is an environment by and large dominated by the Louisivlle and Lexington-area schools. If you want these teams to "respect" you and the coaches to vote for you, then you need to get out and schedule - and beat - some of these teams. Playing the same NKY teams over and over and over won't get you many statewide ranking votes and, frankly, won't make you all that much better of a team either. Now, that being said, I have no idea why a school like Ryle - who played and beat quite a number of state-ranked teams this year - would not have gotten more attention. I guess some of the coaches downstate are simply stuck in their past voting ways and won't vote for any school not named Covington Catholic or Beechwood. So be it, ultimately the rankings mean little and NKY can get themselves the ultimate level of respect by capturing a couple of state championships.

^ Agree with what you written, TT, but at the same time many of these NKY teams are partly responsible for this lack of respect. Until NKY makes a bit more consistent impact at the state tournament, it is an environment by and large dominated by the Louisivlle and Lexington-area schools. If you want these teams to "respect" you and the coaches to vote for you, then you need to get out and schedule - and beat - some of these teams. Playing the same NKY teams over and over and over won't get you many statewide ranking votes and, frankly, won't make you all that much better of a team either. Now, that being said, I have no idea why a school like Ryle - who played and beat quite a number of state-ranked teams this year - would not have gotten more attention. I guess some of the coaches downstate are simply stuck in their past voting ways and won't vote for any school not named Covington Catholic or Beechwood. So be it, ultimately the rankings mean little and NKY can get themselves the ultimate level of respect by capturing a couple of state championships.

I totally agree Coop! I think you are right about taking a team a couple of state championships before they are recognized in the top levels. Even Harrison County with all of its state baseball championships over the years, I still don't think they really get as much credit in the "so called polls" as they probably should in comparison to the big Catholic schools. It seems in this region, people, coaches tend to hang on to past experiences and names more so than what is going on now with those up and coming sports programs from the newer schools. And again, at the end of the day, all polls are are bragging rites anyway.

I totally agree Coop! I think you are right about taking a team a couple of state championships before they are recognized in the top levels. Even Harrison County with all of its state baseball championships over the years, I still don't think they really get as much credit in the "so called polls" as they probably should in comparison to the big Catholic schools. It seems in this region, people, coaches tend to hang on to past experiences and names more so than what is going on now with those up and coming sports programs from the newer schools. And again, at the end of the day, all polls are are bragging rites anyway.

What Catholic HS are you saying are the BIG Catholic HS? Only St. X and Trinity can be classified as big and both are in Louisville, the rest are small in number and that includes CovCath with an enrollment of about 500 boys!

That number makes CovCath smaller than any County public HS in Boone, Kenton or Campbell Counties!

se se..can we get clarification on what is being addressed with TOG? That seems kind of harsh for someone who clearly loves CCH sports and invests as much time in it as he does.

I figured se se would go dark after his statement about TOG and his posts on BGP being addressed by the higher ups at Cov Cath. I would love to hear all of the scoop on this.

What Catholic HS are you saying are the BIG Catholic HS? Only St. X and Trinity can be classified as big and both are in Louisville, the rest are small in number and that includes CovCath with an enrollment of about 500 boys!

That number makes CovCath smaller than any County public HS in Boone, Kenton or Campbell Counties!

Only big in name TOG respectfully so...