Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Dixie 4 Covington Catholic 2

Featured Replies

  • Replies 117
  • Views 20.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Spartan called it.

Impressive outing by Stansberry. Tough day to go 7.

Yes he did! I really thought this would be the year for them to get over the hump/curse or whatever you want to call it. WOW!!!

Impressive outing by Stansberry. Tough day to go 7.

 

wow!!!Bes tteam in the region flops again..

I wasn't there, but how many times did Cov Cath bunt?

It seems like every year Cov Cath comes into the 9th region tourney as the favorite only to be sent packing. Will be an interesting post game report coming I'm sure.

Listening to the replay on Covcath radio and in the 2nd, CCH is struggling with the ball at the plate. Don't know if these are pass ball or dropped balls, but 2 runs in on errors I assume. Also, who called the game in the booth. Is one Rich Maile?

I, too, heard reports of a good amount of passed balls/wild pitches. I wasn't there, however, so I have little credibility to go on. That's a shame -- I was looking forward to watching them play.

I wasn't there, but how many times did Cov Cath bunt?

 

Not many baserunners to move.

Listening to the replay on Covcath radio and in the 2nd, CCH is struggling with the ball at the plate. Don't know if these are pass ball or dropped balls, but 2 runs in on errors I assume. Also, who called the game in the booth. Is one Rich Maile?

 

My guess is that curves in the dirt bounced a bit differently than traditional fields.

I wasn't there, but how many times did Cov Cath bunt?

 

I believe Reese (or the #2 hitter in the CC lineup) got a bunt single with two out and no one on to start CovCath's 2 run rally. But like Clyde implied, there weren't many opportunites where the bunt made sense.

They have to be very disappointed to end the season so suddenly after 30 wins and being ranked # 1 all season in the 9th. It's been 7 long years since they have won the regional.

What is the reason for the post season struggles that CCH has experienced lately?

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.