Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Dixie 4 Covington Catholic 2

Featured Replies

I agree with you, Clyde, but there were one or two situations where one would normally see a squeeze or sacrifice bunt, but that didn't happen. It could've very well have been the player at the plate not being a good bunter, I really don't know. Like I said, I do agree with you about there not being a lot of situations for them to play small ball.

 

Spartan, I like the Freedom for Regional games bc it provides a pretty cool environment for all involved. I like that there are seats with backs, not bleachers, and that it can hold a ton more people than any high school field in the area. I would like to see the All A go back to a neutral high school field, but I don't know if that'll happen anytime soon.

  • Replies 117
  • Views 20.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So Cov Cath lost because of playing on the turf field?

Never said that, nor implied it. They lost bc Dixie played better, hit better and capitalized on opportunities better.

Will cch fans ever admit to getting beat by a better team, every time you hear excuses and now you are blaming the field. I don't think the surface changed when dixie was hitting I mean come on you people are always looking for excuses, if you get beat say you got beat and move on.

Umm, how many years has the 9th region been played at Florence Freedom's yard? Sorry, but I can't blame the surface.

The turf wasn't the issue today. You can't sac if you don't have batters get on to start an inning.

 

CCH has made a living forcing teams to make plays and making them execute rotations properly and forcing unearned runs. Today Dixie didn't make any errors, CCH made 2 critical errors, Dixie wins.

 

I didn't the book and can't recall the exact scenarios but I wonder if Dixie had any earned runs today? Yes, I realize wild pitches count towards the earned run determination.

 

How many outs were there when LF missed the lazy fly ball? Did that start the inning?

 

 

Cov Cath bunts to start inning's a lot of times, not just sac bunts. Heck, I think they went over to Ohio last year and beat a top 5 team by bunting on the first 4 or 5 batters and scored their only runs of the game. IMO if you take the bunt away during the regular season Cov Cath loses their share of games against these teams they are losing to in the regional. I know they lost to Dixie, Conner and Ryle this year but there is not much difference with them and a lot of others if the bunt doesn't work. They are always still a very good team but they manufacture a lot of regular season wins with the bunt.

If you're referring to any of my posts, you may want to go back and read them again. I'm not a CC fan, friend, or supporter. Secondly, twice now I've said Dixie was better today and even said that Parker was outstanding.

Maybe it's time for a change at Cov Cath or a change in philosophy. It seems the small ball/bunting will produce 20 plus wins every year but in crunch time on a turf field they can't get it done. It certainly seems that year in and year out they have the most talent and deepest talent pool to pick from yet they haven't won the regional in 7 years and have won one regional title in 11 years. If this were football or basketball we would be talking about a new coach or they would already have one.

Will cch fans ever admit to getting beat by a better team, every time you hear excuses and now you are blaming the field. I don't think the surface changed when dixie was hitting I mean come on you people are always looking for excuses, if you get beat say you got beat and move on.

 

1. Punctuation can be your friend..

2. I havent seen any CCH fans post that the turf was why they lost.

Maybe it's time for a change at Cov Cath or a change in philosophy. It seems the small ball/bunting will produce 20 plus wins every year but in crunch time on a turf field they can't get it done. It certainly seems that year in and year out they have the most talent and deepest talent pool to pick from yet they haven't won the regional in 7 years and have won one regional title in 11 years. If this were football or basketball we would be talking about a new coach or they would already have one.

 

They won the region in 2002 and 2005.

Maybe it's time for a change at Cov Cath or a change in philosophy. It seems the small ball/bunting will produce 20 plus wins every year but in crunch time on a turf field they can't get it done. It certainly seems that year in and year out they have the most talent and deepest talent pool to pick from yet they haven't won the regional in 7 years and have won one regional title in 11 years. If this were football or basketball we would be talking about a new coach or they would already have one.

 

I'll take Krumps any day!

They won the region in 2002 and 2005.

 

Good catch Clyde...they have won once in 10 years ..that is much better than once in 11 years.

Read hja comment and by the way clyde I build houses, I don't right for a living.

Maybe it's time for a change at Cov Cath or a change in philosophy. It seems the small ball/bunting will produce 20 plus wins every year but in crunch time on a turf field they can't get it done. It certainly seems that year in and year out they have the most talent and deepest talent pool to pick from yet they haven't won the regional in 7 years and have won one regional title in 11 years. If this were football or basketball we would be talking about a new coach or they would already have one.

 

 

Bunting has it's place in baseball. But Cov Cath does it way too much. They give away 4 or 5 outs every game, which is about 20% of the outs in a 7 inning game. And when you get to the regional, playing good teams that can defend the bunt, they just cant score enough runs. Play for the big inning early in the game, manufacture runs when you need them late in the game.

Read hja comment and by the way clyde I build houses, I don't right for a living.

 

HJA is not a CCH guy.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.