Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Dixie 4 Covington Catholic 2

Featured Replies

Honestly I only saw a few CCH games, and 4-5 is probably a bad statement. That would require getting a guy on with less than two outs almost every inning. My bad. However, in the games I've seen over the years, almost like clockwork, they get a guy on with less than two outs, they bunt. I've seen Leadoff doubles get bunted over, which I think is a bad play. In my experience, it never seems like they play for the big inning, even early in the game. And I think that hurts them in a one and out situation against good teams.

 

And I would love to know the number of bunts and attempted bunts they had:). Again, admittedly, I don't have a clue, and some of my statement is based on perception and what others say.

 

The total number of SAC Bunts that were done successfully was 55 on the season.

 

Honestly the number of failed SAC bunts meaning forcing the runner out instead of successfully moving the runner on, were few and far in between. More SAC Bunts this season were attempted but failed (meaning the batter after two strikes did something else) than I have seen in a while but your number was way, way out of line and indeed more times that not this season also, those SAC Bunt turned into base hits as guys like Reese and Stein could bunt very well.

  • Replies 117
  • Views 20.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don't have a dog in this fight but I don't understand why they would bunt in none sacrifice situations knowing that it's turf?

 

Worked for Reese as he reached on a single. I do not recall any others that resulted in outs.

The total number of SAC Bunts that were done successfully was 55 on the season.

 

Honestly the number of failed SAC bunts meaning forcing the runner out instead of successfully moving the runner on, were few and far in between. More SAC Bunts this season were attempted but failed (meaning the batter after two strikes did something else) than I have seen in a while but your number was way, way out of line and indeed more times that not this season also, those SAC Bunt turned into base hits as guys like Reese and Stein could bunt very well.

 

And I realized my number was way out of line. I'm curious though, how many of those 55 sacs turned into runs, or occurred in multiple run innings. If that number isn't close to 40 (which is about 1 extra run per game), I'd say the bunt is probably still overused.

CovCath and Coach Krumplebeck should have more titles than other 9th region schools. They usually have better teams.

 

The criticism is fair considering that many years since 2005 the Colonels have come in as the favorite or #2 and failed to produce.

 

Colonel fans may not like that but it's a fair criticism of the program.

IMG_5627.jpg

 

 

Other game pictures, congrats to Dixie as they move on.

 

 

[ATTACH=CONFIG]36648[/ATTACH]

 

 

Other game pictures, congrats to Dixie as they move on.

 

 

 

Great picture of Coach!

Great picture of Coach!

 

Priceless !!!!!!!!!!!

Read hja comment and by the way clyde I build houses, I don't right for a living.

 

I'm far from a Cov Cath "guy" but I do like several of their players that I have met over the years. My thoughts were my opinions on why the #1 team most years does not win the Region more than they do. I just think in the Regional that good teams that can defend the bunt, on turf especially, can get Cov Cath off their game. I may be wrong but that's my thought. Dixie was the better team today and deserved to win by playing solid defense with zero errors.

 

And I believe you are correct when you say you don't "right" for a living!!

Congrats to Max and the boys on the big win today.....he seemed to have them really focused for this one.

 

Good luck against the Bluebirds Wednesday!!!

Listening to the replay on Covcath radio and in the 2nd, CCH is struggling with the ball at the plate. Don't know if these are pass ball or dropped balls, but 2 runs in on errors I assume. Also, who called the game in the booth. Is one Rich Maile?

 

Watched the video. First WP was outside and hard to block. They had the runner nailed at home but the runner did a pop up slide and Ben dropped the ball on the tag.

 

2nd WP scooted under Jake.

How ever many Ws Krumps had is the same number of extra wins he has over me so.....

 

I would not put a SAC bunt guy in the 2 hole. Hurts the offense IMO.

So tell me please, what Ninth Region HS baseball team and their coach, has won a state title since 1997 (15 years)?

 

Now tell me please, how many current Ninth Region HS Baseball coaches have coached a Ninth Region HS baseball team to a State Title?

 

Oh and do you want to tell me who the Ryle, Conner and Cooper Head Baseball coaches played HS baseball for?

 

Yea, get rid of a coach who has over 800 wins, has won countless 34th/35th District titles, Nine Ninth Regional Tournaments, a state title and won 20 or more games for 26 straight years.

 

You could only wish you were as successful at your job, as Coach Krumps is at his!

 

BTW CovCath has won the Ninth Region twice in the last 11 years!

 

 

[h=3]District Champions[/h] 1948, 1954, 1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1967, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1975, 1982, 1985, 1986, 1987, 1989, 1991, 1992, 1995, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2011

[h=3]Regional Champions[/h] 1970, 1985, 1987, 1992, 1994, 1995, 1998, 2000, 2002, 2005

[h=3]Semi-State Champions[/h] 1985, 2002

[h=3]State Champions[/h] 2002

 

It officially marks the beginning of summer for me when the following things happen....Memorial Day, Cov Cath bows out of the regional tourney after having the most talent and most years coming into the tourney ranked # 1, the loss is blamed on the heat, turf or other misc. event, people question why, TOG takes the bait and delivers a response like above. I have not coached a HS baseball team to a single win TOG but I'll keep my paycheck thank you. Does anyone have any opinions on how many regional titles that Ryle or Beechwood's coach would have over the last 10 years with the talent at Cov Cath? I'm curious to get some opinions on that. TOG, can you please post the box score I'm curious to see the fielding stats.

It officially marks the beginning of summer for me when the following things happen....Memorial Day, Cov Cath bows out of the regional tourney after having the most talent and most years coming into the tourney ranked # 1, the loss is blamed on the heat, turf or other misc. event, people question why, TOG takes the bait and delivers a response like above. I have not coached a HS baseball team to a single win TOG but I'll keep my paycheck thank you. Does anyone have any opinions on how many regional titles that Ryle or Beechwood's coach would have over the last 10 years with the talent at Cov Cath? I'm curious to get some opinions on that. TOG, can you please post the box score I'm curious to see the fielding stats.

 

 

So name a CovCath fan who blamed the loss on anything but Dixie playing better than CovCath and then after you have, I will post the fielding stats.

It officially marks the beginning of summer for me when the following things happen....Memorial Day, Cov Cath bows out of the regional tourney after having the most talent and most years coming into the tourney ranked # 1, the loss is blamed on the heat, turf or other misc. event, people question why, TOG takes the bait and delivers a response like above. I have not coached a HS baseball team to a single win TOG but I'll keep my paycheck thank you. Does anyone have any opinions on how many regional titles that Ryle or Beechwood's coach would have over the last 10 years with the talent at Cov Cath? I'm curious to get some opinions on that. TOG, can you please post the box score I'm curious to see the fielding stats.

 

Obviously your opinion. I certainly don't think CCH had the best talent out of all the teams in the 9th this year. They have about the same as Ryle, Dixie, HC.

 

I'm sure it's an extremely disappointing day for CCH fans, but as has been pointed out already - sometimes the best team doesn't take the crown in a one-and-out format. It happens. CCH is clearly one of the top two teams in the 9th this year and a huge part of that has to do with their coaching. 31-6 is nothing to sneeze at. I'm sure loss #6 kind of stings a tad right now, but hopefully these CCH players will be able to look back and realize they put together a pretty impressive season.

* Shutitdown, first of all you need to get a life. When your summer starts at the loss of a high school athletic team that you dislike. Actually sad.

* I am a Cov Cath guy and don't understand where many people think they have the best athletes year in and year out. I am assuming Shutitdown must lead the charge to determine what team has the best players. This years Cov Cath teams strength were the amount of seniors which should help but certainly not be the end all determining factor. Their success in baseball can not be only determined by Regional titles.

* My next point wont be a popular one. Because everyone has a username on this site I am going out on a limb to say I doubt many if any coaches or staff are any of the few active participants on this site. I find it hard to believe that Coach Krumpleman would approve of some of the bantering that goes on here which THEOLDGUY gets sucked into. Not sure of his title but he travels with the team, keeps the book, sits near the bench at all games. He clearly is part of the team. While the info he provides is great there are plenty of avenues to provide this information. This site is not the place for team coaches, players and team staff to join people like SHUTITDOWN whose life is determined by high school sports to go back and forth. This is being addressed.

*Dixie deserved the win, great coach, solid players. Well done.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.