Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Dixie 4 Covington Catholic 2

Featured Replies

Easy, se se, you're still on the JV team. Get warmed up before you start ripping on people. If you think this site determined who has talent and who doesn't, I think we'd see a lot of Kentucky athletes going pro. Unfortunately, it's not. We have opinions just like you do, and if you don't like or respect other people's opinions, no one here is forcing you to log on and read forums.

 

Easy, my man. Site would be boring if we all just posted stuff we all agree with. He asks a fair question and one that is true for all CCH sports - is CCH's talent less than what everyone always assumes?

  • Replies 117
  • Views 20.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Blue Magic

 

I just saw how many posts you have. WOW I am impressed. 8,000 posts. LMAO

Great job by everyone on here who has defended Krumps and his impact on all of the young men who he has taught in the classroom and coached on the field. I'm certain that amongst his peers, he is widely respected and admired. The biggest misconception about CCH (mostly in the minds of the parents) is that they are better than everyone else. It's simply not true. There is a lot of talent within the region and sometimes you just run into a better team on a particular day. It's funny how everyone bashes Krumps for bunting all the time but if you read the thread on the Highlands v. Conner game, Highlands is being praised and rightfully so for getting their bunts down and making the other team field the ball. I wasn't at the Dixie v CCH game but I heard that Dixie tried a couple of squeeze attempts (not sure if that's a fact) but no one is getting on Coach Max's case nor should they. BM - I'm certain there are a lot of coaches who would love to coach at CCH, but they better be careful what they wish for - that would be a tough act to follow and I'm not sure there are many who are up to the task and can match Krump's sustained level of excellence and committment to the kids. It's easy to second guess those who dare to lead, it's quite another to stand in their shoes. Get 'em next year Krumps and maybe some day, I'll have a son lucky enough to play for you!

Easy, my man. Site would be boring if we all just posted stuff we all agree with. He asks a fair question and one that is true for all CCH sports - is CCH's talent less than what everyone always assumes?

 

I wasn't talking about that question. The statement "It's this site that somehow determines who is talented and who is not" is erroneous.

 

But as far as that question goes, there are certain years when Cov Cath isn't as talented as other schools, but over Krump's tenure, yes, Cov Cath has been more talented than other schools. Just in recent memory the 2006 (?) Beechwood team was more talented, 2007 Ryle team was close if not more talented than Cov Cath, 2010 Cov Cath team was down, I didn't catch much of the region last year, but from my understanding they were level or a little less talented than a couple of teams. So yes, sometimes they are not the best/most talented team. But looking at a greater scale, I think it's safe to say they receive more talented baseball players.

 

Some of the best times and accomplishments of my life were made playing under Krumps. He taught me a lot and I'll respect him for the rest of my life for that. But my point is you have to play to your team's strengths, and that's my issue.

Blue Magic

 

I just saw how many posts you have. WOW I am impressed. 8,000 posts. LMAO

 

This is actually post #8,000. I'll dedicate it to you, se se.

my guess is your time on the playing field was limited, hence the comments.

Should have learned to bunt better maybe.

Edited by se se

Cov. CATh lost, Dixie won simple as that! Take the excuses away.

Blue Magic

"But looking at a greater scale, I think it's safe to say they receive more talented baseball players".

 

What are you basing that on?

 

Their little league stats? Their club baseball stats? Your in depth knowledge of baseball?

 

You happen to know their family? I saw big time talent on Ryle, Connor, Dixie, New Cath, Cooper.

 

I am a huge Cov Cath fan and graduate. I respect your opinion but I dont see all this talent everyone refers to.

Edited by se se

my guess is your time on the playing field was limited, hence the comments.

Should have learned to bunt better maybe.

 

:lol: I'm not trying to pat myself on the back but for credibility purposes I dabbled as a sophomore, and started every game my junior and senior year. Probably started close to 80 games.

 

Blue Magic

"But looking at a greater scale, I think it's safe to say they receive more talented baseball players".

 

What are you basing that on?

 

Their little league stats? Their club baseball stats? Your in depth knowledge of baseball?

 

You happen to know their family? I saw big time talent on Ryle, Connor, Dixie, New Cath, Cooper.

 

I am a huge Cov Cath fan and graduate. I respect your opinion but I dont see all this talent everyone refers to.

 

As did I. I mentioned the talent at Ryle. I mentioned the talent at Beechwood. New Cath has had some good talent, so has Connor. But none of those team had the talent that Cov Cath has put through the past ten years. They just haven't proven it in the regional. I can't sit here and type out everyone's players from every school over the past decade and compare. I'm just going off of what I have seen. If you disagree, then so be it. Agree to disagree.

Are you saying the mafia is going to muzzle TOG? Please don't do that.

 

se se..can we get clarification on what is being addressed with TOG? That seems kind of harsh for someone who clearly loves CCH sports and invests as much time in it as he does.

It all boils down to this its hard to win the 9 region in Baseball and Basketball. Even though Covcath was rated #1 doesnt mean they were going to win it every year. Its all about match ups and pitching. Out of the 4 teams that are left they are playing good at the right time. Dixie and Ryle seem like they are always in the hunt in Baseball. Highlands this year have been playing good baseball for the past 2 weeks. Newcath is the school that surprises me every year with Baseball and Basketball cause they are a Single A school they are always in contension with winning the 9 region in baseball and basketball they must get everything they can get out of their kids I always respect that. Good Luck to all the teams left in region.

It all boils down to this its hard to win the 9 region in Baseball and Basketball. Even though Covcath was rated #1 doesnt mean they were going to win it every year. Its all about match ups and pitching. Out of the 4 teams that are left they are playing good at the right time. Dixie and Ryle seem like they are always in the hunt in Baseball. Highlands this year have been playing good baseball for the past 2 weeks. Newcath is the school that surprises me every year with Baseball and Basketball cause they are a Single A school they are always in contension with winning the 9 region in baseball and basketball they must get everything they can get out of their kids I always respect that. Good Luck to all the teams left in region.[/quote

 

Your point is still the same but NC is a 2A school.

my guess is your time on the playing field was limited, hence the comments.

Should have learned to bunt better maybe.

 

se se actually as BM stated he was a starter and a very good bunter. In fact if memory serves me correctly, I think he bunted in the winning run in against a team in the Boyd County tournament.

 

 

Of note also se se aren't you now doing exactly what you said I was doing?

Omg CCH your season is over you have all winter to beat on this. Why don't they practice on the football field how to block the ball in the dirt or how to bunt on the turf and maybe they will be able to eliminate that excuse before next year.

Omg CCH your season is over you have all winter to beat on this. Why don't they practice on the football field how to block the ball in the dirt or how to bunt on the turf and maybe they will be able to eliminate that excuse before next year.

 

Now THAT was something easy to digest. Don't sell yourself short, BBBS.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.